Voodoo Vix's Black Magic Project

Voodoo Vix

Since buying the Zed back in April this year, I've added a few extra goodies, I've been meaning to do a thread for a while but everytime I go to start one I buy something else, so now I'm laying low on modding to save up for coilovers etc. I thought now would be the best time to start.

So when I brought her home in April she already had tinted windows, HKS induction kit and a Nismo brushed aluminium gear knob.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

Seeing as she has the Supra as her garage buddy, it was hardly going to stay like that for long so ...

Mike bought me my first mod on ebay - Richbrook Tax Disc Holder

140.jpg

As the Rays seem to be a little lost in the arches

IMAG0156.jpg

I bought 20mm hubcentric spacers from MW Tech Racing, to improve her stance ...

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

With Japfest only a week away, we tried to smarten her up a bit for her first show. The silver panel in the rear strut brace (can't find a pic) was scuffed and scratched so, out came the Ford Purple Velvet paint

IMG_1420.jpg

The silver "Z" didn't look right, so that was sprayed black

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

In June I had a BIG birthday so Mike treated me to some carbon goodies that I wanted smile.gif

Engine Cover and Cooling Plate

IMG_1639.jpg

Engine Cover fitted and Mike being Mike, he polished up the bolts too

IMG_1979.jpg

Cooling Plate now fitted too

IMG_1980.jpg

Now, I hadn't planned on getting these so soon but due to P15ULT doing a big part out for his 3rd major overhaul, I couldn't pass up the opportunity especially as they are not always easy to get hold of!

Polished Coolant and Power Steering Tanks

IMG_1613.jpg

All fitted

IMG_1985.jpg

So into July and I wanted more grunt from the exhaust, as I'm impatient and wanted one there and then I decided to go for a cheaper option exhaust to see how I get on rather than buying a loud expensive one and it being a waste or a quiet one and it being too quiet so, I decided on the (very) loud Japspeed K1, now I know this exhaust isn't for everyone, it is loud and I'm not sure I could even live with it as a daily drive but seeing as I only use the car once a week its fine for me (at the moment!!)

As always, the cat has to make sure all parts are in the box before we are allowed near it lol

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

Bizzarely I have no pics or vids of it fitted huh.gif

Now one thing I had wanted to do since buying the car but not had a chance to was to get the plenum and throttle body polished,

so off it came

IMG_2219.jpg

And a week later, it was back

IMG_2240.jpg

Now, with the engine bay coming along nicely I thought it was about time I got a nice oil cap, so I bought a Nismo one from EPRacing

2643.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

You will see in the above pic that the OEM airbox is back on and this was due to heat soak issues, as it now didn't "go" with the look of the engine bay, I bought a new AEM short ram induction kit

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

The cooling plate was off in these pics but we have tested the induction kit with it on and there seems to be no more heat soak issues so its highly like that the HKS filter just needed changing (as it was fine without the cooling plate just didn't always get enough air to it when it was on).

I'm getting a cold air feed to go behind the grill in the bumper to guide the air up to the duct into the engine bay to aid the flow and then the cooling plate can go back on :biggrin:

I will be doing a For Sale thread for the HKS Induction kit and back box and mid pipe for the OEM exhaust

Well that's it for now but no doubt there'll be some little additions along the way before the big ones start lol :thumbup1:

Edited by Voodoo Vix

Looks really good what you have done so far and will keep my eyes peeled on this thread. Having a black Zed myself I'm always looking for ideas, I'm loving the purple rear Strut... Oh god I just see more money being thrown at the Z :bang::teeth:

Thanks for the comments :)

The cover and plate aren't a particular make, they're from UV Worldwide, there have been both good and bad comments about the company but I had no issues at all, some carbon pieces are a poor fit and others are fine, the first engine cover received was slightly twisted but the swapped it straight away with no issues and this one was fine, but they always have limited stock so a phonecall to check they're in stock is always best, I would use them again :thumbs:

I can't believe how much difference it has made, bay not quite finished yet, carbon battery and brakefluid covers, strut brace, coolant hoses, rad cap to match the oil one and a professional clean are next on the cards to finish it off. If the paint doesn't clean up to well (seems very flat compared to the rest of the car) then a possible engine respray is a possiblity :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As the weather is finally improving (occasionally anyway), we thought it was about time that the goodies Mike got me for Xmas should be fitted lol

Firstly, to go with my Nismo oil cap, came the Nismo rad cap :thumbup1:

IMAG0308.jpg

Excuse the photo it was taken on my crappy HTC!!

Samco Coolant Hoses :teeth:

IMAG0247.jpg

And then fitted

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

It was also about time she had a proper detail inside and out, so seeing as I was fiddling with the engine bay anyway it seemed like the best place to start.

After 3.5 hours with a toothbrush (no I'm not joking lol), Autoglym Tar and Glue Remover, Meguiars Engine Clean, Chemical Guys VRP (for the rubber and plastics) and Meguiars Engine Dressing, I managed to get most of the manufacturer's wax off of 1/4 of the bay, so instead of a washed out black/blue, it is now a nice shiny black - really hard going but amazing improvement, I have an after pic, but not a before one :bangin: but hopefully will get the rest done tomorrow and will take a pic of the other side before I start :blush:

DSCF0204.jpg

Now all I need to do is finish the bay, detail my wheels, the paint and the interior and then she'll be ready for shows again :clap: