Torque Application ODB reader. Iphone and Android

andlid

Only see people talk about this torque application for Android but the subject title mentions iphone, so can someone confirm if it's possible to get this same app for the ipad, whether it's the iphone version or not?

Been trying to search for it on the app store but loads of things come up called torque and can't see one which is the same as described, most are to calculate torque bolts etc....

Might have to check this out. Normally I use an OBD2 lead plugged into my netbook when im diagnosing car problems for friends / family. Be easier to just use my galaxy s2 and a bluetooth dongle tho!

yeah you could sit in the garden having a pint while the person sits in the car idling away :lol:

Might have to check this out. Normally I use an OBD2 lead plugged into my netbook when im diagnosing car problems for friends / family. Be easier to just use my galaxy s2 and a bluetooth dongle tho!

yeah you could sit in the garden having a pint while the person sits in the car idling away :lol:

i like your way of thinking!!!! :lol:

i just have one like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bluetooth-ELM-327 ... 19c6bd2474

from what i remember it worked on the zed, and it defo works on the XKR, so should be fine.

admittedly i have had to hit the check engine code button a couple of times to pull the codes off, but it does read and clear them as well as feedback to the other stuff.

i just have one like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bluetooth-ELM-327 ... 19c6bd2474

from what i remember it worked on the zed, and it defo works on the XKR, so should be fine.

admittedly i have had to hit the check engine code button a couple of times to pull the codes off, but it does read and clear them as well as feedback to the other stuff.

^ I got that one above, be careful though. I've not checked it against the 350z with the full version yet so don't know 100% that all the stuff works, it's a volvo wagon that it seems to do most things on. Mine is a JDM too so might be different, you need to confirm with someone using the full version and a bluetooth dongle on a uk z. from what I've read and seen it should be fine, well worth the <20£ it'll cost to get you going. DO get a high powered charger for the car tough, it'll suck out the battery of the phone otherwise.

:thumbs:

Like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Micro-Dual-USB-Ca ... 2034wt_934

must admit it wonlt give me all features on the jag, i can read codes and get dial info etc, but it won't read the vin number off the ECU and i cant input some fugures on it for the car setup. i got it in a rush and it does the job, but i might upgrade it for a new BT dongle at some point.

Right, a few things I may be able to clear up having arsed around with this a few months ago. There's no 'Torque' application available for iPhone, but there's one called 'Rev'. The rev one works, but as the iPhones bluetooth is awkward as hell, you won't be able to use a ELM327 bluetooth dongle with it. I even tried using a jailbroken iPhone, but there wasn't a BT stack available then, although they might be now. This mean you'll have to use a wifi based dongle and these cost more.

I've also tried the ELM327 dongle on a JDM car with 'Torque' to no success. There's a way to rewire the OBD2 port to make it like a UK OBD2 port, but I've not looked into it. Eck1, a member on here has looked into it more though.

Cookie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just ordered a ELM327 OBDII bluetooth reader, and am planning to use it with the Android Torque App. Will try the free version first and then the paid version. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks to Andlid for the additional PID info! Hopefully will make it a useful little app :-)

Has anyone worked out how to get to oil temp yet, i've tried torque scan but this doesn't find it?

I use Dash Command on the iPhone and not sure you can get an Oil Temp reading as the ECU doesn't measure Oil Temp, just Oil Pressure as far as I'm aware?