Vinyl wrap on or off?

michael2516

Hey guys, recently got the roof and bonnet wrapped in black vinyl but really dont think it looks good at all, I had bought 5 meters of gloss black vinyl, only to be told by the fitter that it was crap vinyl and would scratch too easily :bang: , so he then suggested that I go for the 3m matt black vinyl that he could supply and fit, ive been wanting this done for a while now, so I rushed into saying yes!

Anyway heres a pic of what it looks like on, must say they guy who fitted it was a top bloke and he did a great job on fitting it! but just dont think it works with car :thumbdown: so should I keep the roof wrapped and lose the bonnet? or keep it all?

Oh and the rear spoiler and front bit of the bumper is due to get wrapped next week in carbon fibre!

320.jpg

319-1.jpg

324.jpg

385.jpg

396.jpg

Roof looks B)

Bonnet, should look nice but I think wrapping the front part of the bumper doesn't work so well abnd takes away from it somewhat.

But it's your car, not happy with it, just whip it off.

now im a huge fan of the black bits.. but i thought it might look abit better. i think its the matt black that makes it abit dull. i like the roof and its not in ya face, but i agree with the other guys maybe loose the bonnet! i like CF on the blue 350s not seem many with the silver / grey with the black, i can say yours looks very unique with it on. Your car though so up to u , whatever u will u go for , least its just wrapped not painted hehe :thumbs:

Cheers for the comments guys, tbh im not really a fan off the whole car wrapped in matt black, if I was going to do the whole car id prob go for something a bit mad, it looks well on the z with the veilside kit but not on standard :blush: Ill see how I feel about it when I get the carbon bits added, ive been looking for an excuse to get rid of the rays, and if I keep the vinyl on I mite go for a set or rotas like these in matt black B)

rotap45rkh1.jpg

i think the car needs more to it to carry it off, maybe bigger wheels and a body kit.

might work better if you'd done the bonnet and roof in carbon.

hexis is good stuff.

speak to RT Performance with their 30% off its not a bad idea, and from what i've seen and heard their work is top quality. or if you're not able to travel that far, i can supply you with hexis vinyl in a range of colours; big enough to do a bonnet or roof. or both. you can then go back to your local guy, or have a go yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49257&hilit=+rtcustomz