I love my shed so much!!!!

Ricey

Driving the Fiesta for the first time in the last few days following 2 years of it being laid up and I just can't believe how much I love it!

Failed its MOT for corrosion around the seatbelt anchor points and rear brakes recording 'little or no effort' :scare:

£220 - bit of welding and new cylinders and shoes on the back and she's a right little beauty. Y plate 5 door 1.25 Zetec with 72k on the clock. I love the fact that when it was like an ice cube this morning it started first time and defrosted in 2 mins with the front and rear heated widows (which neither of our Zed's have got!).

Its everything a shed should be - unattractive, not fast, economical, a bit rusty but a little fighter who is a pleasure to drive!

Advisory items on the MOT:

Offiside front brake pipe slightly corroded

Nearside front brake pipe slightly corroded

Nearside inner sill structure has slight corrosion.

Offside inner sill structure has slight corrosion.

Front exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated

Nearside front brake hose slightly deteriorated

Offside front brake hose slightly deteriorated

Nearside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated

Offside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated

Nearside front coil spring corroded

Offside front coil spring corroded

Offside front suspension arm bush deterioated

Nearside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated

offside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated

Both rear tyres perished.

And just because of that list..........I love it even more :cloud9:

Piccies to follow next week after a good bit of loving with the Megs G220.

Driving the Fiesta for the first time in the last few days following 2 years of it being laid up and I just can't believe how much I love it!

Failed its MOT for corrosion around the seatbelt anchor points and rear brakes recording 'little or no effort' :scare:

£220 - bit of welding and new cylinders and shoes on the back and she's a right little beauty. Y plate 5 door 1.25 Zetec with 72k on the clock. I love the fact that when it was like an ice cube this morning it started first time and defrosted in 2 mins with the front and rear heated widows (which neither of our Zed's have got!).

Its everything a shed should be - unattractive, not fast, economical, a bit rusty but a little fighter who is a pleasure to drive!

Advisory items on the MOT:

Offiside front brake pipe slightly corroded

Nearside front brake pipe slightly corroded

Nearside inner sill structure has slight corrosion.

Offside inner sill structure has slight corrosion.

Front exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated

Nearside front brake hose slightly deteriorated

Offside front brake hose slightly deteriorated

Nearside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated

Offside rear brake hose slightly deteriorated

Nearside front coil spring corroded

Offside front coil spring corroded

Offside front suspension arm bush deterioated

Nearside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated

offside rear trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated

Both rear tyres perished.

And just because of that list..........I love it even more :cloud9:

Piccies to follow next week after a good bit of loving with the Megs G220.

And some Rust remover :teeth:

Re the M.O.T, I notice they put ALL the info on one sheet ( new certificate ) now including what it failed on AND the advisories. I commented to the M.O.T guy that this was a good idea and he replied " not if you're a car dealer " They can't say " oh yeh it sailed through the test" :lol:

The 1.25 Zetec is an absolute cracker of an engine. :thumbs:

Yep they arnt bad. My ex missus had one for a while, a 51 plater. She paid £3500 for it, then the gearbox went which cost £1500. I sold it 1 year later for 1200quid and struggled to sell it at that.

Re the M.O.T, I notice they put ALL the info on one sheet ( new certificate ) now including what it failed on AND the advisories. I commented to the M.O.T guy that this was a good idea and he replied " not if you're a car dealer " They can't say " oh yeh it sailed through the test" :lol:

Ah the new MOT... ive not got one of them yet. Not sure it will make too much difference, as previously it would say on the MOT certificate "Advisory given YES / NO". Most garages to seem to "loose" the advisory sheet tho, but if you key in the details on DVLA`s website it would give you details of all the previous MOT`s and what those advisories were for.

My shed's a 5 door Fiesta 1.25! '97 with 63k on the clock, just had MOT 2 weeks ago during which 2 of the brake pipes burst! Quick replacement and a new(er) backbox and she was good to go for another year, well until Feb/March when I'll finally be selling.

My shed's a 5 door Fiesta 1.25! '97 with 63k on the clock, just had MOT 2 weeks ago during which 2 of the brake pipes burst! Quick replacement and a new(er) backbox and she was good to go for another year, well until Feb/March when I'll finally be selling.

We need a meet and a drive out! :drive1:lol:

I'm ashamed to admit I quite enjoy driving Beths 3 cylinder corsa, its slow, not attractive but has a certain charm to it..... its effortless somehow :)

I think thats what it is - it just so easy. Gears are smooth and easy, handels smooth and easy, steering is smooth and easy, you don't have to get the clutch control just right to pull away like you do in more powerful cars.

Love my shed too, great little car, never lets me down and drives perfectly even if it is a Rover :blush: £500 a year and a half ago to buy and sailed through the last two mot's B) You cant even buy a second hand Nismo zorst for that!! :wacko:

DSC_0060-2.jpg

Bit mean to call the Giulietta a shed, but she is our run around car, and a great one at that :blush:

Sorry that doesn't qualify, so you don't need to be mean to it, and call it a shed. :p:lol: She's a daily driver. ;)

OK :thumbs:

She did have some rust btw - on the discs after I'd washed her :blush::lol: