Quick tyre help needed please.....

manphibian

Hi Chaps, have been offered a pair of Dunlop winter tyres to go on my Rays (rears) but the size is 245/40/18, not 45's...

These should be ok right?

Need to let the guy know before someone else gets them :)

Apologies for not using the tyre section, but needed quick answer, :blush: cheers..

Probably be fine.

Would they not send the TC in to a spaz?...... especially being winter when your more likely to have slippage :shrug:

Could you not sense the sarcasm in Dan's response?

I think he is getting sick of repeating hisself when it comes to information that is readily available using the search button.

Probably be fine.

Would they not send the TC in to a spaz?...... especially being winter when your more likely to have slippage :shrug:

I think he is getting sick of repeating hisself when it comes to information that is readily available using the search button.

+1

Probably be fine.

LOL..... nope, no senses at all today..... its been a long one and I might have had a tad too much Champoo this afternoon :drunk: ........ :lol:

Probably be fine.

It is not easy to search for things like tyre sizes. Try typing 245/40/18 in and see what you get. :dry:

Probably be fine.

It is not easy to search for things like tyre sizes. Try typing 245/40/18 in and see what you get. :dry:

What I am trying to get at is that tyre size vs TCS had been covered MANY times.

And if you read through the Tyres sub forum or used the advanced search function you would have known the answer.

I'm not meaning to come across as rude or arsey, but sometimes repeating myself becomes....well.....repetative.

Probably be fine.

TCS doesn't really care as long as you drive to your own and your cars limits. If you push past that then you're not driving correctly, so for the purposes of using winter tyres for more grip in the snow then you really shouldn't be pushing any way.

For once I wasn't even being sarcastic! :lol: Truth be told though if people want to start mucking around with the only things keeping them on the road, and especially in the winter, then they probably will anyway. Personally I don't feel it's worth saving £50 and risking the car, but to others they're happy with that risk. Each to their own, and I genuinely mean that. I've said in the past njthat I'll only give general advice on tyres now anyway, after the abuse I've had in the past.

So, in all seriousness, they probably will be okay as long as you don't drive like a tit. :thumbs:

Probably be fine.

TCS doesn't really care as long as you drive to your own and your cars limits. If you push past that then you're not driving correctly, so for the purposes of using winter tyres for more grip in the snow then you really shouldn't be pushing any way.

For once I wasn't even being sarcastic! :lol: Truth be told though if people want to start mucking around with the only things keeping them on the road, and especially in the winter, then they probably will anyway. Personally I don't feel it's worth saving £50 and risking the car, but to others they're happy with that risk. Each to their own, and I genuinely mean that. I've said in the past njthat I'll only give general advice on tyres now anyway, after the abuse I've had in the past.

So, in all seriousness, they probably will be okay as long as you don't drive like a tit. :thumbs:

TCS is probs best being off on the snow anyways

Probably be fine.

The one place I would agree with you is dont mix summer and winter tyres