The Stillen has landed....

sipar69

Finally had it fitted on Saturday. I know there are people on here who are trying to decide whether to mod their exhausts which one to go for etc so I just thought I'd give some brief first impressions.

Ordering / delivery

Thanks to Tarmac for a first class service - ordered and delivered by DHL Express direct from Stillen within exactly one week. Can't really ask for better than that. So my advice if you are considering a supplier: :pmtarmac:

Fitting

I contacted TGM Sports Racing in Fleet http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/ on the recommendation of Colin (Ebized) and took the exhaust to them in the back of the car (it fits in the boot in pieces but you have to be careful not to scratch the interior with all those sharp edges - wrap in towels was my solution). The fitting took just over an hour and was very reasonable. I was impressed by how much effort they put into making sure the exhaust was perfectly aligned so that the tips sat exactly as they should (they were offset slightly to the left to begin with).

Sound

I love it! I was worried about getting something that was going to be too loud or in your face but the Stillen just adds that throaty growl without being over the top. It sounds great on start-up and when accelerating but it does not make an intrusive noise when just driving along under normal conditions. It's pretty much everything I was after in this department.

Looks

Pics below. I prefer the look to the stock exhaust - it's a bit more aggressive looking to me but the tips don't protrude too far. Judge for yourself

Car1.jpg

Car2.jpg

On the whole I couldn't be happier with the decision to do this mod. It felt like a big deal for me because I'm not very knowledable about the technical side of things and I am not the sort of person who wants to make a big statement with my car, but as soon it was on and running I was glad I'd done it! Hope this helps anyone still undecided about whether to go for an exhaust mod. :thumbs:

:welcome: to the club :cloud9:

With people like Tarmac and Tom@TGM, you have been spoilt with service, they are both very good at what they do :#1:

You need some UpRev action now to unleash the beast - or some Stillen Gen3 intakes which have a similar effect to correct the AFR B)

:welcome: to the club :cloud9:

With people like Tarmac and Tom@TGM, you have been spoilt with service, they are both very good at what they do :#1:

You need some UpRev action now to unleash the beast - or some Stillen Gen3 intakes which have a similar effect to correct the AFR B)

Thanks :thumbs: I will think about that once my bank balance has recovered! :wacko:

I think we must be Brothers or something - you're words perfectly sum up by anxiety before taking the plunge and happiness once I'd done it :thumbs: .

My tips aren't that shiny anymore :cry: .

Your 'new' car looks the nutz - I love the anniversary edition.

Cheers Rog :thumbs:

Your post a while back helped me to make the decision to go ahead with it. Very glad I did! :cloud9:

It's the first thing anyone with a 370 MUST do, mod the Zorst B)

Corrected that for you ;)

To me its not even a choice, you have to get it done to give the car the voice it deserves. I know a lot of people think it will make it chavvy and loud, but stock its just so quiet. It just makes it a nice level, quiet when cruising and around town at low revs and a nice bit of bark when giving it beans :cloud9:

To me its not even a choice, you have to get it done to give the car the voice it deserves. I know a lot of people think it will make it chavvy and loud, but stock its just so quiet. It just makes it a nice level, quiet when cruising and around town at low revs and a nice bit of bark when giving it beans :cloud9:

Couldn't agree more :thumbs: . My other half was dead against it because she was worried that it would sound chavvy and booming and to be honest I was worried about it a bit as well (I don't think some of the vids on You Tube help) She's back from a work trip to New York tomorrow - looking forward to showing her how far from chavvy and booming the sound is. I wonder if they will make the next Z sound better and save us all the expense! :wacko:

My other half was dead against it because she was worried that it would sound chavvy and booming and to be honest I was worried about it a bit as well (I don't think some of the vids on You Tube help) She's back from a work trip to New York tomorrow - looking forward to showing her how far from chavvy and booming the sound is.

My missus asked what exhaust I was going to put on mine as soon as she heard a stock 370z in the flesh - said it sounded crap compared to our 350z w/ Nismo :lol::#1:

Thanks Chris :thumbs:

The only criticism, and this is just purely a personal choice, is the tips, too shiney for me, but hey, it's all about the sound, now the second thing that is a MUST, HFC's ;)

The only criticism, and this is just purely a personal choice, is the tips, too shiney for me, but hey, it's all about the sound, now the second thing that is a MUST, HFC's ;)

I love the shiney tips :lol: How much difference to sound and performance do the HFCs make?

I love the shiney tips :lol: How much difference to sound and performance do the HFCs make?

You are on the rocky road now :lol:

You would get more of both, but would need an uprev to maximise the performance - by how much on a 370 I can't answer. :shrug:

You would get more of both, but would need an uprev to maximise the performance - by how much on a 370 I can't answer. :shrug:

About 5-10HP I'd say. Exhaust is the main one that nets you the most power, decats and intakes will then get you limited returns. UpRev is a must with any breathing mods though to get the best from them, although Stillen exhaust and Gen3 intakes get you a supprisingly good AFR without as I found at Abbey. UpRev made the curve smoother though and gained me some bottom end torque.

You are on the rocky road now :lol:

Rocky and expensive! :lol: