ferrari experience days

350 Russ

I done one of these a couple of years ago, as a birthday gift. I'm sorry but i can't remember to companys name, which isn't helpful because i wouldn't recommend them! The reason being they wouldn't let you actually 'drive' the car. What i mean by that is, yes you were in control of it but they where really funny about how fast you could go and where you could break etc... I never really got to open it up or nail a good corner. The instuctor next to me kept saying change now when i had a good couple of thousand before redline, and at the end of the straights got me to brake far to early, it felt like i was poodling around every corner.

A good friend of mine had almost exactly the same experience with a different company. I'm not saying they are all the same but we were both left quite dissapionted.

Now i know they cant just let anybody loose with a supercar, but seeing as thou we both showed a resonably good level of understanding of how to drive (i'm not saying im great!! :lol: ) i thought it would be better. :shrug:

Don't mean to spoil your plans!!! just thought i'd share my experience. Hopefully someone will come along and recommend a good company for you :thumbs:

All the best, Lionel.

Don't waste your money, me and my father done the 6th gear track day and what a pile of @*!# don't get me wrong the cars were nice but u couldn't drive them properly as they wouldnt let you put your foot down or try cornering quick basically it's crap .

We booked 3cars got there at 9:40 and were finished at 10:30 as the laps went so quick , they also charge stupid money for extra laps of the cars .

There is no sense of being involve in the day also as they just treat you like cattle

In my opinion for the price you pay to do that there are way better options.

Like this http://www.tirallyschool.co.uk/ which is a family run, full day of fun which make you feel involved in and where you can hammer the cars to the inch of there life with out the bloke beside you wingin like a little girl

Depending on your budget, you could alway rent something for the day/weekend? :lol: Mileage limits can be a bit tight though. You can get a F430 for the day and 100-150 miles for £800. £1500 for a weekend.

Not cheap, but at least nobodies looking over your shoulder and split between two it looks a lot more attractive.. :shrug:

Personally I'd put a good suit on, get my Mum to ring up a Ferrari dealer as my secretary and book an appointment, then turn up and blag a car for a weekend as you want to know how it feels to use before you put down an order for a couple.

And I'm only half-joking, too...

Personally I'd put a good suit on, get my Mum to ring up a Ferrari dealer as my secretary and book an appointment, then turn up and blag a car for a weekend as you want to know how it feels to use before you put down an order for a couple.

Surely the world is to cynical for those shenanigans any more?

Surely the world is to cynical for those shenanigans any more?

I asked my dad to do this. If any 'checks' were to be carried out it'd be believable. If I did it they'd laugh in my face! :lol::lol:

I did a day with exhilarate based in the lower highlands of Scotland (Perthshire), they are done on public roads but you can gun it as much as you want as long as you aren't dangerous and you don't break the speed limits in the villages. Jayne was being encourage to overtake in a DB9 well into 3 figures as I chased in an Evora S. A co owner of the company (and the guy sitting next to Jayne) is a traffic policeman too! That day wasn't even expensive! Quite a number of my mates have done it too and all had similar experiences. They are now doing days based on track but I haven't attended one.... yet. It seems they are the exception though with regards to being able to 'drive' the car.

My mate managed this last year with a V12 Vantage.

Turned up to a few evenings put on by the dealership, wore the right clothes, conducted himself in the correct manner. His car at the time was a clapped out Calibra! :lol:

My best blag was a 987 Boxster S when they first came out back in 2005. I rocked up off the street, no appointment, in t-shirt and lairy shorts, in an horrendously loud MR2 and sporting a freshly-shaven head! :lol: How on earth they even gave me the time of day, let alone a really long test drive in the car I have no idea to this day.

Worked out nicely for them though as I came back 5 years later and bought the 911 off them, so it always pays to be nice to potential customers even if you think they might be taking the p*ss ;)

My best blag was a 987 Boxster S when they first came out back in 2005. I rocked up off the street, no appointment, in t-shirt and lairy shorts, in an horrendously loud MR2 and sporting a freshly-shaven head! :lol: How on earth they even gave me the time of day, let alone a really long test drive in the car I have no idea to this day.

Worked out nicely for them though as I came back 5 years later and bought the 911 off them, so it always pays to be nice to potential customers even if you think they might be taking the p*ss ;)

I got a Cayman. Rolled in in the Zed wearing jeans and trainers. I really don't believe in having to dress up to impress car salesman. My mate who is a serial supercar buyer probably doesn't own trousers. He looks like he's fallen off his skateboard and into a dealership yet buys and sells 80-100k cars all the time! :lol::lol:

I guess the answer is simple.

1. Rock up to a Nissan dealership in your 350z in a smart suit and blag your way through getting a GTR for an afternoon/day

2. Drive your GTR across to Porsche and say that you want something a little more refined and European and blag yourself a 911 for a day.

3. Drive your brand new 911 to the Ferrari dealership and say that you're looking for a weekday car to compliment your weekend toy and are keen on the 458...

:snack::#1:

1. Rock up to a Nissan dealership in your 350z in a smart suit and blag your way through getting a GTR for an afternoon/day

2. Drive your GTR across to Porsche and say that you want something a little more refined and European and blag yourself a 911 for a day.

3. Drive your brand new 911 to the Ferrari dealership and say that you're looking for a weekday car to compliment your weekend toy and are keen on the 458...

Nice!

Nice!

+1 :clap::lol:

my boss has just let me have his lambo and rally experience this sat. Inc a subaru lol compared to my old sprint classic its going to be sooo slow, a clio for the rally bit which imho will prob be the most fun and itll be interesting to see how much the let me rag the gallardo (probably not a lot but well see eh) bonus is as its free itll be fun whatever and hopefully as its only a morning Ill be able to get back in time to still play hockey :D .

I'll let you all know how it was etc its though these www.Driveme.net.

I did the Ferrari experience at silverstone a couple yrs ago. They encouraged flooring it and late/hard braking. When I got to the point a thought the brake pedal was gonna burst through the sole of my shoe he said "nice braking"

Granted that was a Ferrari 360 challenge, not sure what cars they have now?