Used prices guide...

gangzoom

Glass's guide is always seems lower than what you'd expect to see on autotrader.

Also, they don't seem to have the 313s listed, it appears they do on that search, but if you try it on the actual Glass's guide it shows them as 296bhp... could just be an error though.

It thinks my '07 313 Roadster with 16000 miles is worth £12,600... the only equivelant I can find on autotrader is for £16k, or £15k for 1 with 28k miles and no sat nav.

It thinks my '07 313 Roadster with 16000 miles is worth £12,600... the only equivelant I can find on autotrader is for £16k, or £15k for 1 with 28k miles and no sat nav.

I think your missing the point. It's not giving you the market value of your car.

This is the guide to what they would give you as a px for your car. So they would offer you £12,600 for yours and then try to flog it for £16k.

Pretty sure these aren't retail prices...but very good idea at what to expect when trading in a car and also how negotiation room you might have. Seems relatively accurate, my Z was Px for £8000, £300 under the 'excellent condition' valuation. I paid £20k for my 335i Which the guide valued at £19,000 :)

Glass's guide is always seems lower than what you'd expect to see on autotrader.

Also, they don't seem to have the 313s listed, it appears they do on that search, but if you try it on the actual Glass's guide it shows them as 296bhp... could just be an error though.

Excellent, saves me searching for the same car! lol.

Glasses price are similar to parkers really in that they just give the dealer a very rough estimate of the part ex value. But in reality they have no baring at all on the price you would pay on the high street or in private sales.

If you were to part ex your motor at a dealers, so many other factors come into the equation too, such as what you are part ex`ing it again - how much profit he will make on the car you are buying. Will the car you are part ex`ing be easier for him to sell than the one you are buying? Any extras on your car? Does he have a buyer lined up already for it?

With my own car, based upon the glasses estimate of £12600 and the work the dealer had to do on the car before they sold it, they probably actually made a loss on it knowing what I paid them for it! But, from what I gather, it was part ex`d in against a brand new 370z roadster, so I expect the garage made more than enough profit on that.

It's also quite optimistic: Having traded Jo's car in two weeks ago I know exactly what the computer should be saying for an excellent condition 2005 MR2, but on there's it's over by about £300.

It's no better than a rough stab in the dark IMHO.

+1 - we're looking at chopping in Amanda's Ibiza, and although the quote for it is about £6500 in Parkers, they called around other dealers and found out they are quite hard to shift atm with SEATs good deals on new cars, so dropped the price they are willing to pay to £4500 as they dont think they can shift it :thumbdown:

Its just the same as vauxhalls glass's guide. I pretty much robbed the dealers i traded my 350Z in to. They were offering me £13k for my 350Z before they had even seen it or i told them what we wanted to buy. There making a big loss on my old car which is now up for £12,995.

Its just the same as vauxhalls glass's guide. I pretty much robbed the dealers i traded my 350Z in to. They were offering me £13k for my 350Z before they had even seen it or i told them what we wanted to buy. There making a big loss on my old car which is now up for £12,995.

They still not sold it mate? Man... they must be kicking themselves now!

Unless they were happy to come out evens on the zed and trade off the profit of the car sold?

+1 - we're looking at chopping in Amanda's Ibiza, and although the quote for it is about £6500 in Parkers, they called around other dealers and found out they are quite hard to shift atm with SEATs good deals on new cars, so dropped the price they are willing to pay to £4500 as they dont think they can shift it :thumbdown:

You tried we buy any car? Ive sold a couple to them now at more than dealers were offering on trade in :thumbs:

Unless they were happy to come out evens on the zed and trade off the profit of the car sold?

The car needs 2 rear tyres and a service before they sell it on not to mention other costs involved in transporting the car and turning it around. The car we brought was up for £6250 at another dealership, we ended up getting it for £5900 OTR delivered and they did quite a bit of work on it to get it mint so i dont think there was much profit in that car either.