site suggestion - Motorsport sub forum?

Hi there, had a look around and i cant see what i was looking for, so thought i might suggest it here...

I know a few members either take their cars on track or drift days, and wondered if there could be a subforum dedicated to track life... basically somewhere specific to list what trackdays people are up to, discuss camber settings, traders can offer track specific parts such as brakes, tyres and cooling, and also a good place to post track videos or drift videos, specific track car of drift car builts, that kind of thing.

Just wondering if it might be nice to have all this stuff in one place, so anyone looking to track or drift their zed can have all the info and discussions in the one place?

Just a thought! :)

Hmm, I'm not personally convinced that we have enough hard tracking members to make it worthwhile having a separate section. Most of the above points are aready covered in their respective sections (mods, media, traders forums).

Maybe if the car was more sports orientated in the first place like an Elise or Porsche we would have a higher proportion of track-goers.

Hmm, I'm not personally convinced that we have enough hard tracking members to make it worthwhile having a separate section. Most of the above points are aready covered in their respective sections (mods, media, traders forums).

Maybe if the car was more sports orientated in the first place like an Elise or Porsche we would have a higher proportion of track-goers.

I'm not so sure - we are seeing a lot more focused drift/trackday/track members now aside from those of us who follow other motorsport (yes, for me from the armchair mainly nowadays :surrender: ). Can include the FI thread interest that has a lot of regular followers on here.

So I think, like the build projects sub-forum recently created that has taken off, it is a good idea :thumbs:

I think for the moment until we see more posts about the subject they can be posted in the modifications subforum. If it does get more popular then yes, we should set up a subforum

I would say you have sufficient evidence of the need for a sub forum already

'Trackdays' is pretty active - at least it is during the season :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

As are the discussions about F1 and BTCC

Every other month someone posts looking for advice on their first track day - could do with an FAQ.

It is an excellenct idea - and of course there is the logic that if the sub forum were there folks may be more inclined to use it ;)

If we had a Motorsport sub-forum then it would also be easier to find and locate specific track photos, info and mods etc and info about the more track orientated modifications

i.e.

Subforum = 'Motorsport' - with thread areas on 'Trackdays' ; Trackday FAQs; Local track info; 'Events'; Photos; 'Mods for track use'

:drive1:teeth:

• 10 months later...

Am wondering if given the numerous motorsport based threads we might reconsider this again? :)

I support that and with more owners now finding the 350's affordable for off-road events we could expect increased membership.

In fact I believe we currently have more members taking an active interest in off-road driving events than attending shows - might be time for a poll Vik ;)

No need, it's not like we're inundated with motorsport threads as it is and the last thing this forum needs is yet another sub-forum, it's hard enough to navigate at times as it is.

Boring!

Who's suppressing it? Posts can still be made in Other Cars or in Off Topic, which both fit the subject nicely. We have a section for trackdays already.

But track days are just one of a range of Motorsport activities of interest to an increasing number of members on the forum and if a sub-section for things like jokes is justified, it does seem illogical not to do the same for something many on here who either follow motorsport/off road acitvities and/or partake in them?

Yes but green have a louder voice than the rest of us ;)

The request has been made before but was declined on the perception of little interest to justify a subsection - but from threads/posts in the last year it is clear that motorsport interest (I think that include the water type Chris) is very much on the up within the forum. :)