Split thread from what the z says about you.

stevie_350z

1 was also bright yellow

:teeth:

like custard?;)

Anything like this:

Yeah005.jpg

:teeth:

I loved my kuro zed for the car it was. I love my UY zed for the car it is and the attention grabs. It goes without saying that I am a attention seeking whore. :D Hell, with a UY zed, i'm a fully paid up member B)

Sarnie, are you parked outside a school? Weren't you warned about that kind of thing? :teeth:

Speaking of yummy mummies... I visited a place called the Zoom Zone with my sis + her kid... I had no idea how lovely some of these young mums are!

I'm trying to find a reason to go back there to suggest they open it on a night, young mums only, with the big rubber slide coated in baby oil! YEAH BABY!

Well, to be honest, since I got the car back the only thing that has had a go was a DB9 and a 911. Before, when the car was approx 400bhp, it walloped a 355, 911 no probs at all.

Tell you what, I think Aston are inflating their power figures, I wasnt running full boost, and the Aston was dog slow in comparison.

What boost were you running and could you translate that into BHP

About 11psi at the time. Must be in the region of 450bhp, with torque probably about 450 lb/ft.

Another thing that makes me think about the Aston figures is this. My friend who has a 200sx running 300bhp had a proper go against one. He said that the Aston was just managing to pull on him, albeit very slowly. To put it in comparison, he said that the Aston was that little bit quicker than his car, in the same way that my old Vortech Zed used to be quicker than his.

With my car running 11psi, the Aston was totally, and I mean totally murdered. :scare::boxing:

I would have gone upto full boost, but was struggling for traction badly as it was.

Well, to be honest, since I got the car back the only thing that has had a go was a DB9 and a 911. Before, when the car was approx 400bhp, it walloped a 355, 911 no probs at all.

Tell you what, I think Aston are inflating their power figures, I wasnt running full boost, and the Aston was dog slow in comparison.

About 11psi at the time. Must be in the region of 450bhp, with torque probably about 450 lb/ft.

Another thing that makes me think about the Aston figures is this. My friend who has a 200sx running 300bhp had a proper go against one. He said that the Aston was just managing to pull on him, albeit very slowly. To put it in comparison, he said that the Aston was that little bit quicker than his car, in the same way that my old Vortech Zed used to be quicker than his.

With my car running 11psi, the Aston was totally, and I mean totally murdered. :scare::boxing:

I would have gone upto full boost, but was struggling for traction badly as it was.

Do you have a Turbo Boost button like knight rider :yahoo:

Speaking of yummy mummies... I visited a place called the Zoom Zone with my sis + her kid... I had no idea how lovely some of these young mums are!

I'm trying to find a reason to go back there to suggest they open it on a night, young mums only, with the big rubber slide coated in baby oil! YEAH BABY!

That would be a fantastic TV series :teeth:

I found with the Zed people always seemed to think boy racer, give it a go etc

It got a bit much, I still miss the car it is such a drivers machine and very good out of the box.

The monaro is totally different, for one it is actually built solid with no rattles but aside from that it is understated and doesnt get any real attention until the throttle is opened up.

Its much more relaxing to drive and own but I'd say more fun in someways less so in others.

I think the image of the Zed is always going to be a bit poncy/racerish (not in a bad way) because thats the image any nice car gets thanks to the majority of the publics jealousy.

Sorry to go off topic slightly, so when you had your Vortech, (running at 400 bhp?) it only just managed to pull away from a 200sx running 300 bhp?

Guest prescience

Bap,

I agree with you on DB9s; I didn't race that many cars when I had my Vortech but I did have 2 runs with a DB9 on one occasion - definitely had it over him both times; pulling away relatively easily :)

Sorry to go off topic slightly, so when you had your Vortech, (running at 400 bhp?) it only just managed to pull away from a 200sx running 300 bhp?

So a riced up 200 kept up with an aston (just)? If they were propperly playing and it was a straight run (as bends negate power advantages full stop) the 200 may well have kept with the aston but at a given speed the aston would have just started to pull away quicker and quicker and quicker.

My car is fast, ferkin fast, it has dollops of grunt but off the lights lesser cars will keep up due to gearing and weight - the difference being mine will pull strong all the way up to over 160 without effort.

Also the gearing too, I can guarantee that Aston has much much longer gearing than the 200. I can drop to a 3.9 diff and get 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 mile with the exact same engine. Ponies dont always tell the tale.

A 200sx weighs very little - try pushing your thumb into the door panels on an S13 - boing!

ANYWAY - MEANWHILE BACK ON TOPIC...

I have 'canvassed' people from other car clubs on this very topic - and discovered that many of the people who went down the porker or bimma route just couldn't stand the snobbishness and condescending natures of the owners on their club forums - and guess what? That was an actual factor in choosing to come back to a car where the member's club was 'full of the sort of people they wanted to be rubbing shoulders with'.

These aren't isolated cases either. What really puzzles me though, is the 350Z. It's a car designed to appeal to the buyer who uses his head as much as his heart - after all, it's a realistic propostion on paper for the cost/power available. That's why I think so many people here have not come from the Jap sports community. That's not the case with the Toyota, Honda, and even *other* Nissan owners in the past. And as a result, the 'character profile' -perceived, or in actuality - of a 350Z owner is still a relatively unknown quantity.

So a riced up 200 kept up with an aston (just)? If they were propperly playing and it was a straight run (as bends negate power advantages full stop) the 200 may well have kept with the aston but at a given speed the aston would have just started to pull away quicker and quicker and quicker.

My car is fast, ferkin fast, it has dollops of grunt but off the lights lesser cars will keep up due to gearing and weight - the difference being mine will pull strong all the way up to over 160 without effort.

Also the gearing too, I can guarantee that Aston has much much longer gearing than the 200. I can drop to a 3.9 diff and get 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 mile with the exact same engine. Ponies dont always tell the tale.

An aston would probobly be quicker in a straight line but would have no chance round the corners against a slighty fettled 200 they only weigh 1260kg and as you know its all about power to weight I did a 13.4 qaurter and did my first 60 foot in 2 seconds dead my terminal was 106 my 200 only had 280 bhp it also used to pull hard to 170 due to the turbo over boosting it makes my standard Z feel slow especially top end whats the aston do a qaurter in?

I dont doubt it fella but thats the advantage of shorter gearing and much forced air into the engine :D

I took my car when standard to the 1/4 mile and was mullered but much smaller cars like a stripped out 305 - embarrassing really but the ro struggled for traction and the long gearing didnt help. The best mod for me to improve things would be to alter the rear dif - a simple no engine mod will take of 1.5 seconds seeing me at or under 13, with engine mods 12s are the norm.

The two cars are so different, as I said I really miss the handling of the 350z as it is so crisp but then I actually prefer the ro perversely as it handles very nice but is a bit more wayward.

Good to see the car is still running - your input could be required on this thread -> http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/to ... 1&f=69&h=0 I know you're not having issues but you will no more about the problems giles and others have had with APS

So, when a moderator's thread is taken off topic (specifically the club admin) he has a tantrum, throws out thinly veiled abuse, and locks it.

When a genuinely constructive & intelligent thread is posted and it is skewed completely off topic, they do sod all, even when asked by the thread originator to keep it to topic. And in fact contribute to the thread on the skewed subjects to help take it OT.

What's the ****!ng point?

Stephen you could have put yourself forward when we were recruiting for Moderators. You didn't, stop moaning. ;) Imagine, you could have done it (brought the thread back on topic by splitting it, for example) yourself! So much fun!

This thread is well on topic, especially compared to others.

Stephen you could have put yourself forward when we were recruiting for Moderators. You didn't, stop moaning. ;)

This thread is well on topic, especially compared to others.

!!!!

Yet again, I find this approach astonishing from someone who holds a senior position in this club who is supposed to act in an arbitrary, neutral, harmonious, and constructive fashion.

1. So a thread is 'on topic' if it is 'less off-topic than other off-topic threads'?

2. I never received - or saw - any communication asking people to put themselves forward as moderators. That's not to say that it wasn't there, just that I didn't see it. I wouldn't have, by the way - I'm not here often enough, and my priv. chats with existing and past moderators are not massive adverts for the role, ta :)

2b. So the insinuation is that if I didn't put myself forward for a moderator, that I am liable for the incorrect or insubstantial moderation of threads that I originate? In other words, if I get mugged, it's my fault for not applying to be a policeman? Jesus.

3. "Stop moaning". So if I don't flag a floutation of forum rules, I'm doing nothing, and nothing happens. If I do flag it, I'm moaning, I'm berated for that, and nothing happens. However, if it happens to a thread where a moderator has a vested interest, it is aggressively partitioned, edited, locked, moved, or deleted.

Cheers. I thought you were here to help. Silly, silly, me.

Honestly - two car clubs - the majority of the members of each, good guys and great enthusiasts. However, sometimes I feel like one is ran like a pensioner's crown-green bowling club (45+), the other, like a student union fraternity. (21-)