leaving my job!

varley16

wooooooohooooooooooooo, ive left my current employer, it got worst, treated badly and i started to react to the way i was treated. i was told by a few that i got on with when i first started that if they want me out they will make it hard for me, and thats what they did. very badly treated and unfortunatly its a company that this website deals with for discounts i think.

It got to the point where i was being accused of things, and i started to react in ways i normally wouldnt, its a shame that people feel the need to treat others like this to make them feel better/ more important/ more safe in there job.

I was very clearly being singled out, luckily i did get on with a few people which did make life slightly easier, and luckily i got on with an accountent who over heard a conversation that i was being called into the office on thursday morning, also lucky for me i had been in talks with my old boss back at Ford about going back there, the only reason i was stalling is because i need to settle down in a job so i can work hard, and work my way through the ranks, i would of gone back sooner, but the situation i was in i really didnt believe that i was being forced out, i knew deep down i was, i just didnt think it would happen to me.

I even had a tech mention to me that they had noticed i was being singled out, or i was being bollocked for things they normally wouldnt bother about. so a very bad experience, but at the same time i find myself very lucky, for the people i did get on with me warning me about events that were going to happen, for the people that actually made the effort with me and not act like a sheep and follow the others, and also thankful for getting my old job back with people that actually put in more than enough effort to get along, respect and have a laugh.

the one thing ive learnt is that it aint always greener on the other side.

Not being a sheep is hard actuallyso the fact that some of the staff at that place actually went against this sheep mentality and shouldered up with you shows you had a really positive influence on them - that isn't an easy thing to achieve. Also as Nixy rightly pointed out the fact that your old company snapped you back up is testiment to your capabilities.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener, but, sometimes it is :) you just have to go have a look and if you don't like it have the 'umph to sort it out which you have been doing. Good luck with future work mate, am sure you will get where you want to be :thumbs:

Its a shame when this sort of thing happens. It happened to me in my last job. My boss loved me, then suddenly over night he changed and started giving me more and more work until I was snowed under. He then told me he was going to sack me and there was nothing I could do. HR obviously wasnt happy he came out and told me that as companies have to go through a correct process - which they then immediately started. i.e. "we are doing a restructure and you may be made redundant, we are reviewing options and will make a decision in a few weeks time"... It was all so false as I already knew what the decision was!!!

Your right, the grass isnt always greener, but sometimes it is. Companies in general dont like promoting people if they are good at their jobs as they know they may not get anyone else in as good as you! So, sometimes the only way to move up in the world is to change companies unfortunately.

Luckily you have got your old job back which is great news! :)

I didn’t even need to see the word Ford before I recognised your career in the motor trade :lol::lol:

The industry is full of bell ends that think being productive is shouting the loudest. In the last 20 years, the one thing I have learnt is, you work for yourself, regardless of who pays your wages, if you catch my drift ;)

The only good news is, if you are any good, you will always have a job :thumbs:

I feel for you mate.

My current boss is a right git, and is always bullying me.... :boat:

On a serious note, crap like that in the work place can make life hell. Glad your old place took you back, and you didnt join the ranks of the unemplyed masses :thumbs:

apart from the treatment, there was more, i got bollocking for having a tea break later than usuall, although i think it was a misunderstanding and he thought i had been up there for longer than i should, and the thing that annoyed me more about that, is the person who moaned about me, walks out the door roughly 5 mins before we should finish.

i often caught the manager walking through the workshop with a lit up fag..... then fag breaks far to often.

to be honest i could go on forever about issues in the workplace, but im now not unemployed, im going back to a place where im respected, and also in a weird way im glad i did work in hell for the last 3 months because its made me realize that where im going to now wasnt that bad, if i didnt leave Ford i think ill still be there getting annoyed.

:boxing:

I actually suggested that in one my old jobs. They should introduce compulsary boxing matches between sections. The rage I had in that job, I would have battered the hell out of half the people there.

I think thats the reason they seperated the business analysts from the developers and testers here at work. BA's were constantly taking a battering :boxing::lol:

:boxing:

I actually suggested that in one my old jobs. They should introduce compulsary boxing matches between sections. The rage I had in that job, I would have battered the hell out of half the people there.

I think thats the reason they seperated the business analysts from the developers and testers here at work. BA's were constantly taking a battering :boxing::lol:

Those crazy fools :lol:

499d9ddd.jpg