washer problem

busa1300

Usually the pump is fine, but the pipes under the windscreen cowling are blocked. Take off your brake fluid cover and feel around for the tubes, and then pull them apart at the Y pipes, then try running the washer...

• 1 month later...
did anyone manage to fix this problem? Neither my rear or front washers work,however the headlight ones do. I've opened the 3 fuse boxes and I cant seem to find a fuse for the pump?

Anyone able to help?

It will be the pumps front and rear are seperate and the headlight ones are different to.

I only use my car a handfull of times and both pumps have stopped working. I only replaced these last year so not bothering with them again.

On the same note if you can get to the pumps and tap them with a small hammer I bet they will work for a short while then stop again :angry:

Just checked my NRV and it was more of a restrictor than a NRV..replaced it temporarily with a straight barb and my god there a good jet now....streaming... so new one on order. Oh and its nice and clean around the bottom of the screen now! So often I think how would i deal with these sort of things if I couldn't share thoughts etc with othr like minded people...Such a great help ALWAYS :thumbs:

There is only one NRV (Non Return Valve) for the front screen wipers, the Y piece is just a branch that goes to each wiper after the NRV. BTW I dont remember hearing the pump on mine when sitting in the car and trying it!! But tell you what with the NRV taken out and just a straight connector you get a good flow...in fact there has not been any noticeable delay due to lack of NRV...but I will replace it when it arrives..

Yes I think so but they are mostly standard... I got a couple from ebay for £2 each...althogh I havent fitted one yet as I simply removed the NRV and put in a joining barb as a tempoary fix and it all works fine...maybe too good if the water/screen wash consumption gets a bit much...anyways the bore diameter of the tube is either 4mm or 5mm. go to ebay and search for screen washer NRV......worth having a couple in stock :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

its been a while - work been busy, but the car has been a dream and v well behaved.... till last week.

it seems my washer motor may have burned out, am going out at lunch with a mate who is gonna have a listen under the bonnet to see if he can hear my motor trying to pump, if it does (i cant hear in when i am in the car mind you) then i will try removing the splitter / NRV however, if it is dead i will order a pump from xmanalex

BUT

is there a fitting guide - ideally with pics - I had a look for could not find one, if there is please pop the link here.

i am rubbish at this sort of thing, so am tempted to take to garage, BUT if it is a do-able diy job maybe i should get out of my comfort zone and give it a go.

cheers

M.

edit sorted.... its either a loose wire and they will fail again, or it was trapped air as they are working now after a lot of squirting attempts whilst listening for the pump (which is v quiet).

Trust me this is the ONLY gripe I have about my 350 and I have owned it for 4 years. My new motors I got 2 years ago and then another last year have stopped working because I do not use it enough. I have only done 2000 miles since last April :blush:

I sent Nixy a guide on how to change the motors in 20 minutes or so, PM her and see if she still got it to send to you.

Best of luck :thumbs:

I have it if anyone wants it - however, I did give it to the nice garage man....... :lol:

And Heath - why don't you just pop into your garage and have a spray every now and then if you're not using it enough! :thumbs:

My car is kept in my garage not a problem but the motors have both rusted from inside the motors due to not being used much. Really strange.

• 2 months later...

Hi

if anyone could pm me the guide that would be great. my washer issue fixed itself for a few months, only for it to come back yesterfay

my fronts AND rears are not working. Could this still be the NRV or does this mean it is either the pump or the fuse ?

was really looking forward to going for a hoon this weekend as am going up north on a bit of a road trip, but sadly due to my washers not working, it looks like i will be in a 1.2 punto instead. :(

thanks as ever

M.