Waltzinblack at the Zedshed

Keyser

waltzinblack put down his airsoft weapons and dropped in at the Zedshed again today along with some new goody's for his Zed.

Nice new shiny DBA disks all round matched with DS2500 pads and a set of Hel braided lines to finish it all. :thumbs:

We wasted no time in sitting down drinking some coffee and having a good old chat about cars in general - then we thought we should push mine out and roll his in - Bob showed up late as he was hung over!! :lol:

Got her airborne and then an hour trying to get the calliper off the first wheel!

WBBrakes1.jpg

WiB then cleaned up the hubs

WBBrakes2.jpg

WBBrakes3.jpg

Test fit the new disks -

WBBrakes4.jpg

A quick????? clean of the Brembo's

WBBrakes5.jpg

All done -

WBBrakes6.jpg

WBBrakes7.jpg

WBBrakes8.jpg

Quick test drive and the usual bed in procedure seems to be working well.

Hope you got home safely mate - how are the new brakes?

:scare: IS THAT ALL YOU DID!

:lol:

What did you clean the calipers with?

Do you have 4 jacks? :lol:

(I see no jack stands... :dry: )

Looks good, was there braided lines installed too? (saw some in the photos) looks to be a good fit either way!

Well done, hope he bedded in them :evil:

New brakes are good, although the M3/25 didn't give me much of a chance to use them, and I won't be driving the car much until I can arrange to get new tyres fitted and aligned!

But yeah, the pedal is MUCH more progressive, before it was a little bit, little bit, little bit, and then suddenly a lot more bite, now they slow down much more predictably, and a lot more quickly. Pedal doesn't have a massive bite, but as you said that would probably happen once they are warmed up a bit. Glad you approved of the stopping power when you drove it! Will have to see if they improve any more over the next couple of hundred miles.

Drive home was a massive pain. Poured down the whole way, and fog, and lots of bunched traffic only moving at 50-60, didn't quite get the run that I did this morning! Still, the brakes LOOK awesome (especially those lovely clean calipers!)

Many thanks to Keyser for using his tools, expertise and the Zed shed (and for the brake lines!), thanks to Buster for his help and sorting out the wonky bonnet, and thanks to Zmanalex and Jez at Horsham Dev. for the parts!

She's sure gonna stop now, just need to get those ARBs fitted so she goes round corners :lol::drive1

Cool good to see your happy mate :)

Anders the Hel lines fit well we reused one OEM holder and the 2 (1 each side) new ones that came with the kit on the front- tidy install the rears are just a straight swap.

We did the run in as per the guide on here on a quite "A" road I know (could heve been quiter though lol)

Yes 4 jacks in the Zedshed now mate - no one went underneath so no axel stands used.

2 pairs of saftey glasses in the tool box - me and Buster wear them regularly ;) along with gloves and ear defenders - what guests do is up to them :thumbs:

However you have a Very young guy in a 300HP car changing his entire break system guided by a network engineer and assisted by a hungover Buster with 100 mile plus journey home in the pouring rain and your worried about saftey glasses????!!!!! ;):lol::lol:

Whats the burgundy (or is it brown) car in the background?

That is a 1978 Datsun 260Z ;):thumbs:

and had I noticed page 2 I would have seen bronzee had already answered that question.