VQ35HR Engine

coope046a

Are you going to fit the HR in your early DE engined Zed? your need a few more parts than just an engine,

Motor

Gearbox

Cats

Engine wiring loom

ECU

Uprev remap to turn off the nats

And a conversion loom as the DE/REV UP car loom wont connect up to the HR engine loom

its an hr car he has but was looking for a cheap engine and thought de would be a cheaper option.

its an hr car he has but was looking for a cheap engine and thought de would be a cheaper option.

He ha asked about a HR motor in the 1st post on this thread, So I thought it ws to fit a HR in a DE car , looking at his Avatar looks like his is a DE car.

Nah he posted on another thread about it and it's an hr car he has. It's drinking oil and smoking badly

He ha asked about a HR motor in the 1st post on this thread, So I thought it ws to fit a HR in a DE car , looking at his Avatar looks like his is a DE car.

Nah he posted on another thread about it and it's an hr car he has. It's drinking oil and smoking badly

Alcoholics Annonymous and a pack of Nicotine patches then? ;)

Actually mine has started to take a little more oil than usual...nothing serious but certainly needing a bit more topping up than 8k miles ago and mine currently stands at 50k on the clock.

Cheers Neil , this is getting me worried seems all the 350Z engine are now known to drink oil , I thought it was just the REV UP motor @ 1st , then it came apparent the early DE was becoming a smoker now I hear of a HR smoking.

Is his car high mileage I wonder?

From what I hear from others, it tends to be when the engine has had some kind of oil starvation that it starts to go. Theres a few cars around on 100k+ with no problems at all. When I let my 350z (DE) go, it had 90k+ miles on and only used about 1l of oil between services, if that. I think we are now just seeing more engines that have had some kind of oil starvation problem that are now hitting the milage where it becomes really apparent that something is damaged? Its by no means a lot of Zeds that are doing this, still only a handful, and of those I guess I high percentage are Revup versions. Think this is the first I've seen of an HR having oil problems (could be wrong)

Are you going to fit the HR in your early DE engined Zed? your need a few more parts than just an engine,

Motor

Gearbox

Cats

Engine wiring loom

ECU

Uprev remap to turn off the nats

And a conversion loom as the DE/REV UP car loom wont connect up to the HR engine loom

Are we sure its a HR??

The only pic coope046a has posted of his car is the one in his avatar and I can't see the bonnet hump there.

Even if its not his car in that pic, we know its an import - coope046a's very 1st post:

hi guys iv just got a 350z and iv got two big questions. 1st is what could be the cause to my car burning oil and making a lot of smoke when i put my foot down and secound is how do i remove the 112mph limit on the top end?

Later coope046a posts up:

hi i got a HKS SLD type 3 the other day and was woundering how it connects up, if anyone can help that would be great? thanks

and having seen a wiring diagram, coope046a said:

my connections are different, i think mine is the VQ35HR not the VQ35DE. Do you have the diagram for that please?

From there coope046a appears to have assumed its an HR engine he has................

And I think we know few HR engined imports came here due to the exchange rates when that engine was first released in 2007.

So, coope046a, I think to help you properly can you confirm which engine yours looks like:

DE engine:

P1020202.jpg

HR engine:

VQ35HR_001.jpg

one fault though, the hr engine pic is from an infiniti and has no strut brace which might lead to confusion lol :lol:

I wondered who might pick up on that but there is only so much time you spend hunting down these pics :lol:

At least the negine itself is the same.

one fault though, the hr engine pic is from an infiniti and has no strut brace which might lead to confusion lol :lol:

I wondered who might pick up on that but there is only so much time you spend hunting down these pics :lol:

At least the negine itself is the same.

lol I'll bet it leads to confusion :lol:

Cheers Neil , this is getting me worried seems all the 350Z engine are now known to drink oil , I thought it was just the REV UP motor @ 1st , then it came apparent the early DE was becoming a smoker now I hear of a HR smoking.

Is his car high mileage I wonder?

At least us HR owners can rest a little easily now that coope046a has clarified his engine - sorry about that potential lost business you saw coming Mark :lol: