Hit a humongus pot hole!!!

jumping350

Problem one hit basically a crater left by superman now my front left wheel continuosly squeels and whines anyone know what that could be???

cost to fix??

i got some pics below...now what do i do with them ??who do i go to to claim??

sorry bout props had nothing else to use to measure hole :lol: i have got other pics for evidence to

the third pics my lighter in it!!!

you'll need to take it into a garage and get them to check out all the gubbins behind the wheel, bearings etc. also make sure the alloy isn't buckled and out of balance, the tyres are ok, the alignment is ok, etc. if you are billing it all to the council make sure it's checked and fixed properly :)

you'll be lucky to get any cash out of the council; they are currntly tighter than a nun's chuff; when it comes to giving money out.

they'll listen, nod, sound sympathtic, reasure you....then hang up and laugh at you with their mates.

Rich, you clearly don't know the right Nuns :scare:;)

you'll be lucky to get any cash out of the council; they are currntly tighter than a nun's chuff; when it comes to giving money out.

they'll listen, nod, sound sympathtic, reasure you....then hang up and laugh at you with their mates.

i sometimes work for the council so know a few people so hopefully the fat cats at the top can open their wallet, it is riduculous the size of the pothole i was shocked when i went back and looked, will have to get car checked out now again and see what they say

The next billionaire...the person who can invent tarmac that just stays flat and solid when its a bit cold out...is it really that difficult?

its when its wet and then freezes, as water expands when it freezes, if there is an imperfection water runs into it, sits and then expands. add to that people then driving over it. it all slowly builds up.

you could finish the surface so that it had no flaws there for water would run off and not cause issue. but you would then have a surface like teflon. and that doesn;t make for the best grip.

swings and roundabouts. normal tarmac is fine, as long as its maintained. but there is your problem.

Easy, make the roads out of Michelin rubber ;)

and then the MPG would be horrific as there would be way to much surface friction between tyres and a rubberr road surface.

on a bonus though, falling over on tarmac would no longer hurt.

Yeah but then you make the tyres out of tarmac :lol:

and the weight of the vehicle and the ride comfort go up the pi$$er :shrug:

the advantage of rubber tyres is they allow the vehicle to adapt to the surface as you travel across it; if the road was rubber it would change as you move across it,which could result in negative camber and all kinds of funny ride characteristics you wouldn't want in a car.

not only that you'd be replacing the roads far more frequently as the rubber wares away quicker.

and if you hit a curb in your tarmac tyres, you'll end up with terrible deformation.