Where's my old car

ATTAK Z

I often wonder where my old cars & motorbikes are. The other day I went onto the DVLA website and keyed in all the reg numbers to see if they were still on the road. Amazingly only 1 of my previous cars was still on the road and none of my motorbikes. It also told me that my Ducati 748SPS I had back in 2000 had been exported.

where do you find that data ?

My very first brand new car after I got married - an N reg - looking to see if i can purchase the plate, but don't know if its still being used[/

If you type your old reg into the selling a car section on autotrader it fills in some of the data for you, this includes make, model and year. ;)

where do you find that data ?

My very first brand new car after I got married - an N reg - looking to see if i can purchase the plate, but don't know if its still being used

You can get some data from the DVLA website

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... ution=e1s1

Thats the one. Click on the "vehicle enquiry" button on the left. You just key in the reg number and make of car i.e. Nissan, and it will tell you the make / model and when it was last taxed. Ideal to see if its still actually on the road.

Im not sure how you can go about buying previously issued but no longer in use number plates. I guess if the car has been registered as scrapped, then DVLA will flag that plate is no longer in use, but whether or not they ever re-issue them im not sure. Normally if you have a plate on an old no longer in use car which you want to get, you have to MOT it, then you can transfer the plate onto a retention certificate.

Where does it say when it was last taxed?

Date of Liability 19 11 2004

Date of First Registration 06 05 1993

Year of Manufacture 1993

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1794cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

?

Where does it say when it was last taxed?

Date of Liability 19 11 2004

Date of First Registration 06 05 1993

Year of Manufacture 1993

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1794cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

?

Okay,

Date of Liability is the date the last tax disc ran out. And Vehicle Status is whether or not its currently taxed.

So in this case, its not been taxed since 19/11/2004. Its not been exported, so its either been sitting in someones garage since then, maybe put on the race track, or it could have been written off.

My old Zed :scare:

Vehicle details could not be found

As it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled.

And my old Leon FR has just been taxed so someone is keeping her on the road

As it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled.

Which I think means its been scrapped and DVLA have been notified. I just ran the details through of a car I scrapped and got the same message.

Which I think means its been scrapped and DVLA have been notified. I just ran the details through of a car I scrapped and got the same message.

My poor baby :byebye:

My poor baby :byebye:

Sad indeed. :( But, think of it as it was an organ donor and its helped loads of poorly zeds remain on the road rather than going to the big scrap yard in the sky. :thumbs:

Haha true. Not sure anyone would want the parts from a 100k mile old 53 plate Zed though :lol:

I should have kept it as a track car than let it go to some numpty who may now have written it off.

You could have sold it to R800NER for 5 grand!

Thats less than I traded it in for and I was robbed with my PX :surrender:

Could it be that its had a private plate put on it?

If it has then the original plate will be unassigned to a vehicle at the moment?

Could it be that its had a private plate put on it?

If it has then the original plate will be unassigned to a vehicle at the moment?

Aha, you are correct. I just tried my original reg number and get the same message, so Chris`s zed may not be scrapped after all, and may still be out there but with a private plate on it.

If you have a private plate on your car, the original one whilst not assigned to a car is still linked to your car, as when you transfer the private plate off the car, DVLA give you the original plate back - or at least they have done whenever ive changed plates.

If you have a private plate on your car, the original one whilst not assigned to a car is still linked to your car, as when you transfer the private plate off the car, DVLA give you the original plate back - or at least they have done whenever ive changed plates.

Yes they do :thumbs: