Considering getting a 350z Nismo Kit

Hello everyone.

I've recently got a promotion at work, and with the extra funds im thinking about chopping in my honda civic type-r for a 350z.

I've really became fond of them recently... I joined the forum a few weeks ago and im really liking what im seeing. I just have a few questions to ask really.

Whats the petrol like? I would be using the car for around a 110 miles a week (commuting; and then another 40/50 miles on the weekend?)

My type-r atm isn't modded, but i just want to know; are there a few mods available for the 350z whilst staying NA, that will increase the performance?

And generally whats all of your opinions on coming over from a type-r? nippy little front wheel drive "boy racers car" to a RWD beefy V6?

Cheers guys :band:

Hi mate, i came from a Integra DC5 type R 220bhp , i would say both cars are about the same speed but the 350z is definetly more fun for me.

I will be selling my Zed soon , it is currently in the bodyshop being sprayed white, with nismo kit on it :thumbs:

as soon as its ready it will be getting sold to make way for a GTR :teeth:

Paul

I came from a mk4 golf turbo to a 350z, first thing I notice was how much better the handling was! But I know type R's are alot better that golfs in that resoect. Petrol wise I get 20mpg but I do most of my miles in the city. I did notice the loss of practicality in terms of space but I have got another car for the 'practical' stuff. The change to RWD is very enjoyable but it becomes a pain in the winter as driving is the snow and ice becomes more difficult, also I find with a FWD you can get away with alot more than with a RWD when your finding out where the limits of car are. With the golf is was a case of ooo oversteer I better back off, with the Zed it would be a case of hmm why are there branches poking in my face! Just treat the car with respect :thumbs:

I had a CTR 2004 and went to an MR2 (MRS) and then onto a 350z roadster... the 350z kinda reminds me of a combination of both. Much more solid feeling than the MR2 (but similar driving position) and handles like the CTR but with more torque.

I do miss the squealing VTEC that you will be used to with the CTR. But I got bored of that car quite quickly and seemed only to be able to entertain myself by driving in first gear through town so I could hear the VTEC squealing at me.

The growl, driving position and general fun you can have with this car is ace. It also feels a lot more exclusive. I have only had my car for two weeks but I have not seen another 350z owner at all around here (Leamington, Warwick) area.

Petrol is surprising me though. But that is because I have come from a 1.8 to this lol

Hello everyone.

Whats the petrol like?

Well, like most petrol, it's volatile. :shrug:

Joking aside, welcome to the club.

You can buy a standard Zed, and then buy the kit. A genuine kit will set you back a few months wages, but Shine Auto do a remarkably good copy (available from a few diff traders on here).

ha ha cheers guys, you definately seem like a friendly bunch...

in terms of the 350z i definately know what some of you are saying with relation to getting bored quickly with the type-r... and especially with the only fun part about a type-r is hitting VTEC (above 6krpm)... I'm pretty sure ill get a 350z ;) i'll let you all know when i do

in terms of the 350z i definately know what some of you are saying with relation to getting bored quickly with the type-r... and especially with the only fun part about a type-r is hitting VTEC (above 6krpm)... I'm pretty sure ill get a 350z ;)

Given the Z is a reasonably torquey beast, you'll only see 6, if you're putting the boot in. Hardly required most of the time. You'll notice the linear power delivery too.