Nurburgring on Saturday. *Updated with pics pg2*

marzman

Hi all,

As some of you know, i'm off to the ring for my first time on Saturday morning... :yahoo:

Im leaving at 6am from just south of Manchester, getting the ferry from Dover at lunchtime, and will be in Nurburg for around 8pm. Then on Sunday morning i will be doing a few laps of the track, and then driving home again :D I should be home by about midnight on Sunday... it will be a long couple of days :surrender:

Anyway, i will be meeting Bennett over there (GT4 Zed), and Will350z i believe, so looking forward to meeting you guys :thumbs: And i'd also like to thank Bennett for taking the time to give me advise on what to do, and what to expect etc... :thumbs:

Wish me luck...! :drive1

Hey Chris,

Yup I will be there, really looking forward to it, little bit nervous too though, ok terrified lol. Nah can't wait, should be a great experience.

Bit concerned though as my boss asked me to submit all my current work and make sure I hand it over to a colleague before I go......

We will be leaving very early on Saturday and back on Monday night. The GT racing on Saturday should show us how to tackle the ring.

Any advise guys?

Must remember the ear plugs for the k1 :teeth:

Looking forward to a great weekend, will see you in Germany.

Eh Chris i see the fever is coming on now :lol: the rush will get bigger as you hit the road the when you finally arrive there gates of the 'green hell'. But as you take on the track you will taste adrenalin in your mouth but after the first lap it will suddenly dawn on you that you have made it and it is not as bad as the rumours then you will begin to relax and enjoy yourself :D The hardest part was to make the decision to go :thumbs: Just keep a clear head, drive safe and let it come to you.

Eh Chris i see the fever is coming on now :lol: the rush will get bigger as you hit the road the when you finally arrive there gates of the 'green hell'. But as you take on the track you will taste adrenalin in your mouth but after the first lap it will suddenly dawn on you that you have made it and it is not as bad as the rumours then you will begin to relax and enjoy yourself :D The hardest part was to make the decision to go :thumbs: Just keep a clear head, drive safe and let it come to you.

Well said, can't wait

I'm going on Saturday as well! I'm getting the 6 am ferry from Dover but I'm staying until Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately I won't be in the 350 but this time I'm going in my Ford Racing Puma. Come and say hi if you see me. Reg X52 FLE.

Enjoy your trip. I cannot wait!

Ross

Well said, can't wait

+1 well said - has got me right in the mood for it... :D

I just hope it stays dry while we're there...

Restell- i'll keep my eye put. :thumbs:

I'll try to take as many pics as i can whilst there...

The ring is under new management and they don't close it as often due to accidents and repairs. Keep an eye on the road for yellow flags and speed limit signs....on the ring!

On the other hand the F1 track is included now (or it was a few weeks ago when I went ) so after the first straight there is a set of corners that take you to the start-finish straight of the F1 track....it's awesome!

Have a great time! You ll love it

HI Guys,

I Saw you over there, your Zed looks very nice...It was a pleasure to meet Bennett and Will as well...and i am pretty sure he forgot his ear plugs..the k1 exhaust is so loud......Nurburgring was amazing can not wait to go again what a rush..... :thumbs:

HI Guys,

I Saw you over there, your Zed looks very nice...It was a pleasure to meet Bennett and Will as well...and i am pretty sure he forgot his ear plugs..the k1 exhaust is so loud......Nurburgring was amazing can not wait to go again what a rush..... :thumbs:

Hi Gill, were you staying at the same place as Bennet and Will? I saw your zed too. How did you get on on track? I only managed 2 laps due to the closures, but it was still awesome!

I'm going on Saturday as well! I'm getting the 6 am ferry from Dover but I'm staying until Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately I won't be in the 350 but this time I'm going in my Ford Racing Puma. Come and say hi if you see me. Reg X52 FLE.

Enjoy your trip. I cannot wait!

Ross

Just incase the PM didnt work :thumbs:

http://highspeedfotos.de/Coppermine/dis ... 853&pos=19

IMG_0203.jpg

http://highspeedfotos.de/Coppermine/thu ... 53&page=10

IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

Hey Chris, did you check out the ring-bilder website, it was our hotel manager and he took some nice pics of your car

I did will, cheers - you made my day :thumbs: I have emailed him as i want to buy one of them. There was just the 3 of mine entering the carousel, right?

Here's a few pics i've found on some of the photographers websites, plus then some pics i took this weekend, and a video of my first lap.

IMG_2105.jpg

_1269508.jpg

_1269509.jpg

_1269510.jpg

DSCF8749.jpg

Ring_073.jpg

Ring_267.jpg

Ring_525.jpg

_1269503.jpg

DSCF8746.jpg

DSCF8742.jpg

DSCF8744.jpg

DSCF8726.jpg

DSCF8721.jpg

DSCF8704.jpg

DSCF8699.jpg

And the video... spent most of my time looking in the rearview mirror... :blush: