Removing snow off the Zed

HassanZ

Hi all,

As you're all aware, the snow is coming down thick and fast. My Zed is already covered in thick snow.

I plan on going outside in a bit to remove the snow off my car, I don't want it piling up too much on her as it'll be difficult to remove tomorrow when I go to fill up and do my weekly shopping.

Is it okay to just scrape the snow off with my hands (wearing gloves) or do I risk scratching the paintwork due to the snow rubbing against the paint?

I appreciate your help guys :)

Hassan

i usually clear the majority off the roof etc but leave about 1cm so i don't touch the paint. and then clean all the glass parts and lights.

anything left on top can then blow off when i drive.

just remember your captain brave pants and take 2 brave pills before you go to sleep :lol:

if the snows not too bad its do able, but if its proper thick you might want to think twice

i'd give anything to have my zed or S2k back in the snow.

not becuas ehtey were awesome in the snow but becuase i think they be a damn sight better than my jag.

as its an auto and there is no snow mode button, plus with the huge 20" rims summer tyres and the 370 bhp, i think mondays drive to work is going to be a bum clencher. :wacko:

I'm currently at work on a nightshift and the snow is coming down nicely.

Finally a chance to give the snow tyres a proper test.

The Zed is fine in the snow, drove back from Germany once in thick snow on Rays with RE040's on.

Did take me 18 hours for the whole trip home tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'd give anything to have my zed or S2k back in the snow.

not becuas ehtey were awesome in the snow but becuase i think they be a damn sight better than my jag.

as its an auto and there is no snow mode button, plus with the huge 20" rims summer tyres and the 370 bhp, i think mondays drive to work is going to be a bum clencher. :wacko:

The XF I had was the most useles car Ive ever driven in the snow. The zed would have been better, as it is manual, but still not brilliant. It "can" be driven in the snow, but I would not reccomend it.

The first Zed we had, Tracy had no choice but to take it out in the snow, and even being very careful she slipped and hit the curb. It wasn't with much force, but it bent the wheel slightly under and resulted in part of the subframe requiring replacement. Went through insurance, and it was a £6k bill to fix. :scare:

So if you do need to take the Zed out in the snow, be very, very careful.

With the right tyres it would be fine. Why would the Germans and Japanese who get much more snow then us make their cars undrivable for part of the year. :lol:

In Germany Winter tyres are mandatory, snow chains must be carried. Their drivers also have a lot more experience of heavy winter driving conditions. Unfortunately even if the Zed driver is safe, there is no way of accounting for somoene else sliding into them because they havent got a clue how to drive in snow :headhurt:

With the right tyres it would be fine. Why would the Germans and Japanese who get much more snow then us make their cars undrivable for part of the year. :lol:

I lived in Tokyo for a year, didn't see a single snowflake... :shrug:

It 100% snows in the north though. :)

I lived in Tokyo for a year, didn't see a single snowflake... :shrug:

Only when you looked in the mirror though..... :lol::lol:

I had about 5 inches of snow on my zed sunday morning, just brushed it off with my bare hands. Didnt want to leave the soft top with the weight of snow on it.

Work this morning was nothing to worry about at all for me, even though my cul-de-sac was like sheet ice. Namely cos I left my zed safe on the drive and pinched my missus`s old car instead. :lol:

Pleased I did, the road down to my office was like driving through the antartic and a 45 degree slope into the car park. No way id be able to get down their in the zed very easily.

I had about 5 inches of snow on my zed sunday morning, just brushed it off with my bare hands.

MANLY MAN IS MANLY B)

That's what I did with the Impreza this morning, even though I couldn't get actually get it off the drive any way despite repeated attempts. RE070s are not great in the snow :lol:

I had about 5 inches of snow on my zed sunday morning, just brushed it off with my bare hands.

MANLY MAN IS MANLY B)

That's what I did with the Impreza this morning, even though I couldn't get actually get it off the drive any way despite repeated attempts. RE070s are not great in the snow :lol:

:lol: would have been more manly had I brushed it off using something else.....

You should have got some of those ying yang "£100 a set" specials, rather than those RE070s..... :lol:

:ban: Worlds most boring thread :yawn:;)

Maybe but it's an issue if your car lives outside :p

If you know the snow is coming it's worth giving the car a clean and wax to offer some protection. I did that on Saturday morning (snow came in the evening). Noticed the next morning that the snow wasn't clinging to the car as much as other cars in the road. Seemed to start melting off quicker and just slid off with a gentle nudge :thumbs:

Flipping heck, if you don't know how to clear snow off the car leave it at home......

That's just what I was thinking :lol:

If your not sure of the correct technique to remove snow of a car then should you really be driving it in the snow? :shrug:

Clear the windows and drive off ffs if a few flakes of snow blow onto the winscreen or fall onto the rear window there are wipers :wink: