Not been a good day - Pics now added - Wonky Skirt

SteveW

Decided that this weekend seen as I had a free one and it's not too cold I'd fit my Shine Amuse Side Skirts which I bought in October.

I must admit they do look good - apart from how dirty the car is.

IMG_1007.jpg

Managed get all the body side clips in and drill the end holes but then noticed it didn't quite line up by the back edge of the door no matter what I do the back edge is nowhere near being aligned. It must be 10mm out :( been trying to fit it for 4 hours.

:thumbdown:

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Is there anything I can do to reshape the part or do I need to get back in touch with the seller?

Pretty disappointed to be honest :console: I expected them to pretty much go straight on being Shine, costing a lot and after all the good reports I've read on here :(

I had a similar problem with some shine nismo spats, the fit was very iffy where it met the bumper, the bodyshop managed to reprofile then a bit and had to use flexible filler, the end result isn't perfect but certainly miles better, take em to a bodyshop and see what they say :thumbs:

doubt there is anything you can do Steve, did you get them directly from shine or through a trader?

Thanks mate, not what I wanted to hear. Was hoping I could get the hairdryer out and reshape.. I got them from one of the Traders on here

I had a similar problem with some shine nismo spats, the fit was very iffy where it met the bumper, the bodyshop managed to reprofile then a bit and had to use flexible filler, the end result isn't perfect but certainly miles better, take em to a bodyshop and see what they say :thumbs:

Yeah I was thinking that might be what I have to do, pretty annoyed still to be honest because paying the kind of money you pay for Shine stuff it should be right and you shouldn't have to pay to mod them to make them fit. I might see how the other side fits tomorrow before moving forward, really worried about the new front bumper I've got too if this skirt is anything to go by.

i've heard of someone else having major issues with a shine front bumper,

it is at the end of the day a copy and copies are never a straight bolt on fit, and would generally need the expertise of a body shop to fit them.

i think what you get with shine products is decent fiberglass work, as in the fact that it is a denent thickness and a good gel coat finish. i've seen some kits you can almost see through they are so poor.

might sound silly but does it say shine on the product its self? any branding marks etc? did the seller say it was a perfect fit? some times they have been pre fitted to check them, other times they are sold sttraight from the mould.

my guess is that cann't be re shapped but what the bodyshop will do is bond it in place, this does make them some what permanent.

doubt there is anything you can do Steve, did you get them directly from shine or through a trader?

Thanks mate, not what I wanted to hear. Was hoping I could get the hairdryer out and reshape.. I got them from one of the Traders on here

Sorry for the bad news, a decent body shop may be able to resolve. If I were you I would pick it up with the trader ASAP. :thumbdown:

I am the full shine kit mate and where the sill goes inside the door you will see a hole - that bit should be attached to the body. I had the same issue on my sills.

I could go take a picture but its quite dark - let me know if you want me to. :thumbs:

No mate neither the skirts or bumper say shine on them anywhere at all, are they supposed to. There are bits of the fibreglass you can see through especially on the bumper. I had to file some of the fibreglass away on the skirt to get it to sit flush at the back as you have to with most aftermarket parts but doing this caused some of the gel coat to crack off so I need to repair that too.

I expected having to do some minor fibreglass removal but still expected it to line up for the most part.

The more I think about the more annoyed I get. Seems like I've pretty much thrown away the best part of a grand....should have just got the Aerosync one instead.

Looks like its straight from the mould there don't appear to be any fitment marks on it or holes etc.

Hi Cragus,

If you could mate that would be awesome!

Are you saying there is a screw going into the metal to hold it in place?

I did think that was an option but it would be putting quite a lot of force on the skirt to pull it back far enough.

Did you have these fitting issues?

Thank you

Steve

Hi Cragus,

If you could mate that would be awesome!

Are you saying there is a screw going into the metal to hold it in place?

I did think that was an option but it would be putting quite a lot of force on the skirt to pull it back far enough.

Did you have these fitting issues?

Thank you

Steve

I didn't as my painter fitted them - I'm too much of a DIY noob. :blush:

I had the same issues though mate - I will go take some snaps now. Two mins!

Thanks mate, yours also seems to fit very similar to mine in that area :thumbdown:

Really don't fancy putting a screw into the chassis though, to hold the skirt in place. I also don't think with these kinds of products you should have to do that.

Just one more thing when your parts came we're they pre-drilled And did they have any markings, stickers etc to show they were shine parts?

Thanks again,

PS car looks mint :thumbs:

Well after yesterday's skirt debarkle I decided I should wash the car today and get something productive out of the weekend:

8ea7a0e2.jpg

969ad98c.jpg

9e1cd187.jpg

However unfortunately where the car got egged last week the paint is badly scratched :( with a circular scratch peppered with smaller circular scratches I assume from where the egg shell dug into the paint as it shattered.