Looking for 1 day insurance...

The G Man

...for my 20 year old daughter! She passed her test last February, and is currently insured on my wife's Leon FR. Looking for one day insurance as a treat for, either on or about her 21st or sooner.

Any pointers would be appreciated to insurance coverage thanks :thumbs:

George I got insurance for a weekend on my old boys cayenne with Admiral... who you insured with?

E Sure, Jay, I've heard before about one day insurance but can't remember who it was with, one of our policy's is an Admiral multi car policy, so it's an option :thumbs:

She is a lucky girl getting a shot of your zed :)

Not as lucky as her older sister, she got half the price of a 370 spent on her house :surrender: So I'm getting off lightly :thumbs:

Louise also got a shot in my old RX8, Heather is overdue a day in the 370, oh the joys of fatherhood :doh:

On a serious note, I'll be with her all day, so crap tuition thrown in :teeth:

Neil, I'll give E sure a go as well, might even let you do the tuition ;)

Type 'Tempory car cover' into google and sites like https://www.tempcover.com etc come up which are good for 1 day, although my own insurers (elephant) will do 1 weeks cover usually for around the same amount so could try your own? I tend to feel more confident in my own insurers to cover any issues should anything happen too.

When I looked for temp insurance most of the places were restrictive as to what insurance group the car was and didn't allow any mods.

If you're own insurance company can add her on all those are already taken care of, so that sounds like the best solution.

Most insurance companies will allow an extra driver to be insured for a max of 30 days per year on a policy. The more days insured for, the cheaper it works out (yiou pay the admin fee each time).

I used to insure Rich for the week we went to Le Mans each year. It worked out at £60 for the week.

They'll likely charge you that for the single day for a young girl, but hey, it's her birthday!