hankook or falkens

wesmin

Just replaced my Falken 452's with Falken Ziex's and they are sooooo much quieter, by about 20% I would guess. Grip seems about the same. :)

Having run the FK452's and the Hankook Ventus Evo V12's I'd say the Hankooks were the better tyre by about 5-10%.

Thanks guys for your experiences, I have only had my 350 for about 3 weeks and she come with new Avons on the front and bridgestone 050As on the back, they are about 25% worn and I don't know what they will be like in the winter.

I'm sure Ekona will be along soon to tell you all about mixing tyres :scare:

Thanks guys for your experiences, I have only had my 350 for about 3 weeks and she come with new Avons on the front and bridgestone 050As on the back, they are about 25% worn and I don't know what they will be like in the winter.

what type of driver are you?

That and where you itend on using the Z would help answer your question. Do you commute long distances on motorway? Do you use it as a weekend tool, fast track days? etc etc etc.

Would never ever touch Avon's again. Had the Avon storms on my bike and jesus you got great mileage out of it but rather be on the road then in a ditch. I find my Goodyear F1's great on track, road and rain (track they tend to get a bit to warm if you push it though so be aware).

What's your budget like?

what type of driver are you?

That and where you itend on using the Z would help answer your question. Do you commute long distances on motorway? Do you use it as a weekend tool, fast track days? etc etc etc.

Would never ever touch Avon's again. Had the Avon storms on my bike and jesus you got great mileage out of it but rather be on the road then in a ditch. I find my Goodyear F1's great on track, road and rain (track they tend to get a bit to warm if you push it though so be aware).

What's your budget like?

+1 on the Goodyears... fantastic on the road and track. Completely changes the car having quality tyres as opposed to the usual budget options (Falken, Avon etc).

I have been looking on the tyrereviews website and they rate Falkens and the avons about equal with the Hankooks well ahead and the goodyears way out in the lead. The avons get a good rating from a lot of Zed owners.

I won't be tracking the car using it more for normal driving and I work from home so only do around 5000 miles per year. I drive a car more towards the rally style of driving as opposed to the race style as I have a background in special stage rallying allbeit many years ago.

Price doesn't really matter but I would hate to take off virtually new Avons if the car behaves well on them.

Quote: Price doesn't really matter but I would hate to take off virtually new Avons if the car behaves well on them.

This is a marmite subject,you will get many variations on this, if you have only had the car a few weeks its too early to say. Stick with them for a month or two then you'll know.

As per winter driving then your in for a treat the z is notorious for its very active rear wheel drive and your rallying experience will come in handy. ;)

How do people rate 452's in the wet? Whenever it's been fairly wet on the ground I've not been impressed by them, even when it's not completely full of puddles outsides I can always feel a lack of grip on corners. They're got a good amount of tred on them, might just be me being picky!

Tempted to get some Vred's come winter time.

How do people rate 452's in the wet? Whenever it's been fairly wet on the ground I've not been impressed by them, even when it's not completely full of puddles outsides I can always feel a lack of grip on corners. They're got a good amount of tred on them, might just be me being picky!

Tempted to get some Vred's come winter time.

I know it varies from car to car and I haven't had them on my zed, but I tried 452's on the Supra (similar weight and rwd)and in the wet I thought they were utter sh*t. Goodyear eagle f1's (both the GS3 and Asymmetric) were the best I found.