Normal Unleaded or Super Unleaded?

Jayp350z

Ive had my 350z for a few months now and have always run it on normal unleaded but have read on quite a few posts on here that the super unleaded makes quite a difference.

The previous owner who had it from new said he always put normal unleaded in for the 64000 miles he owned it.

Should I start putting super unleaded in it or it is a bit too late for it to make any difference now?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in unleaded once, as Ekona said in an emergency when I was v low and the super pump was out - a good way to find an answer to your question is to fill up a few times on super and see what happens...

The problem is its very hard to tell the difference going from 95RON to Super. What you can feel much more easily is going from Super to 95RON. I find that if you put crap fuel in you can tell within a few miles something isnt happy. I urge anyone on 95RON to run Super for a few tanks (say 3-4 for adjustment) then try 95RON again and you will feel the difference.

Thanks for the replies

I think I will try a few tanks and see if it makes a difference :surrender:

I used to put super in my last car so I dont mind paying the extra for it, I would just like it to feel like its making a difference in performance

Apart from price is there any difference between supermarket fuel and shell etc. Performance wise?

Thanks for the replies

I think I will try a few tanks and see if it makes a difference :surrender:

I used to put super in my last car so I dont mind paying the extra for it, I would just like it to feel like its making a difference in performance

Apart from price is there any difference between supermarket fuel and shell etc. Performance wise?

I found an article on one website where this place actually tested all the main brands of super unleaded on a dyno in a scooby and found the best was Tescos momentium and Shell super unleaded.

I always use the tescos one as its cheaper. About £1.40 atm I think.

look at it like this .... its like buying a pedigree cat and feeding it tescos own cat food!! It needs Iams.... just like the 350 needs super!!!

PS. a top tip to anyone - if you ever go to Tescos fuel/any other petrol station (only ever tried it at Tescos) and they have a "pump out of use thing on" go in side and ask how much they have left in the tank, if its over 1500 litres, they will normally let you take the cover off and use it anyway!

James

Surely just out of blind curiosity do people that fill their Z up with normal unleaded ever glance over at the Super unleaded pump and wonder what cars are meant to use it? Maybe even put 2 and 2 together and realise that maybe just maybe it's for sports cars,,, wait a minute isn't that what I've got :bangin:

Some people say that supermarkets clean there tanks out much less often but I couldn't tell you if this is true.

It's true.

Filled my bike up at Shell and could see to the bottom of the tank.

Filled up at supermarket and fuel was cloudy and could not see the bottom of the tank.

Good to know, I used to fill at shell but its a big difference in price now :thumbdown:

My closest garage is BP which I have used a fair bit but its super is 97 and its very expensive, not far from being on par with Shell - I am wondering if its worth hunting down a Shell or similar. I did google my closest Tesco as well yesterday...its about 2.5 miles away, is the supermarket fuel really that bad then?