My old car :-(

:byebye:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Best car ever owned. I miss her but after over 3 years it was time to let go... Plus when you change it back to standard it doesn't actually seem like your car anymore tbh.

Anyway, I've got a long winter of tootling about in my Rav4 and then it will be time for a new Tarmac Sportz car.

£6k!?! now that is mighty tempting for a car with only 58000 on the clocks! GLWTS!

??? :lol:

They clearly don't know what they are selling, 300 version on a 2003?

Nope

IN GREAT CONDITION THIS REALLY IS A STUNNING CAR.

A GENUINELY GOOD EXAMPLE OF THIS LOVELY LOOKING SPORTS CAR! erm not totally true

fulll Service History erm not really

Headlight washers nope

Radio/Cassette, nope

Side airbags, nope

Radio/CD Multichanger nope

Telephone, nope

Solid Paint err nope

:doh::lol:

The zeds don't have front fogs because the Xenons/Bi-Xenons are deemed to be adequate and in extreme conditions, full beam is pretty strong. I guess the ads just refer to the rear fog.

have a look at the ad for Chris's car

it clearly states

Exterior features

Aerodynamic rear spoiler

Body colour bumpers and front grille

Body colour electric adjustable door mirrors

Chrome door handles

Electric front windows + drivers one touch

Front fog lamps

Rear wash/wipe

Twin exhaust pipes

Variable intermittent front wash/wipe

Xenon headlights + auto levelling and washers

Solid paint

18" 6 spoke alloy wheels

Space saver spare wheel

The zeds don't have front fogs because the Xenons/Bi-Xenons are deemed to be adequate and in extreme conditions, full beam is pretty strong. I guess the ads just refer to the rear fog.

My understanding is that fog lights have nothing to do with how powerful your main lights are. Go out in the fog and put your main beam on, you wont be able to see fark all except white! Fog lights are placed low to the floor where they can penetrate the fog on a different pane to your nomal lights so you dont get as much back scatter from them and thus can see better. They are meant for when visibility is really bad so you dont need to see far in front, just what is directly in front of you.

From Wikipedia:

Front fog lamps provide a wide, bar-shaped beam of light with a sharp cutoff at the top, and are generally aimed and mounted low.[10][11][12] They may be either white or selective yellow. They are intended for use at low speed to increase the illumination directed towards the road surface and verges in conditions of poor visibility due to rain, fog, dust or snow. As such, they are often most effectively used in place of dipped-beam headlamps, reducing the glareback from fog or falling snow, although the legality varies by jurisdiction of using front fog lamps without low beam headlamps.

Use of the front fog lamps when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited (for example in the United Kingdom), as they can cause increased glare to other drivers, particularly in wet pavement conditions, as well as harming the driver's own vision due to excessive foreground illumination.[13]

The respective purposes of front fog lamps and driving lamps are often confused, due in part to the misconception that fog lamps are necessarily selective yellow, while any auxiliary lamp that makes white light is a driving lamp. Automakers and aftermarket parts and accessories suppliers frequently refer interchangeably to "fog lamps" and "driving lamps" (or "fog/driving lamps"). In most countries, weather conditions rarely necessitate the use of fog lamps, and there is no legal requirement for them, so their primary purpose is frequently cosmetic. They are often available as optional extras or only on higher trim levels of many cars. Studies have shown that in North America more people inappropriately use their fog lamps in dry weather than use them properly in poor weather.[14]

thought about that as it has both mats but left it for him. It is part of the GT pack and not an option, I sold the car as a GT pack so it would have been poorly represented if i took it out. I left a few bits on it like the teins and the SS gear knob too.

I've never seen it listed as part of the GT pack, and the 3 GTs I looked at didnt have them. Only like 50 quid at the end of the day though :shrug:

yeah considering I had already accepted I was losing 6.5K in 2 and a half years in depreciation I didn't even care anymore.

i may have a spare small boot/window divider to sell though :ninja: ...

yeah considering I had already accepted I was losing 6.5K in 2 and a half years in depreciation I didn't even care anymore.

my god, i *really* hope i dont loose that sort of loot on my zed. :(

i lost 2k in 18 months on mine when i sold it. and that was just on the cars value, not including any mods that had to be left on the car.

although that was when the car was worth more.

the depreciation will slow down, as the cars get older.

have to say the s2000 depreciated at about the same rate.

its a performance car; they depeciate, its a fact of life.