First Mod!!! A good exhuast........??

Railgun

Ok, the car is now officially mine to play with, so was thinking somewhere along the lines of a new exhaust, as the car to me, doesn't make the noise you would expect it too when you look at it, and dare I say it, my 350 made a better noise with a stock exhaust!!! :headhurt:

Looking for something that sounds civilised when cruising, but deep and menacing without shrieking when your giving it some revs. Heard some Stillen ones on youtube that sounded fairly nice, but its difficult to tell unless you hear it in RL.

Any ideas will be warmly welcomed! :thumbs:

AS I'll be in your part of the world Saturday through to Wednesday night if you want to meet up and see what a Stillen sounds like (with 10k miles under its belt :teeth: ) you are very welcome.

If so, pm me your mobile number today :thumbs:

AS I'll be in your part of the world Saturday through to Wednesday night if you want to meet up and see what a Milltek sounds like you are very welcome.

Will will be around tooo and he has Milltek with Berk HFC's :DB):thumbs:

Yeah, but would that sound the same on a 370 :p

I can recommend the HKS Super Sound Master system, it is designed to be quiet at tickover but fron 3000rpm really barks, i have mine mated to a Motordyne XYZ y pipe and Motordyne resonate de-cats the sound is head turning when giving it some ! Here are a couple of pics from under car.post-5990-135011911591_thumb.png

I'm a decent distance from where the Hoon is running, and believe me, I've been squirming to try and get up for it. Haven't given up on it yet though, and may make it up for part of it. Fingers crossed, as it would be great to see and hear the Z's as a collective, and get an idea for the sound I'm looking for.

Thanks for the responses so far. A :pmzmanalex: may be in order. :thumbs:

As I am in your part of the world permenently :thumbs: , you can come listen to my Akro and Berk HFCs :lol:

That would probably be a more practical option. :) Might take you up on it!

I quite like a wee spin up to Arrochar on occasion. I'll give ye a shout if I'm headed up! :thumbs:

I'm a decent distance from where the Hoon is running, and believe me, I've been squirming to try and get up for it. Haven't given up on it yet though, and may make it up for part of it. Fingers crossed, as it would be great to see and hear the Z's as a collective, and get an idea for the sound I'm looking for.

Thanks for the responses so far. A :pmzmanalex: may be in order. :thumbs:

Don't think Alex does exhausts or HFCs buddy.

I supply the following if you need any help let me know, I've supplied a fair few to members now :thumbs:

Stillen

Invidia Gemini

Nismo

Greddy Spectrum Elite

Scorpion

HKS

Berk Exhaust and HFCs

:)

Once I've made my mind up, can anyone recommend someone on west coast of Scotland for fitting.............aaannddd.........does it affect your insurance 'that' much. Like I said, the power gain is nice and all, but its the soundtrack I'm more interested in! :thumbs:

Tarmac (Chris) supplied my Stillen in super-sharp time so can recommend him. Sorry Chris, I promised to give you shout out but haven't had chance to do a proper write up, so this can be my little 'big-up' :teeth: .

Stillen sounds amazing. Must admit it took me a few days to adjust to the extra volume (I really panicked when it was fitted and thought it'd be in the classifieds pretty quickly afterwards) but now I love it. To be honest, I'm now not interested in any HFCs to compliment it, as I'm happy with the level of volume I've got now. So, personally, I'd fit the exhaust then decide afterwards if you want more.

Oh, insurance, mine increased by about £100 over the year, so less than 10%, with Esure.

As I am in your part of the world permenently :thumbs: , you can come listen to my Akro and Berk HFCs :lol:

I quite like a wee spin up to Arrochar on occasion. I'll give ye a shout if I'm headed up! :thumbs:

I'll be in that area for the next couple of weeks ;) If you're up early evening, then we could meet up at The Village Inn for a spin :thumbs: failing that, we'll set up another meet up at some point :thumbs:

Tarmac (Chris) supplied my Stillen in super-sharp time so can recommend him. Sorry Chris, I promised to give you shout out but haven't had chance to do a proper write up, so this can be my little 'big-up' :teeth: .

Stillen sounds amazing. Must admit it took me a few days to adjust to the extra volume (I really panicked when it was fitted and thought it'd be in the classifieds pretty quickly afterwards) but now I love it. To be honest, I'm now not interested in any HFCs to compliment it, as I'm happy with the level of volume I've got now. So, personally, I'd fit the exhaust then decide afterwards if you want more.

Oh, insurance, mine increased by about £100 over the year, so less than 10%, with Esure.

Thanks for that pal. I was always a little worried about the car sounding a bit too much like a halfrauds raped Saxo. I'd rather have the stock exhaust than have the car turning heads for the all the wrong reasons!

Think I'd still like to hear one first though before I take the plunge. Edging ever closer! :D:D

I'll be in that area for the next couple of weeks ;) If you're up early evening, then we could meet up at The Village Inn for a spin :thumbs: failing that, we'll set up another meet up at some point :thumbs:

Sounds like a plan Mon Ami!

I'll give you a shout when I have my proverbial s£!t in one sock! :thumbs:

Could be a couple of months away now. I thought my insurance with direct line was up at the end of september, but its the end of october. I plan to move to eSure then, as DL have refused to insure me if I do the exhaust!! :headhurt::yuck:

Plan on hearing the G-mans and hopefully a stillen too. It's gonna happen though! :#1:

TBH the design of the Stillen and Akra are very similar and the noise they make are similar too. G-mans sounds nicer as he has HFCs which add quite a bit more noise both in volume and a little raspier. I dont think you'd be disappointed with either. I'm going to wind George up and say the Stillen makes better gains too :p

Chris.... :teeth:

I dont have any good maps for cars fitted with HFC's at the moment which is a shame.

Looks like we will get our Berk's order in 10 or so days time so we can supply a full set up if you want and I am sure I will have a generic map for a car fitted with HFC,s by the time you want to buy.

Dont have any money to spend until after May next year Mark - pesky wedding to pay for. Tried to get in as much as I could before the spending freeze came into play which inc the 370z, Stillen and UpRev so didnt do too bad :lol: Unless my accountant finds some spare funds in my company accounts then I can syphon them off without suspicion :ninja:

I'm going to wind George up and say the Stillen makes better gains too :p

I've not witnessed any other exhaust but can say I was really impressed by the difference the Stillen made performance wise; took me by surprise actually. Extra performance wasnt a priority at all (sound was all I wanted) so a bit of a brucie-bonus. Plus, I seem to have gained an extra 1mpg, so in about 45 years it'll have paid for itself :lol: .