Open plenum surgery

coldel

id have plasters at the ready, and a spare set of hands. Doing it yourself is a bit of a pain in the balls for the first time. End up holding bits up with your head so you can detach pipes etc. Then the old dreaded cuts from cut cable ties in the engine bay.... ouchhhh :lol::snack:

Back...yep motordyne, so great instructions and everything you need...

...ended up with some boxes/cd cases holding the plenum up for me(!) but didnt need to detach any rubber pipes in the end either which made it easier. Slide the spacer in, tighten down bolts in order etc being really careful not to overtighten...started the car and it made the most awful squealing noise! Went back and tightened all the bolts a bit more, started up the car to that lovely low level grumble I know and love :yahoo: Car idled at about 2k revs for a bit then seemed to very quickly sort itself out and sat down at 800. Took it for a spin up the road, certainly feels more responsive although no power increase that I can tell but know that is to come on Thurs :D

Well worth saving yourself £100 at the garage and doing yourself - very satisfying to do it when you are a mechanical incompetent!