Trader disappreciation thread (Trader Complaints)

rtbiscuit

We seem to have tons of these "trader appreciation" threads; and to be honest for quiet menial things, and often for thanking a trader for something that should be normal practice; like posting it on time; etc.

what frustrates me on this forum is that i know of lots of people that have had issues, and no one posts up about it. if people were better informed they could choose more accuratly where they spend their money.

so if you've had bad service

post it here, so others know and can learn from it.

one rule: information must be based on fact only and not use this area for hurling abuse.

and if a trader solved the issue post the issue and what they did to resolve it. that way at least people know if a trader is willing to fix there mistakes or if they leave you hanging in the wind.

Move to trading post - its more than a 350z thing :thumbs:

We always welcome feedback from traders - good and bad - even if you havent actually bought anything, just tried to buy something and decided not to because of service.

This is dangerous imo.

There are usually two sides to every story, and there is such a thing as a bad customer as well as a bad trader.

Misleading and biased information about a trader, that can seriously be detrimental to their business, should be strictly moderated imo.

This is dangerous imo.

There are usually two sides to every story, and there is such a thing as a bad customer as well as a bad trader.

Misleading and biased information about a trader, that can seriously be detrimental to their business, should be strictly moderated imo.

Fully agree and we will see where this goes.

Mines a little outdated, but i thought it best if i started this thread, that i suppose i should post in it to show others that its possible.

this was 2 years ago, and i'm not 100% sure where the responsibility lie's but i will post the facts and only that.

Trader: CS (possibly a Prestige item sold on via CS)

Item bought: Nismo N1 Side skirts

Issue: i originally had some Nismo side skirts but they were badly damaged and had water ingress, my bodyshop said if i could source new ones that were a perfect fit it would save me money over fixing the originals.

I contacted CS for a set; i asked specifically if they were a perfect fit and was informed that they were and that they were good quality. i gave them to my bodyshop who sprayed them on good faith that they were a perfect fit ( i told them that the supplier had said they were a perfect fit) and then tried to fit them.

Yes they fitted on, but the fit was very bad and the amount of time and labour required to make them fit cost me an extra 400.00 in bodyshop fee's. basically they were not as described.

Hind sight: i should have test fitted them first before painting at least that way i could have sent them back. but once painted it was too late.

This is dangerous imo.

I just entered this thread to say much the same Liam.

If people are wanting to air genuine grievances then fair enough however I can see it causing a sh*t storm if I'm honest.

As moderators we don't know what is fact or fiction, which side of a story is true etc etc.

Very dangerous and quite frankly not very gentlemanly. The Team have helped in the past to try to sort out issues and we continue to help out as and when asked. It's maybe better to try to sort an issue out with the trader / member before blowing about it on here.

Also, in my opinion what's in the past is in the past so old stuff doesn't need to be dragged back up again.

Think it's a good idea and should be public knowledge, needs moderating though. The forum might be held responsible for any bad info spread here.

How do you moderate it only knowing one side of the story? We (team) will only have one side of a story and will a trader put forward their side?????

I can only seeing this ending in tears.

This is dangerous imo.

Fully agree and we will see where this goes.

+2 Terrible idea if i am honest. Ok if its a Rik or Japseye who were just terrible full stop!! But dont see the point in posting a complaint from something that happened 2 years ago from generally a very good and respected forum trader!! :surrender:

Think it's a good idea and should be public knowledge, needs moderating though. The forum might be held responsible for any bad info spread here.

How do you moderate it only knowing one side of the story? We (team) will only have one side of a story and will a trader put forward their side?????

It will take some effort.

1, Member complains to mods with full story

2, Trader gets notified, and a chance to reply to mod.

3, Mod makes a call on it and possibly talks to member again

4, Mod make the call to approve thread or not

Simples... If the trader doesn't put their side to the story forward, well ... No expert but to me that would be an approved thread ;)

Simples... If the trader doesn't put their side to the story forward, well ... No expert but to me that would be an approved thread ;)

So the same as now then.

The people affected can easily post up at the moment if they choose to. Most don't though.

So the same as now then.

The people affected can easily post up at the moment if they choose to. Most don't though.

Well maybe if it was a place for it there would be more posts / threads? And also easier for new members that hasn't seen the old threads to 'catch' up on things? The threads I've seen are buried somewhere...

Having a bad experiance at the moment only purchased my vehicle a litttle over a week ago not having any mechanical skills appart from kicking tyres and looking for rust spots dents etc which is about my limit.

I unfortunately after a short period of time realised the vehicle is shuddering slightly under breaking which was not so obvious initially and making a slight noise like friction on the brakes looking into it i joined this particular forum to access help with experts on 350z obviously the owners know best and i was correct i was amazed how helpful the members of this forum are and knowledgable too the problem was diagnosed as warped discs in no time .

i then asked a friend to drive the vehicle who has a better understanding of cars than i who also aggreed warped discs at this point i called the dealer and took the car for inspection they offered to clean up the brakes at a later date and i aggreed .

after getting home i decided to take the car for an inspection to cover my back on inspection the discs are worn and terribly grooved and to my horror the mechanic also pointed out the tyres where in terrible state too and that the vehicle was in his opinion not road worthy and should not be driven .

obviously i challanged the dealer and they for some reason decided to be well not so helpful i dont want to name people or companies at this stage until the matter is resolved but i will most definately post here if it is not resolved to my what i see as fair conclusion...MY Z EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED !!!!! :rant:

Mines a little outdated, but i thought it best if i started this thread, that i suppose i should post in it to show others that its possible.

this was 2 years ago, and i'm not 100% sure where the responsibility lie's but i will post the facts and only that.

Trader: CS (possibly a Prestige item sold on via CS)

Item bought: Nismo N1 Side skirts

Issue: i originally had some Nismo side skirts but they were badly damaged and had water ingress, my bodyshop said if i could source new ones that were a perfect fit it would save me money over fixing the originals.

I contacted CS for a set; i asked specifically if they were a perfect fit and was informed that they were and that they were good quality. i gave them to my bodyshop who sprayed them on good faith that they were a perfect fit ( i told them that the supplier had said they were a perfect fit) and then tried to fit them.

Yes they fitted on, but the fit was very bad and the amount of time and labour required to make them fit cost me an extra 400.00 in bodyshop fee's. basically they were not as described.

Hind sight: i should have test fitted them first before painting at least that way i could have sent them back. but once painted it was too late.

If you wanted a perfect fit you should have sourced genuine Nismo skirts,not bought replica's and then complaining when they are not a perfect fit.

Dragging something menial like this up, two years on, is not cricket imo.

Having a bad experiance at the moment only purchased my vehicle a litttle over a week ago not having any mechanical skills appart from kicking tyres and looking for rust spots dents etc which is about my limit.

I unfortunately after a short period of time realised the vehicle is shuddering slightly under breaking which was not so obvious initially and making a slight noise like friction on the brakes looking into it i joined this particular forum to access help with experts on 350z obviously the owners know best and i was correct i was amazed how helpful the members of this forum are and knowledgable too the problem was diagnosed as warped discs in no time .

i then asked a friend to drive the vehicle who has a better understanding of cars than i who also aggreed warped discs at this point i called the dealer and took the car for inspection they offered to clean up the brakes at a later date and i aggreed .

after getting home i decided to take the car for an inspection to cover my back on inspection the discs are worn and terribly grooved and to my horror the mechanic also pointed out the tyres where in terrible state too and that the vehicle was in his opinion not road worthy and should not be driven .

obviously i challanged the dealer and they for some reason decided to be well not so helpful i dont want to name people or companies at this stage until the matter is resolved but i will most definately post here if it is not resolved to my what i see as fair conclusion...MY Z EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED !!!!! :rant:

But your issue is with a dealer, not a site trader...................

But your issue is with a dealer, not a site trader...................

And they aren't named so won't help any other members out.

Not a dig at you, just proving that this thread is highly flawed.

I'm sorry you're having an issue and hop it's resolved soon :)

Great idea but itl'll never work on the basis that no trader is likely to hold their hands up to genuine bad service and a customer complaining already feels that they're in the right (even if they're actually wrong)......besides that it can see it already heading the way of being locked within the next 5 posts

5......... :snack:

Like i said i think its a terrible idea for a thread and i get the sense that this is nothing more than a witch hunt aimed at certain trader/traders. The forum team has dealt with genuinely bad traders before like Rik and Japspeed who have been hung, drawn and quartered quickly on the forum for everyone to see.

Of course no one is perfect and not everyone will always get it right but bringing up an issue with a generally respected forum trader from two years ago is just not on imho. :thumbdown:

It just smacks of tittle tattle gossip from people who have nothing better to discuss :wacko: