How to tell if its an import?

Hi,

I'm new, and looking to buy a 350Z.

I have seen one which is for sale locally but am getting conflicting information as to whether it is an import (from people with access to various databases).

It has a UK rear bumper, but that could of been changed. Are there any other ways of telling if its an import?

It was also bought approved used from a main nissan dealer by the previous owner. I didn't think they touched imports?

Thanks

Mike

Hi mate :welcome: ,

Have you checked the V5? Ask the seller to show you the documents and provide you with the document reference number at the front. You could then go to www.motinfo.gov.uk and check it's MOT history. If it's missing a large chunk of history, it will have been imported.

They normally say 'Fairlady' on the rear.

Get the number plate and give it to your insurance company, they will confirm it for you.

There are other techincal ways of finding out if it's a JDM, this can be found in the 350z FAQ section in the Forum Index.

Is the front number plate a square?

Regards,

HAssan

Cheers :)

I asked on another forum, and someone checked on the thatch cam database at his work earlier today and it came up as a fairlady.

I'll take my laptop with me tomorrow and do the MOT thing to make sure.

Thats a UK car mate. :) Insurance companies havent a clue, its a common problem. I will move this to the intor section now for some more comments and welcomes. :thumbs:

+1 definately a UK car :thumbs:

Number plates being rectangular, headlight washer jets, rear wiper, rear towing square on bumper and bluetooth give it away. The seller also mentions it in the listing.

Looks like a good car to be fair, I'd go check it out ;)

Welcome :wave:

Admiral insurance and other companies record UK models as "fairlady" quite a common mistake thats what they say on my insurance, but it makes no difference mines a UK model without a doubt.

Purely from the photo yours looks UK to me.

Also has a UK fog light. If it's not a genuine UK car, someone has gone to a lot of trouble switching it, which is unlikely.

That would be my first choice. :thumbs:

I was chatting to the guy fitting my coilovers the other day. He said "Import is it??" and I took the ****, as from the numberplate recess on the rear bumper its obvious. :dry:

He pointed out it was an aftermarket bumper. I stopped taking the ****. :blush:

The one I posted sold today, but I have since found out it was a Cat D anyway so doesn't really matter.

Bought this today though, pick it up next Thursday :)

Silver, 65k, GT pack, Rays wheels, FSH, 12month MOT in Oldham

13529405.jpg