370 on the Top Gear power board!

Railgun

A more complete list can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

While the 370z/350z position is interesting, I still can't get my head round the GTR. rear seats, decent amount of space, large boot, engine at the front, stereo, etc, etc & costing pennies in comparison with almost every supercar there is, including the original Veyron, all Zondas, all Ferraris, all Porkers & all Maseratis including the MC12 being slower. One can only wonder what a slightly enhanced one would do.

A more complete list can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Top_Gear_test_track_Power_Lap_Times

While the 370z/350z position is interesting, I still can't get my head round the GTR. rear seats, decent amount of space, large boot, engine at the front, stereo, etc, etc & costing pennies in comparison with almost every supercar there is, including the original Veyron, all Zondas, all Ferraris, all Maseratis including the MC12 being slower. One can only wonder what a slightly enhanced one would do.

Astonishing motor IMHO. Its taken a few years too, but the looks are really starting to grow on me! :thumbs:

People just dont listen when you tell them its a seriously fast car. Nearly 4.5sec quicker than a 350z :#1:

Nissan 370Z 1.27.5

Nissan 350Z 1.31.8

Don't forget that that 350z time was in MY03 import, you'd expect a 313 to close that gap a bit.

Also, the list is not up-to-date as the new MY11 GTR was quicker than the time listed I think.

As always, drivers and weather conditions aren't equal so 95% of those times are irrelevant.

+1 a lot of them seem very strange... I'm sorry 370Z fans, but faster than an M3 CSL? Not so sure about that one... also I don't believe that a 350Z would be 10 or so places above a Noble M12.

It's weird, the bottom of the board seems fair enough, and so does the very top... but all the cars in between are a bit iffy to me...

People just dont listen when you tell them its a seriously fast car. Nearly 4.5sec quicker than a 350z :#1:

Nissan 370Z 1.27.5

Nissan 350Z 1.31.8

Don't forget that that 350z time was in MY03 import, you'd expect a 313 to close that gap a bit.

Also, the list is not up-to-date as the new MY11 GTR was quicker than the time listed I think.

Shh I have to justify my purchase :lol:

As Dan says, take it all with a pinch of salt, its all different drivers, track conditions etc. If even 5% of them are actually comparable I'd be amazed.

Still makes the 370z look good though :teeth:

Have the TG team done a full road test of the 370 yet ? if they have, is there a downloadable iplayer/utube clip thingy ?

I'm sure clarkson will hate it mind and probably call it a Datsun :angry:

That list doesnt make sense. Is the 350z really that slow? I am staggered at the number of cars above it on that list.

Haha, it had me disappointed at first as well. Yes it's low down, but according to that list it's still as fast as an M3 (one place above it) and only a second slower than a 911 (assuming 996) turbo. That's how you know the list isn't quite right.. especially when an R32 Golf went faster than all of those three!?

That list doesnt make sense. Is the 350z really that slow? I am staggered at the number of cars above it on that list.

Haha, it had me disappointed at first as well. Yes it's low down, but according to that list it's still as fast as an M3 (one place above it) and only a second slower than a 911 (assuming 996) turbo. That's how you know the list isn't quite right.. especially when an R32 Golf went faster than all of those three!?

Yeah good point. I remember when I was looking at stats, my 313 was supposed to be as quick as the Z4M. 0-60 was a fraction slower, but after then it had more midrange acceleration. I guess also, they tested an older lower powered 350 etc. etc.

A 996 turbo has over a hundred more horses and well over a hundred more ft-lbs of torque, as well as phenomenal straight-line grip, and its only capable of going 1 second faster than an MY03 zed on a circuit that rewards straight line acceleration/speed? yea ok...

DB

My god, thats even worse. 350z slower than a mini and a z4 3.0i. I may as well sell it now!

In fairness that Mini can be hustled incredibly quickly, and the BMW is no slouch either on track. You may not be going as quick in the Zed, but you'd be having more fun :thumbs:

My god, thats even worse. 350z slower than a mini and a z4 3.0i. I may as well sell it now!

In fairness that Mini can be hustled incredibly quickly, and the BMW is no slouch either on track. You may not be going as quick in the Zed, but you'd be having more fun :thumbs:

Yep, I also notice most of those cars didnt get above 110 / 120 which means the zed would have still been in 4th gear and just getting warmed up.

And the Zed looks better than both too. ;)

Yep, I also notice most of those cars didnt get above 110 / 120 which means the zed would have still been in 4th gear and just getting warmed up.

Also the smaller cars will have much shorter gears. Drop in a new final drive to the Zed and it will fly around :drive1