Button - worlds best driver?

WINKJ

Is it only me who think he is an arrogant useless Muppet... Who got LUCKY yesterday...

NO respect for his team mate or pit crew?

I mean he doesn't even know WHERE his pits are!

and closing the door on anyone, let alone your team mate is a huge no-no... he KNEW he was there... :thumbdown:

Is it only me who think he is an arrogant useless Muppet... Who got LUCKY yesterday...

and closing the door on anyone, let alone your team mate is a huge no-no... he KNEW he was there... :thumbdown:

Quite possibly.

Quite possibly.

:lol:

I just don't get him... he is arrogant without being THAT good.

Sure, he had the skills when he won the championship... but he has gone off the boil for some reason this season (Bar his pretty incredible performance yesterday)

But wasn't that just because he had put his main competitor (Lewis) out?

:blush:

He is definitely an inconsistent driver but he he does tend to seriously shine in wet conditions.

I don't see the arrogant thing myself, I've always quite liked him.

Hamilton on the other hand reminds me of a petulant, spoilt child. He's undoubtedly a very skilled driver but not quite as skilled as he thinks he is. To my mind he's trying to emulate Schumacher of old, creating a presence on the track and bullying people out of the way. This only works if the other drivers are scared of you in the first place which they don't appear to be at the moment.

I disagree that Button knew he was there yesterday, all Button would have seen in his mirrors would be spray. Hamilton was simply going for a gap that didn't exist, and against your own team mate that's just unbelievable. And his claim that the pit crew were wrong to retire him as he only had tyre damage was refuted less than 5 mins later by the pit crew reporting suspension damage to his car.

I may be being unfair to him but he just reminds me of a schoolboy pointing at all his classmates and shouting, "Him Miss! It was him!" and never taking responsibility for his own actions. Case in point was the early collision with Webber last night. It was just one of those things, a little too much slippage, nothing malicious or dangerous but when Hamilton was asked about it he tried to avoid the question. Most other drivers would just have held their hands up and said, "It was wet and slippy".

No door closing there, Hamilton deserves a good point beasting or position drop for pulling a stupid manoeuvre in terrible conditions. JB had that line for 100's of yards, it's the arrogant team mate (touch of the Schumacher, without the skill?) that thinks everyone should be out of his way! :bangin:

To come from dead last through to that win = pure class B)

He is definitely an inconsistent driver but he he does tend to seriously shine in wet conditions.

Hamilton on the other hand reminds me of a petulant, spoilt child. He's undoubtedly a very skilled driver but not quite as skilled as he thinks he is. To my mind he's trying to emulate Schumacher of old, creating a presence on the track and bullying people out of the way. This only works if the other drivers are scared of you in the first place which they don't appear to be at the moment.

I disagree that Button knew he was there yesterday, all Button would have seen in his mirrors would be spray. Hamilton was simply going for a gap that didn't exist, and against your own team mate that's just unbelievable. And his claim that the pit crew were wrong to retire him as he only had tyre damage was refuted less than 5 mins later by the pit crew reporting suspension damage to his car.

I may be being unfair to him but he just reminds me of a schoolboy pointing at all his classmates and shouting, "Him Miss! It was him!" and never taking responsibility for his own actions. Case in point was the early collision with Webber last night. It was just one of those things, a little too much slippage, nothing malicious or dangerous but when Hamilton was asked about it he tried to avoid the question. Most other drivers would just have held their hands up and said, "It was wet and slippy".

Very well said :thumbs:

Quite how anyone believes Button is arrogant is beyond me, especially when you look at some of his fellow competitors out there who have also won champoinships

and on that 350th post MacW, please claim your free 350 window sticker from M13KYF ;):D

Hamilton will bounce back from the last two races, he will learn from them and in a month or two it will be all forgotten and everyone will be saying what a fantastic driver he is again. :)

A month is a long time in motor racing!

Lewis was outstanding and what with keeping his cool after the dramas getting him to the grid. Jenson was a right plonker going into the RB bay :doh: And if he wants to retain his Maclaren seat he needs to up his game.

Hamilton will bounce back from the last two races, he will learn from them and in a month or two it will be all forgotten and everyone will be saying what a fantastic driver he is again. :)

I hope he does learn from it, but somehow I doubt it. Real shame as he is an amazing driver, he just cant drive like its on an Xbox and shove it up the inside with no space all the time :surrender:

That was an outstanding drive from JB. It was interesting that before the race they were concerned that they might struggle with the set up of the car if it was too dry but it worked perfectly for him.

Lewis just needs to calm down a bit. He was the same last year getting to aggressive (remember his crash with Webber in Singapore?). He needs to learn to bide his time and wait for proper overtaking opportunities rather than half chances which result in a crash.

I don't think he's arrogant. Hamo on the other hand...

Button had the racing line and was always on it and always moving over. Just because someone has more drive off a corner doesn't mean they get a free ticket past. The Heidfeld and Kobayashi thing was similar but Hamilton had more time to think. I like Button, when he's on it he's really on it. He's just too inconsistent - a bit like Webber. It was good to see Vettel under pressure for a change....

Must just be me not knowing what I am talking about then :blush:

Yep. ;)

The best drive and performance of the season so far, by a long way.

Yay BJ!

You multitasking LG? :lol:

Hadn't even realised I'd hit 350 no that, will send a PM shortly. Although my car is pretty well stickered up from the previous owner anyway :thumbs:

All the great drivers have been able to pull off daring passing moves (Senna, Scuimacher etc.) There does seem to be a different attitude these days of, you are not going to pass at any cost. Not pointing the blame at Button for the Lewis incident though. Whether its the fact they have no traction control now, so are unable to control the car when putting it into a debateable gap.

All the great drivers have been able to pull off daring passing moves (Senna, Scuimacher etc.) There does seem to be a different attitude these days of, you are not going to pass at any cost. Not pointing the blame at Button for the Lewis incident though. Whether its the fact they have no traction control now, so are unable to control the car when putting it into a debateable gap.

WTF?

They now HAVE control. TCS leaves it to electrickery and the devil's work - they now have full control with their right foot, steering wheel, experience and skill.

Do hope he does or Liam will be bouncing at Silverstone. :teeth:

I have to agree with you. I have never been much of a fan of Hamilton's attitude. I don't think Button intended to run Hamilton off like that. When you can barely see in front of you, I doubt mirrors the size they have are particularly useful.

Lewis was outstanding and what with keeping his cool after the dramas getting him to the grid. Jenson was a right plonker going into the RB bay :doh:And if he wants to retain his Maclaren seat he needs to up his game.

Glad he listened to me :teeth:

I personally like Button as a driver, its a shame he isn't very consistent, but he has a much better attitude and sportsmanship about him than most F1 drivers right now. He doesnt blame people, and doesnt take a win for granted. I would much rather see Button win the championship over Hamilton. Button paid his dues being a back runner for god knows how many years, Hamilton came in with everything handed to him from day 1 in F1.

Button is a good driver, just not ruthless like Vettel, Hamilton, Schumacher, Webber. He doesn't want to take silly moves so him blocking like he did against Hamilton was so not on purpose!

we're not talking about Button here.....

Lewis was outstanding and what with keeping his cool after the dramas getting him to the grid. Jenson was a right plonker going into the RB bay :doh: And if he wants to retain his Maclaren seat he needs to up his game.

Button is second in the world championship..... why does he need to up his game? I think you are confused with Hamilton!