...and so it begins

coldel

The inquest into how Avram Grant and that motley crew in the boardroom contrived to serve up a team not worth a place in a Sunday pub team side.

My top five in no particular order:

1. Why West Ham started the season with six first team strikers but no fit, recognized right or left back at the club?

2. Why Gold and Sullivan brought in a manager that relegated Portsmouth comfortably last season instead of someone with some success under their belt?

3. Why parasites like Mathew Upson were allowed to stay at the club, why he was allowed to keep the captains armband all season?

4. Why the defence in general, which shipped so many goals the season before was not strengthened in any shape or form?

5. What on earth Avram says at halftime whenever WHU are ahead that turns them into a shoddy goal leaking shambles in the second half?

It's not all bad, they will be a relatively rich club in the championship, last time they went down they came back up with a good side which made the FA Cup final the following season. Its a good reason to strip the club of overpaid individualists and invest in team players.

Should easily raise £40+ from a few sales of the like of Hitzlsperger, Parker, Cole, Green etc. Would like to think we can keep Ba but think he will look for a move especially given the amount of goals he has scored. Hopefully, we will not retain Grant, an utterly incompetent manager.

I think that gold and Sullivan planned on the hammers getting relegated so that they can get they wage bill down and get the parachute payement. I suppose it's an easy way of getting lone to reduce their massive debts and cut the wage bill in one swoop, :shrug:

Not so sure about that, surely the best way is to stay in the Prem? TV rights alone are over £25m a season, the parachutes are something like £7m a season for three seasons only.

I think they wanted to stay up, but let their emotions get in the way. Both of them and Brady were guilty of schoolboy errors in the way of management, I mean what businesses CEO would come out and openly criticize their staff to the media without actually speaking to them first?

Debts are a shocker, but they must have known that. They said they only knew about the full debt levels after they bought the club, I mean what sort of accountants did they employ that missed an apparent £30m debt? :wacko:

The board, Grant, Upson and a number of other senior players have to take a lot of the blame here.

Being in the Championship wont affect WHU attendances, when they went down before they still averaged something like 30k during a home game, all the home seats are usually sold out, in fact there is a 10k plus waiting list on season tickets (I admit that might drop by a few thousand now!). Most of the empty seats at home games are where the oppo put in a poor showing with their away support.

In any case, we don't get the stadium for a few years yet, we will be back in the Prem by then ;)

I blame Brady for EVERYTHING.

"Do us a favour love"

:yahoo:

I was forced into watching the Apprentice the other night and she was on it giving out 'advice' to these people about how to run a business and handle people, shame she demonstrates none of these qualities in her own work!

In any case, we don't get the stadium for a few years yet, we will be back in the Prem by then ;)

I don't get this, the tax payer pays for a superb Olympic athletics stadium, which then gets sold to a football club...... no wonder we are sh1te at athletics :shrug:

Well, it's more to do with the OC building a stadium for a sport which doesn't generate enough revenue to run it.

"ok guys, we built an 'uuuuuge stadium after the olympics we can have lots of athletics events there like...ermmmm...bugger"

I understand that Athletics is not as popular as football, but you have to start somewhere to get the attention the athletes deserve. Why not make it a Athletics Academy :shrug: It just seems a bit of a waste. But at least your not going to knock the whole thing down (I hope) like the "other team" that was bidding for it.

Feel sorry for the Irons to be honest. They really shouldn't of done this badly. Average Grant is one dire manager I don't care what anyone says!

West Ham vs Millwall next season............................twice :scare:

West-Ham-hooligans-001.jpg

I understand that Athletics is not as popular as football, but you have to start somewhere to get the attention the athletes deserve. Why not make it a Athletics Academy :shrug: It just seems a bit of a waste. But at least your not going to knock the whole thing down (I hope) like the "other team" that was bidding for it.

The ladies athletics quite often gets my attention :teeth:

And the 'other' team realised that a stadium built for athletics is not suitable for a football team, have you seen the pictures of the stadium, you need a telescope to see the pitch!

As for Grant did nobody look at his CV.... Portsmouth?

I have no idea why he was recruited, can only assume it was for a lack of any one else. I am sure the dumb Daves were kicking themselves when O'Neill walked out on Villa :lol:

The stadium will be fine, West Ham were always going to have retractable seating over the track. Actually new Wembley has seats further back than the Olympic stadium, in any case there is room a plenty (max WHU turnout 40k), its not like you will have to sit at the back - unless you are really tight and go for the cheap seats...

Going down will be good for them, just like it was for us when we went down. A team like WHU have shown that they can bounce back and I expect them to be back up in a year or two. Let's have Scotty Parker back eh? You can keep Dyer though...

Im totally lost for words when it comes to my beloved team. I resided myself to the fact we were going down several weeks ago. If i could pick just one of your questions to get the real answer it would be the one below:

5. What on earth Avram says at halftime whenever WHU are ahead that turns them into a shoddy goal leaking shambles in the second half?

Whatever he says to them pretty much resulted in a loss of trophy and relegation. The guy is useless and should of gone ages ago, he will probably end up staying tho :lol: Lets just hope we can bounce back up else i cant see us ever returning to the premiership. :rant:

Avram was sacked 30 mins after the game today :yahoo:

He was terribly out of his depth, a non existent transfer strategy, some bizarre formation changes during the season, completely blind to just how poor our defenders were and ignored it...the list is endless really. A truly awful manager, dare I say it bring in Big Sam, although be hard pressed to get in a manager in the Championship who will have limited funds AND have to work under a board containing Sullivan Gold and Brady.