Fantastic gesture

max

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people may of taken this as a personal dig at Martin or any indvidual which it was not, Martin is a very good friend, my dig was at the bias of the forum, Wales seems to get all the support and coverage, I Know Colin and Dave do a lot to make Wales what it is but others also put a lot of time and effort into this forum, I sometimes think the forum is becoming like the rally of great Britain its based in Wales.

Max.

Fair enough but theres a way to say it....and this wasn't it. :dry:

Some people may of taken this as a personal dig at Martin or any indvidual which it was not, Martin is a very good friend, my dig was at the bias of the forum, Wales seems to get all the support and coverage, I Know Colin and Dave do a lot to make Wales what it is but others also put a lot of time and effort into this forum, I sometimes think the forum is becoming like the rally of great Britain its based in Wales.

Max.

+1

what about us poor bastards in scotland, we're lucky to get a show a year subsidised :lol: Scotlands a black patch on the forum map ;):lol: Hey ho, thats the way it is and you just have to deal with it.

Max.

But surely Max, wales gets all the support and coverage because its our most consistant and biggest annual event? thats been built on a foundation laid by Jacko back in 2006, i came onboard and took over from 2007 and Colin as come to the fore in recent years and we now help each other along with ChrisS to make it what it is today :) The forum currently as no other similar event at the moment, but hopefully Martin will correct this issue with LakeZ and i really wish him all the best with it and hopefully we will see a return of the hoon too.

But please note the Wales meet does not get all the support, the forum as given subsidised tickets to other events based around the country in recent years with money raised through the forum. So in all the forum is not based in Wales, we just happen to have what a lot see as our currently only premier event there which started back in 2006 iirc with a Sunday afternoon ice cream for about 8-9 cars which you were part of to the heady height of 2009 with 60+ cars to the more refined event we have now :)

I have an idea. I am sure everyone would be happy to pay £6 a head for the Buffet/BBQ at North Wales and donate the money, together with the wristband charity money already raised, to the Japan Tsunami/Earthquake appeal :thumbs: Sorted :thumbs:

Lets keep this in perspective please. Wales has (to my knowledge) never had any funding from the club. This year we decided that beacuse of our very generour members and traders, we would say a little thank you and pay for the BBQ. This decision was not taken lightly. We havent decided what else we will be subsidising this year, its one of the teams things to talk about when we meet up at Wales, so dont assume LakeZ or even a Hoon wont have a similar "thank you".

If people have a problem with the way the funds are distrobuted then take it up with a member of the team. We are not a commitee, nor do you "pay" to use the site (note this is different to donating, which you are not forced to do), and for many years the traders donations barely covered the running of the site. We are now big enough this covers a bit more, and we are working out how it should be best used to maximum effect.

And Sarnie we most appreciated your donations, but you may get a ban if you stop :p

So should we keep the receipts for the petrol and bring them on Sunday to be refunded by the club? :lol:

:drive1

Thought you had made your 3rd £ Million selling those sausages you mentioned recently...............well I think Beavis will give you a top up from his private jet if you are a bit short of fuel :lol:

In my opinion, Wales may get the most coverage because;

- It consistently gets the most attendee's

- It's relatively central to most UK members

- It has a history dating back five years or so

- It encompasses something that the +1's can relate to ( saturday shopping in chester, night out and Carvery in Bala etc) which is a massive plus to most people wanting to attend

- It also combines the best stuff from all other meets (driving, static elements and not to mention eating & drinking)

- The area has some great driving roads such as the Evo Triangle

:)

In my opinion, Wales may get the most coverage because;

- It consistently gets the most attendee's

- It's relatively central to most UK members

- It has a history dating back five years or so

- It encompasses something that the +1's can relate to ( saturday shopping in chester, night out and Carvery in Bala etc) which is a massive plus to most people wanting to attend

- It also combines the best stuff from all other meets (driving, static elements and not to mention eating & drinking)

- The area has some great driving roads such as the Evo Triangle

:)

Well said - you'll make a mod one day, when you finally get a 370z! :lol:

The event goes back so far that even Sarnie attended in his old Zed :wheelchair:

Wales has (to my knowledge) never had any funding from the club.

+1 This will be the first time for any type of funding and Wales is now in its sixth year ;)

The event goes back so far that even Sarnie attended in his old Zed :wheelchair:

And got a heavy fine and a ban for his trouble iirc :lol:

I'm not knocking Martin or Lakez by the way.

But it's like comparing the Champions League to the Europa League, one will always be favoured/bigger but they can co-exist side by side.

:thumbs:

And yes, in 2006 I got a driving ban affter getting clocked doing three figures on the motorway on my way to the Wales event :oops::sorry::lol:

Max.

+1

what about us poor bastards in scotland, we're lucky to get a show a year subsidised :lol: Scotlands a black patch on the forum map ;):lol: Hey ho, thats the way it is and you just have to deal with it.

I hope that was a sarcastic reply. Scotland DOES get subsidies for shows and the BBQ at the last hoon was paid for by the club. It's not the club or any members fault that Scotland has less shows than England. What about Wales (excluding our big meet) or Northern Ireland?

Both Anders and myself fully expect to get some burgers posted over to Rep of Ireland from all future BBQ/buffets in the UK. No sauce on mine please and Anders likes bacon (loads of it).

:p

:lol: agreed...

FYI you got to take this road if you go to Wales, great on the bike:

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=A4069+Rd&daddr=Wales,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&geocode=FSROFwMdvUHF_w%3BFdqgIAMdl43F_yntDxxstjRkSDGi6KWKvHG7Hg&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=11&sll=51.879458,-3.771744&sspn=0.167431,0.401688&ie=UTF8&z=11

Max.

Wales has and is the main event of the year with the biggest attendance and now over three days instead of one. Some events we discount the ticket price like Time Attack at Oulton Park or a similar event at Knockhill (Scotland). We cant do every event as funds don't allow. Now if perhaps you were on a bit more regularly Max you would see this but first please check before you think your missing out.

Max.

+1

I hope that was a sarcastic reply. Scotland DOES get subsidies for shows and the BBQ at the last hoon was paid for by the club. It's not the club or any members fault that Scotland has less shows than England. What about Wales (excluding our big meet) or Northern Ireland?

Im sure a lot of scottish members feel like scotland gets left out alot with likes of club banners etc, we only have one moderator for when there's big forum arguments :lol: (and a sterling job you do also) and this is purely down to the lack of dedication and numbers we have at shows from our members. This is just the way it is and we have to make do with what we have. My point is that we shouldnt expect to get things subsidised by the forum. Yeah sure every little help but things like BBQ's etc, it's a couple of quid each and this guy max is moaning about it. Obviously the successful events have some cash thrown at them as they want to motivate people to come again and give a little to the members who make the effort.

The last run that myself and George done, we went out and spent around 40quid each on stuff for the BBQ to give everyone some grub, all we asked was that the guys could go onto help the heroes donations and donate whatever they could afford. I don't think many people did though but that's besides the point. If I was max I'd be hugely embarrassed about posting about something so minuscule as a couple of quid for food.

I thought Stew had a set of banners? :wacko:If I remember rightly we have 3 sets - 1 in Scotland, 2 sets in England - North and South - and none in Wales. Unfortunately we dont have enough dosh to have a set in every county :lol: I know what you mean though Neil.

There isn't any bases for them though. :dry:
Jay has the banners in Scotland. :)

What kind of bases? The ones you drive onto, or the ones you push/screw into the ground? I'll have a word with Mr Mac after Wales and see if he can knock some up. FWIW I dont think I have hardstanding bases for the flags I have, just for the event shelter.