Outer Hebridean Trip **PIC HEAVY**

The G Man

As some of you may be aware, I recently went on a wee road trip B) There was me, my Mrs and my friend and his Mrs in their RX8.

We started in Oban and had an Island Hopper ticket with Cal Mac ferries, cost was £189 for car and two adults. For this we had a ferry crossing from Oban to Barra, Barra to Eriskay, North Uist to South Harris and Stornaway in Lewis to Ullapool Wester Ross on the mainland. The timings were pre-booked and were to allow touring before departure.

We did around 800 miles in total, including the drive to Oban. Hotels and accommodation were difficult to book as we left it a bit late but the ones we got were superb. The food was superb except when we had an Indian meal, that was rank! The seafood is superb, and I can recommend Hebridean Smoked Salmon from South Uist, http://www.hebrideansmokehouse.com/cate ... _Sea_Trout.

The beaches are the cleanest and biggest I've ever seen and you are guaranteed an empty one :#1:

Anyway here are a few photo's B)

015.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

052.jpg

049.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

038.jpg

035.jpg

032.jpg

030.jpg

026.jpg

023.jpg

012-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

044-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

017-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

039-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

042-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

034-2.jpg

036-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

050-1.jpg

039-3.jpg

043-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

010-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

Loving the pics G!

I was sitting looking and saying, " I can't believe they neve had any wine..." And then I spied Dougie with wine glass :lol: looks awesome mate! Wish I was with you's ;):thumbs:

Looks like a great trip, really enjoyed the pictures. I've done a similar journey many years ago but was lucky enough to do it by boat, island hopping up the west coast and outer hebrides.

I couldn't see it clearly but is the RX8 from Oban? I've seen a red one around Oban before all stickered up LeMan style...

Chris it did arrive mate, on the morning of our departure, just didn't get the opportunity to get it on mate :thumbs:

Ah Neil, now you know we like a tipple, one glass with our picnic of smoked salmon, scallops, salmon pate and oatcakes on Husinish beach B)

Oedo, it is from Oban :thumbs: , well Seil actually, my mate Dougie's and you would see it round loads :thumbs:

What a stunning trip. Some lovely pics there. I hope that seagull didn't leave a deposit. :scare:

Some great pics and scenery there, and some of the roads look an interesting drive :D

Just what I was thinking. Can almost imagine a horse and cart cruising along there a few hundred years ago in the muck. :thumbs:

What a stunning trip. Some lovely pics there. I hope that seagull didn't leave a deposit. :scare:

Some great pics and scenery there, and some of the roads look an interesting drive :D

Just what I was thinking. Can almost imagine a horse and cart cruising along there a few hundred years ago in the muck. :thumbs:

Hey Immz - its the Hebrides - what d'you mean a few hundred years ago? - they still are :lol:

Local road sign...

amish.jpg

Local meet....

amish_parking_lot.jpg

I was thinking the same :thumbs:

Very nice landscape I have to say, love the tranquillity and quiet roads.