My 3D TV Experience

Right...

So I posted up a few weeks ago about whether or not to get a 3D TV.

A lot of people were giving good opinions, but a deal came up for a 46" Bravia 3d that was too good to pass up...

So I got the tv, ordered some universal 3d glasses, they were not compatible so sent them back and bought a couple of brand new Sony ones... They arrived tody..

Well tonight I just watched Tron Legacy in 3D and I was blown away, Ive seen the film before but in three day its just astounding, the picture and effects are breathtakingly good... Plus the soundtrack is epic.. This post however is not about the film its about the TV. Day to Day the TV is a 2d tv and is amazing... The odd time you want to watch a 3d tv like I did tonight then its epic...

For anyone like me who was unsure about going down the 3D route I say go for it, yes it will get cheaper and maybe better in the future but ive had the best night in ages sat in my man room with my tv and a glass of scotch..

:thumbs:

I got a Samsung 50in 3D a few months ago, in fact built a whole new room around it. Like you was unsure when i went looking for a new teli, but for £999 i thought it was a good deal anyway.

On the Plus side,,, Its fanatstic, great movie experience, and also fantastic picture in 2d also.

On the down side,,,, There arnt enough 3d films to buy or rent, i can only hope with time they will become more common as there great. The best 3D film iv'e got is Piraha 3D with kelly Brook, the effects on that are great, for me better than Tron 3D

didn't realise kelly brook was in piranah. Might just.. go... and.. find that one... 54.gif

Saw it at the pictures..... she goes full naked.... I mean FULL naked :cloud9::cloud9:

Hmmm ... I think I may have to acquire a copy to judje for myself ... LoL

:cloud9:

didn't realise kelly brook was in piranah. Might just.. go... and.. find that one... 54.gif

Saw it at the pictures..... she goes full naked.... I mean FULL naked :cloud9::cloud9:

Hmmm ... I think I may have to acquire a copy to judje for myself ... LoL

:cloud9:

I am a member of Lovefilm and had a copy of said film arrive on the doorstep recently. Got myself all excited at the prospect of seeing Kelly in her full glory. How gutted was I when the film froze and for the life of my I couldn't get it to start again, faulty disc!

Sent it back, hopefully will get another copy soon.

BBC are covering Wimbledon in 3D. Have to say that Tennis is not my cup of tea. This is quite a test though. If they find that live sport can come across well in 3D it will lead the way to a lot more 3D TV. If it fails, think it will put 3D back quite a bit on Terestial Tv.

I found it worse at the cinema.

At home you can pause it, have 5mins for a tea break and then your ok.

I tried playing Black Ops in 3d but couldn't get into it, you need to have your Wits about you and not admire views in that game.

i played wipeout 3d at mattboweys and its brilliant, i think its because the game was completely made to be 3d

i love my blu-rays.

Same here, im building up quite a collection now. You do have to check the reviews before you buy them though, as some are just dvd transfers and not worth the money. Others really do blow you away with how sharp and the definition they have compared to dvd.

• 2 weeks later...

My 3D experience hasn't been so good. First off, I wear glasses when I am at the cinema, which results in me having to wear 2 pairs of glasses at the cinema (normal and 3D). This is not very comfy, and I can never work out which pair of glasses I need to clean.

I've also noticed that a lot of cinemas are only showing the 3D version of the movie, due to being able to make a lot more money from them. I saw Megamind in 3D and it added nothing at all to the film.

I also played Gran Tourismo on the PS3 whilst out in Thailand. I was very focused on the game and didn't really notice the 3D, so again I found it quite pointless.

I'm yet to be sold and it'll take some effort to change my mind. I'm holding out for 4D.

3D at the cinema, imo, isn't as good as 3D at home, probably due to the active shutter.

I got my 3D TV back in November, and have since changed it again to a newer model (at the weekend). The technology has moved on slightly already, less crosstalk and blutooth glasses to prevent sync issues.

In a dark room, with a good 3D movie (Avatar, Christmas Carol), you can't beat it. Although I try not to look in the mirror, as they look awful on.

I wouldn't use the cinema 3D experience to judge 3D in general. I've tried a few games in 3D (Motorstorm / COD), but I find it too difficult to concentrate.

Still, you can pick up some 3D TVs now for less than £800 :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...