350 to 370

wesmin

Had a 370 for a week as a courtesy car.

Positives

- the cockpit is a much nicer place to be, loved the look and feel

- loved the sat nav

- i think the side profile of the 370 is gorgeous, couldnt help looking at my reflection in shop windows

- felt alot more powerful

- love the look in white

- felt like a much more expensive, beter quality car

- loved looking out over those bonnet bulges

Criticisms

- really missed the sound, stock exhaust was way too quiet but can be easily fixed

- really didnt get on with the auto box

- tyre noise was a lot more obvious and intrusive

- i felt it tram lined more

Odd i found that towards the end the week i really missed my 350, mainly because of the manual gear box and sound. The 350 felt a more raw driving experience with less technology between you and the road. I think if the exhaust was a stillen like colins and it was a manual my feelings would be different.

Would i buy one, yes definitely its on the cards.

Do those of you who had a 350 and moved up to a 370 do you think you made the right decision, are the 370s a better car?

100% the right decision. End of :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs: - with a decent exhaust on it though so its sounds like a sports car ;)

Dont forget UpRev to maximise your gains :drive1

I think you really have to drive both back to back over a few weeks to decide as they are totally different cars in my opinion.

Most people on here who have gone from the 350 to the 370 love the 370 and dont regret it one bit.

My experience of the 370 has been limited - I had a brand new 2011 one for a few days as a courtesy car.

The one I had was the 7 speed tiptronic auto and was a roadster so I could compare it to my own roadster.

The bits I loved on the 370 were the little things inside the car - like having a drinks holder in the centre tunnel, having auto up / down on the passenger side window, having the roof being fully electric rather than having to unclip it on the 350. Having the indicator do 3 clicks when you tap it like on the VW`s, having a touch screen sat nav rather than the button one the 350 has. Having speed camera alerts on the sat nav, having the bluetooth handsfree which Nissan decided to remove from the 350 roadster. The media connectivity already wired in. I loved the alloy wheels on the car, they looked mad.

Bad points. I found the car boring to drive. It really did feel slower than my 350, it didnt give me the same buzz. The tiptronic auto took a bit of getting used to and the only time I loved it was when I was wringing the cars neck on bendy back roads. Apart from that I prefered my manual. Looks wise, the looks did not do it for me at all. The car looked too "sharp" and pointy - it looked more like the old school zed cars back in the day. Whereas the 350 looks wider and sleeker. I think infact the 370 is actually wider and shorter, so its just the styling makes it look the opposite. The ride on the 370 I had was also a lot harder than my 350.

Finally I felt that my 350`s interior looked better with all the alloy bits - it looked more sporty and aggressive. The 370 felt more like an audi in side with black dash & controls.

For me, the courtesy car I had was priced up on the forecourt for £36k (if i remember rightly) which made it £20k more than my 350z. Obviously mines 4 years old and the 370 was brand spanking new, but for me thats a lot of extra money and I dont think the plus points were worth it.

If your thinking of one, id recommend trying a few out as you may love them. They are cracking cars.

Pretty unanimous I would say. Is the 370 any dearer to insure?

Its one group higher - but with such widely varying insurance quotes, case of picking that company that suits you and for most on here with mods not being stung silly money is all important.

That's not to say I loved my previous 350's but having had two of those having had the 370 for over 18 months it is a very worthy successor IMO

I came into this the wrong way round.

Knew nothing about Zeds until I came here, then fell in love with the 370Z I have as a user

I didn’t really get to drive a 350Z for months later.

I found the two car incredibly different in every way when you get down to it, certainly not just a face lift!

Personally I find the 370Z more up to date fit and finish wise, and the materials of a better quality.

Both have their charm in a similar way to the old and new shape Audi TTs

The original TT seemed streets ahead of its time when it came out, and some of the details kept it interesting over the years i.e. the petrol flap releases and the James Bond wind deflector on the roadster. However when the new TT came out, it made the old shaper instantly old. The new one was more sanitised, and the old one had more originality, but the newer one was a better car, which you would expect from fresher technology.

Bit long winded but that my opinion and it the same as the two Zeds...

I was surprised the 370Z got quite a poor/average rating in a recent Which car magazine I have somewhere.

"Verdict 59% - The stunning 370Z is a thorough rework of the old 350Z sports car. Nissan's brawny V6 engine now produces even more thrills, but driving this car demands concentration: it's noisy, the clutch is heavy, visibility poor and handling a challenge in the wet"

I'm also a bit disappointed that the weight of the car is no different to the original and consequently is only half a sec quicker to 60. I would expect sub 5 second performance by now.