Not been a good day - Pics now added - Wonky Skirt

SteveW

a machine polisher is your best bet, either with something like ultimate compound or swirlx.

if they don't work, something like PB black hole glaze can help. it won;t fix it but hides fine scratches very well.

Thats what the other stuff is called :thumbs:

You might want to drop Tim at EnvyValeting a PM so see what he recommends B)

and get this biscuit.....some wet and dry :scare: ......me.....loose on a car with wet and dry paper :surrender:

Worked though!

:scare::scare:

......... :worthless:

Like a div I didn't actually take any before pics. I was only brave enough to use 2000 grit which is about the equivalent of wiping it with the bog paper you find in public loo's!

It dulled all the paint off and took the scratches out then I used G3 and Megs Ultimate to get the shine back.......quite scary when all the paint was dulled to hell :scare:

Sorry Steve - hijacking your thread!

Yeah I do really need to get a DA polisher was thinking about it today when I was doing some Meguiars stage 1 clean and stage 2 polishing, it's hard work to buff it off manually.

Wish it was as easy as NXT 2 Tech Wax!!

Thanks for the suggestions I'll give one a go :thumbs:

Paul thank you for the response about the skirts :thumbs: will let you know the outcome.

Cheers!

Interesting,

Problem is no matter what kit you buy be it Shine or Charge speed or whatever you will ALWAYS be instructed to get it fitted by a professional. If you went back to the seller or direct to Shine then this is what you will be told unfortunately.

I don't think there are too many issues with Shine products, most of their stuff is as good if not better than other aftermarket brands.

Hope you get it sorted Steve

No worries Steve :thumbs:

Just curious RTBISCUIT who was it having issues with a shine front bumper ? Not aware of it being any of the ones I've sold apart from one damaged in transit that was repaired and sold on.

And yeah Tarmac you quite correct all kits should be prefitted buy a professional before painting before any supplier will look at a quality issue, these kits are very flexible and I'm sure the piece that Steve is worried about can be corrected without any additional fitting costs. Very little fits straight on without any minor corrections even oem parts. I seen many brand new oem stuff sitting in the workshop covered in patches of filler to sort out indescrepences.

I look forward to Steves outcome

Just curious RTBISCUIT who was it having issues with a shine front bumper ? Not aware of it being any of the ones I've sold apart from one damaged in transit that was repaired and sold on.

they aren't a member on here; i don't know what the final outcome was all i know was they had a shine bumper that even after it going to a bodyshop there was no hope in a month of sundays that it was ever going to fit. and that was the bodyshops opinion.

never saw the unit, or the fit just know that it was shine and it had a major issue.

a machine polisher is your best bet, either with something like ultimate compound or swirlx.

if they don't work, something like PB black hole glaze can help. it won;t fix it but hides fine scratches very well.

I use Ultimate Compound, better than swirl-x (if I recall from Darren B's victimisation of his Zed in the light tunnel at Meguiars) to be fair you really must use a DA, it gives superb results. I was using mine today to correct some of the marks on the car since having my bodywork corrected. You can't go wrong with a DA. Here's how good these things are:

Before

IMG_5021.jpg

After

IMG_5022.jpg

No worries Steve :thumbs:

And yeah Tarmac you quite correct all kits should be prefitted buy a professional before painting before any supplier will look at a quality issue, these kits are very flexible and I'm sure the piece that Steve is worried about can be corrected without any additional fitting costs. Very little fits straight on without any minor corrections even oem parts. I seen many brand new oem stuff sitting in the workshop covered in patches of filler to sort out indescrepences.

I look forward to Steves outcome

Thanks Paul, agree completely - will get these down the bodyshop as soon as possible and see what they say, roll on the january bonus payment.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Steve

I use Ultimate Compound, better than swirl-x (if I recall from Darren B's victimisation of his Zed in the light tunnel at Meguiars) to be fair you really must use a DA, it gives superb results. I was using mine today to correct some of the marks on the car since having my bodywork corrected. You can't go wrong with a DA. Here's how good these things are:

Before

IMG_5021.jpg

After

IMG_5022.jpg

I need a DA!!

Mine is affected by that swirly stuiff in general, great results!