Request for the 'eBay Magpie'

Wasso

Col, need you to find me some low level car ramps. Don't want to pay no more than £50

You've seen my car and how low the front lip is, and I am unable to mount the ramps at a normal garage. So can you source me a home solution for me to lift the car easily and without scraping the underneath :thumbs:

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sports-car-lo ... 1c03a75335

Or if you already have standard ramps, this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-RAMP-EXTE ... 43a5440d63

Depends how low it is really. :shrug: Can't see it getting under £50 for full set though.

The first one is spot on, and I noticed those too, but the price is a little high.

The second one I spotted those, although once past the extension I wouldn't be able to mount the second part of the ramp. Pic of how low.

IMG_4644.jpg

Im wondering if there is some convoluted way of doing it, like sticking two bits of wood behind the front wheels (you seem to have more clearance there), reverse onto them, gives you a bit more clearance, stick some bigger bits of wood behind that and back it up again and stick a low level jack under it?

Cheers Rich, but I don't think the highest level will give me sufficient room in which to undertake tasks under the engine bay. Thanks for the offer though.... :thumbs:

no the idea is you drive on to them to give you the height needed to get a jack under the car. ;)

Cheers Rich, but I don't think the highest level will give me sufficient room in which to undertake tasks under the engine bay. Thanks for the offer though.... :thumbs:

no the idea is you drive on to them to give you the height needed to get a jack under the car. ;)

I'm looking for something similar, so will have to ask what maybe a silly question. The jacking points are behind the front wheels i beleive so if you drive onto these how would you get the jack under those points? as i said maybe be silly question but.....

Why do you need ramps? I just use a jack under the side of the car - if its too low, then i lift the car up whilst the missus sticks the jack under.

Another trick ive used is the ramps the council helpfully leave around - otherwise known as kerbs & driveways. Sometimes you can just drive the car up a kerb and use that as a ramp.

It might get laughed at but here goes. Get two bits of scaffold board on the floor in front of the car. Drive onto them. Bingo another 1 1/2 inches of clearance under the sides

common method, used by many on here. ;) seen it done at shows to get over low curbs

i use them so that i can work on the car in the garage.

Trolley jack & axle stands is what ive always used. Ive some ramps (not suitable for the zed), but ive never used them on any of my cars. Its more hassle than its worth trying to drive on them. Id rather just jack the car up, stick stands under it and know its nice & safe.

i use them so that i can work on the car in the garage.

Trolley jack & axle stands is what ive always used. Ive some ramps (not suitable for the zed), but ive never used them on any of my cars. Its more hassle than its worth trying to drive on them. Id rather just jack the car up, stick stands under it and know its nice & safe.

thats what i use as well, the little ramps are just to get the height of the car up enough to get the trollewy jack under.

once under i jack up, remove ramps and replace with axle stands. the ramps are only 3 inches high and aren't certified for working under a car with.

i have to scissor jack it up and then trolley jack bit long winded and yes annoying but beats doing make shift ramp which knowing me would collapse when i drive on it plus cant hurt having two jacks and axle stands supporting one end!! least your safeguarded then,

i would never even attempt going up one of those halford jobby ramps :scare:

what about these??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kwiklift-car- ... 27bf6f300f

or this :lol::lol::lol: if you got big garden maybe??over budget but a bargain

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-POSTER-CAR- ... 2568cafbf6