NIP?

Vik54

och I wouldn't mind if it had been when I was tanking up the A90 to Forfar - but I could kick myself :wacko: Both have been on the Kingsway (50mph Dual Carriageway) in Dundee in places where they always sit and I was prolly doing about 8 mph over the limit :doh:

F*ck it just have to take these things on the chin :shrug:

och I wouldn't mind if it had been when I was tanking up the A90 to Forfar - but I could kick myself :wacko: Both have been on the Kingsway (50mph Dual Carriageway) in Dundee in places where they always sit and I was prolly doing about 8 mph over the limit :doh:

F*ck it just have to take these things on the chin :shrug:

I take it you haven't had the NIP on the door mat yet? 8mph over in a 50mph you may be boarder line whether or not one will sent.

Was it a static Van? if so the settings can be quite high generally 10% = 2mph of the restricted speed = 57mph sometime even higher.

The loud pedal is a curse.

Nope Rothers - nothing through - first one was on Wednesday (in a hurry to get to Knockers :blush: ) and second one was this morning - both vans - but Kingsway is notorious for prosecutions at very 'low settings' - my first (and last) three points was seven years ago on the same ring road doing 48 in a 40 that had just gone down from a 50. They made over £150k in fines there the first fortnight alone - it hit the media at the time :lol:

I have to attend a speed awareness course soon. The police allow you 10% +2 before they prosecute you or offer you a course.

For non-mathematical people, the speed at which you WILL be prosecuted is:

30 limit 36

40 limit 47

50 limit 58

60 limit 69

70 limit 80

I'm in trouble for doing 36 in a 30 zone, the lowest possible. Its still costing me £95, a day off work and a drive into the Humberside Police's area to attend the course. I sped on a Sunday afternoon and the yellow letter was with me 2 days later on the Tuesday.

I'm currently driving an MR2 on a daily basis and its probably good for 135 mph. I was caught driving my Pajero with the caravan on the back..............

Steve

Fingers crosed on the basis that if you thought you were doing 58 given the actual speed would be more like 52-54 mph knowing how the speedo's always enhance the actual, you should be OK - I hope :console:

That is why a use a snooper that is far more accurate (unless under trees etc that kills the GPS) and so far has kept the dreaded brown envelope from gracing the doormat :shrug:

The police allow you 10% +2 before they prosecute you or offer you a course.

For non-mathematical people, the speed at which you MAY be prosecuted is:

30 limit 36

40 limit 47

50 limit 58

60 limit 69

70 limit 80

Edited for accuracy. It's not a will, it's a may, and you may be prosecuted for being 1mph over the limit.

My snooper wasn't on Colin - I only use it for when I'm really lost :blush:

I'm estimating my speed based on the split second between seeing the van and glancing at my speedo :thumbdown: och well I'll get what I deserve am sure :dummy:

The police allow you 10% +2 before they prosecute you or offer you a course.

For non-mathematical people, the speed at which you MAY be prosecuted is:

30 limit 36

40 limit 47

50 limit 58

60 limit 69

70 limit 80

Edited for accuracy. It's not a will, it's a may, and you may be prosecuted for being 1mph over the limit.

And equally you may not be done for doing 85+ on the motorway - its still down to the copper that catches you doing and how unsafe they percieve it to be. Most coppers have good common sense and if its safe, they will give you a bit of slack :thumbs: