GUNS has new boots - and a great fitting service

Ebized

4 Ultrac Sessantas, now on in place of the RE050A's

The Stones might have had a few more miles on them but with just under 13k miles and Autumn arived, as well as me wanting to see if the tramlining and cold weather wall stiffness of the 'summer' specification Stones could be addressed, I got the 4 Sessas from mytyres for for £763.80. Good hassle-free on-line service and delivered on time :thumbs: I haven't heard of anyone else yet using the Sessas on a 370 so will give some more feed back as the miles go on.

I had looked at the Miches but first you canot get 245/40/19's in the supersports and moreover the 4 corners in the nearest spec was working out at over £1400 :scare: Yes, the (superseded?) PS'2's can apprarently be had with the correct profiles but they were not much cheaper. Mark at Abbey had suggested trying something without the longitudinal grooves to see if that helps to dial out the tramlining - and you know what in the 30 miles today there is already a big improvement :D . Grip levels are presently iffy though :lol: so looking forward to few hundred miles on them to test their limits and performance in the wet and dry. Noise levels already seem a little less - so another bonus and they come with the rim protectors (like the Stones) so initial findings are good :thumbs: I could have had a set of 452 Falkens, which I found were fine on the 350, but with Ekona's advice ringing in my ears and thinking of my budget the Sessa's appeared to fall between the two and as I have no (more) track time planned, the final decision was quite easy.

But I do want to add that I was really pleased with Rocco (350 owner) and the guys at Total Tyres of Lodge Farm, Lodge Lane, Holmwood RH5 4NY who received the tyres and fitted them - rims looked after as you would expect - thank you glrnet for the recommendation and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the Surrey area on here who values their rims. :thumbs:

It's a pleasure Colin, I'm glad it all went well, they've certainly taken good care of my rims on each occasion I've been there but hopefully you really mean you wouldn't hesitate to recommend them :lol:;)

You spotted my deliberate error :innocent::lol: Corrected :thumbs:

It's a pleasure Colin, I'm glad it all went well, they've certainly taken good care of my rims on each occasion I've been there but hopefully you really mean you wouldn't hesitate to recommend them :lol:;)

+1 to that ive used them a few times and they have really looked after the car :thumbs:

As I've said on another thread, I too was looking at these as areplacement, a lot of owners on RX8OC swapped their sh!t RE040's and 50's to the Sessanta's, the feedback was very good on them.

Looking forward to your review, so hopefully you'll have a good few hundred miles and the releasant agent scrubbed off in the not too distant future :thumbs:

The money that places are looking at for Bridgestones is ridiculous, some places are quoting £260 a corner :scare: It'll be interesting to see if the Sessantas have better wear as well, my rears are about done in after only 11k, and I'm not that hard on them :surrender:

I could have had a set of 452 Falkens, which I found were fine on the 350, but with Ekona's advice ringing in my ears and thinking of my budget the Sessa's appeared to fall between the two and as I have no (more) track time planned, the final decision was quite easy.

:cloud9::drunk:

They really are incredible tyres for the price, and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them matey. :thumbs:

The hoon finished the old ones off then did it colin ? :teeth:

It was all that power drifting that did it :lol:

Never :innocent:

My minder didn't allow such driving ................especially after I had a good telling off after the Trossachs hairpins :lol:

But then those series of bends there are just magic in the ZED :D:D

Knockhill took its toll, particularly its hairpin :drive1:blush:

But although there was some meat left on the Stones and well in excess of the legal limit, the grip I look for was beginning to go away so they had to go. :shrug:

• 1 month later...