Knockhill Monday 1st August

ZMANALEX

I would like to thank Zmanalex for giving me the chance to be his passenger :thumbs: Wanted to see what the GTR could do and how it handled on such a tight track, I must say it was amazing and lived up to my expectations :thumbs:

Thanks Alex you a top man :teeth:

Paul

B) was that the white gtr in the video? sounded sweet, guess it ain't standard :thumbs:

Think it's had the cobb upgrades.

Rubbish, :lol: standard except for the Milltek, however Cob, Brake upgrade and transmission cooler soon. :yahoo:

I would like to thank Zmanalex for giving me the chance to be his passenger :thumbs: Wanted to see what the GTR could do and how it handled on such a tight track, I must say it was amazing and lived up to my expectations :thumbs:

Paul

B) was that the white gtr in the video? sounded sweet, guess it ain't standard :thumbs:

Rubbish, :lol: standard except for the Milltek, however Cob, Brake upgrade and transmission cooler soon. :yahoo:

I'm pretty certain I hear Cobb mentioned. :lol: Anyway, I'm off for another week - want me to come up and put that roadster together for you? ;):lol::lol:

Paul

I'm pretty certain I hear Cobb mentioned. :lol: Anyway, I'm off for another week - want me to come up and put that roadster together for you? ;):lol::lol:

Hey blawbag, I tell the jokes. :lol:

You could not put together a jigsaw for a 5 year old. :lol::lol::lol:

Paul

is the tranny cooler needed? :snack:

Milltek sounds good on that car

Paul

Milltek sounds good on that car

:lol: Definately for round Knockers - remember it was originally designed as a bike track ;)

:lol: He just wants to come and play in the yard Alex - you know he's convinced there's something untoward going on up there in the wilds of Perthshire...you never know he might bring you some Tom & Jerry's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will better put a fence around the yard in case he strays onto the A9 to play. :lol:

Oh yes, the Tom and Jerry's.

TomasZ send me a message the other day saying that it was half price in Morrisons. :thumbs:

Paul

Absolutely Anders,

On normal road driving the transmission temps will sit at circa 85 degrees C all day long.

On track it does not take long to reach 125 degrees which is getting close to dangerous and expensive territory.

Because of the over temperature issues I have to swop out the fluids every 1000 miles.

If it reaches 135 :scare: then I would have to swop out the fluids immediatelyand get the clutches adjusted and realigned.

The water cooled transmission cooler which is on the car as stock is inefficient when pushing on, so an after market thermostatically controlled oil cooler kit with a larger sump and front mounted rad is necessary.

Alex

Did you enjoy your "Tom and jerrys " then alex? :lol:

Not yet Neil, the weekly shop will be tomorrow and I can't wait. :lol:

I was up your neck of the woods yesterday and up there tomorrow, will keep an eye out for you if your heading into town :lol::teeth:

I was up your neck of the woods yesterday and up there tomorrow, will keep an eye out for you if your heading into town :lol::teeth:

You will probably find me parked up in some layby on my way back from the store gorging on some B & J :lol:

This will better not be a wind up or someone will die. :evil:

You will probably find me parked up in some layby on my way back from the store gorging on some B & J :lol:

This will better not be a wind up or someone will die. :evil:

hahahaha honestly mate it dynamite, take a spoon with you for the drive back and buy all the flavours and work your way through them. :lol:

Il hopefully come up to watch on the 7th can't make the 29th. Still not seen Alex on the track, how does a highly modified zed compare to a near standard gtr?

Well Alex was hitting 124mph on the straight when i was in the GTR and he said that in the roadster he hits 130mph !!! and is alot more fun to drive :drive1

Paul

Il hopefully come up to watch on the 7th can't make the 29th. Still not seen Alex on the track, how does a highly modified zed compare to a near standard gtr?

Well Alex was hitting 124mph on the straight when i was in the GTR and he said that in the roadster he hits 130mph !!! and is alot more fun to drive :drive1

Paul

i seen 135mph im sure in the zed. I managed 105-110 (dont know how accurate my speedo is at a glanse )in my very slow car lol.. it feels very very fast though :lol:

Did you get to feel sick ? I was ill after about 30 laps :lol:

Paul

i seen 135mph im sure in the zed. I managed 105-110 (dont know how accurate my speedo is at a glanse )in my very slow car lol.. it feels very very fast though :lol:

sick ???? na im quite manly !!! lol

Paul

Mr T yer slackin' :lol:

Paul

Mr T yer slackin' :lol:

he certainly got a few fast laps in :teeth:

Absolutely Anders,

On normal road driving the transmission temps will sit at circa 85 degrees C all day long.

On track it does not take long to reach 125 degrees which is getting close to dangerous and expensive territory.

Because of the over temperature issues I have to swop out the fluids every 1000 miles.

If it reaches 135 :scare: then I would have to swop out the fluids immediatelyand get the clutches adjusted and realigned.

The water cooled transmission cooler which is on the car as stock is inefficient when pushing on, so an after market thermostatically controlled oil cooler kit with a larger sump and front mounted rad is necessary.

Alex

Fail on their part, obviously not built to be pushed on as you say from factory. Thought that was a car you didn't need to make much upgrades to to take her out on track. Brakes are they also not good enough? Expensive to get 10 more degress, I'd call that pushing on the limits, must be hard to control that B) How's that gearbox holding up???