HSD Coilovers

Lum

Just had them fitted and Im really, really impressed, every aspect from ride to turn in has been improved. :thumbs:

For the record this is about the 8th set of coilovers Ive had on a car and Ive driven countless sets, these really are excellent. See Driftworks for buyingness :thumbs:

Polo I think went "true coilover", and his car doesnt bear much resemblance to anything on here either :D

Driftworks boys do run them, DW are the official sales people so its not surprising, but they really are good, Ive never had coilovers that can be more compliant than standard suspension, but then work like track suspension when pressing on. The car isnt bouncy, crashy or unpredictable at all, it really does do everything better than standard. :thumbs:

Ive never had coilovers that can be more compliant than standard suspension, but then work like track suspension when pressing on. The car isnt bouncy, crashy or unpredictable at all, it really does do everything better than standard. :thumbs:

Out of interest what other coilovers have you had? Just curious :)

Ive never had coilovers that can be more compliant than standard suspension, but then work like track suspension when pressing on. The car isnt bouncy, crashy or unpredictable at all, it really does do everything better than standard. :thumbs:

Out of interest what other coilovers have you had? Just curious :)

Lets think, Ive got HKS Hipermax II on my S13 (very good), Teins and RSR's on the Onevia, Boge on my old Delta, D2's (horrible) and Apex Gen I on my old S13. Ive recently driven cars on Tein Flex and Superstreet, both of which I liked and Apex Gen II which are a vast improvement over the originals Id say. Im told Driftworks CS2's are excellent but Im not sure Ive driven on them myself :)

KW's are too posh for my pikey mates :D Those I know who have used them (mostly on M3's actually) really, really rate them though. BC's again, have heard good things but dont know anyone who wasnt sponsored by them using them ;)

hsd and bc both get good write ups :) quite a few bc kits have been supplied to members on this forum and all have been very happy, no one taken up the hsd's yet but its probably because we cant offer any discount to the forum, but thats not something that can be changed, these are trading rules set by hsd.

• 2 weeks later...

Really sorry to interfere but I had kyb on my delta which were shite and now I ve got bilstein which are so and so. Does this make kyb better than bIlstein?

I believe one can only rate coilovers on the same car....and of the same quality.

Ie I had kw v1s on the zed which I changed for hks hypermax 3. The second comparing to the first were a few centuries ahead on every aspect but i would never say kws are worse than the hks as I didn't compare the v3s to the hypermax 3. :blush:

Cheers for the opinions guys!

I have Driftworks CS2's on my skyline which are essentially re-vavled HSD's with different spring rates. They are amazing, far better than Tein's HKS's that ive used before!

But as said above i'm not sure you can compare one coilover on one car to the same on a different car!

Think i'm going to order HSD's........ as soon as Driftworks have them back in stock :bangin:

Really sorry to interfere but I had kyb on my delta which were shite and now I ve got bilstein which are so and so. Does this make kyb better than bIlstein?

I believe one can only rate coilovers on the same car....and of the same quality.

Ie I had kw v1s on the zed which I changed for hks hypermax 3. The second comparing to the first were a few centuries ahead on every aspect but i would never say kws are worse than the hks as I didn't compare the v3s to the hypermax 3. :blush:

Spot on mate :thumbs:

you need to compare like for like and on the same car. i went from hypermax wheich is supreme on the road and average on track to KW var 3 and its hard to set up for UK roads but on track its supreme. The fundermental question is what you want to use the car for most of the time. I have accepted a really poor ride comfort on DD for a perfect track day setup but it may not be someone elses cup of tea so start but deciding what you ant and budget then take it from there, cos even cheap coilies like BC racing are quite good but will never have the R&D to compete with the likes of KW or Bilsteins etc for track work.

Im not being paid, honest, but the HSD's are about the best road/track compromise Ive used. They can get a little floaty when cresting, but other than that I couldnt fault them at Donington, and the improvement on the road is marked as well. :thumbs:

If Im ever looking to replace the Hipermax on my S13 then theres a bloody good chance Ill be looking here.