Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

New Leader board guys:

1) Middlec (Westfield Mega Busa) 1:24.2

2) Rezzie (Ferarri 430) 1:28.0

3) Duncan C (Dax Rush Hayabusa Turbo) 1:30.2 (w)

4) Pvapour (Maserati 4200 Sypder) 1:33.0

5) Steve H (Porsche 997 Cab 2S) 1:33.4

6) Peter M (Merc CLK AMG) 1:35.8

7) PCM (Suburu WRX Sti Type R) 1:36.5

8) Squirejo (Lambo Gallardo) 1:37.0 (w)

9) Rezzie (Ferarri 360) 1:38.2 (f)

10) Sarnie (Nissan 350Z) 1:39.2

11) David T (Porsche Boxter) 1:40.7 (f)

12) Diceman (Noble M400) 1:41.9 (w)

13) Agent Orange (Porsche 993 GT2 CS) 1:42.0 (w)

14) Morgy (Atom 275) 1:45.0 (w)

15) Madras (Honda NSX 3.0) 1:45.6

16) StevenG (Supercharged Nissan 350Z) 1:46.7 (w)

17) Mini_ralf (Mini Cooper S) 1:50.2 (f)

18) Neil (Lancia Integrale Evo 2) 1:50.2

19) JP7152 (BMW E36 M3) 1:50.4

20) Spartacus (TVR Cerbera) 1:52.8 (w)

Slipped down to 10th out of 20 but I'm still quite pleased with that. There are'nt many cars ahead of me that I should of beat. Nice to see my NISSAN sandwiched between an Atom, 2 porsches, a Noble, a ferrari and a Lambo :yahoo:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm booked for early April :dance: Opted for the in-car DVD to remember the day by :D

I wonder if Sarnie's aero wing makes a difference. 1:39 is a good time, see how close I can get to it :thumbs:

I will be getting my bullet cam set up also, so need the day to be remembered :thumbs:

I'm booked for early April :dance: Opted for the in-car DVD to remember the day by :D

I wonder if Sarnie's aero wing makes a difference. 1:39 is a good time, see how close I can get to it :thumbs:

Nismo kit is worth 3 secs :thumbs: UY paint is worth 2 secs so you will be ok :D

• 3 weeks later...
Sweeeeeet, well done to that man :yahoo:

Great lap! 14 seconds quicker than me :scare:

Thats a long time on a track!

I bet he is from one of the tuning companies around the track and does the lotus performance tweaks!

I bet he is from one of the tuning companies around the track and does the lotus performance tweaks!

Yeah he was in the full get up, including racing gloves and helmet :surrender:

Yeah he was in the full get up, including racing gloves and helmet :surrender:

I bet its no ordinary exige, i think it has been played with

I bet its no ordinary exige, i think it has been played with

It's got Ohlins single-way adjustable dampers and a race ARB, and the suspension has been set up properly, but the engine is standard. It also has uprated front brake discs & pads and uprated fluid but standard calipers.

Full post here: http://www.exiges.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=82354&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 (not sure if you need to log on to see it).

Had my run out on Tuesday this week B)

Ended up with a 1:39.6 :wacko:

Got to say it was an excellent experience. Graham at Plans is a true motor racing guru; full respect :thumbs:

As much as I throughly enjoyed the day and learnt an awful lot about my driving habits, I did leave feeling a little disappointed with myself. Having watched the DVD again, I did not heed Graham's advice fully. The car has so much more to give than I was able to deliver: another disappointing angle for me.

With respect, 1:39 is a sh1te lap (no offence meant to others with similar times!). Three things could have got this to a 1:36 or below:

1. Practice what the man preaches!

2. Graham told me having another body in the car adds almost 2 seconds a lap.........

3. When I arrived I had <2mm tread on the rear rubber. I had the tyres changed after the track session and noticed a significant improvement in grip.

The Stig did 1:31.* with a 350z. Professional racing driver though he may be, 5 seconds off this time on a 90-95 second lap should be achieveable.

I want to study the DVD again, pratice with a sim some more, then go back and *hammer* 1:39 :teeth:

Anyway, if anyone is considering this session for themselves, definately take the plunge. No way you will regret it! :thumbs:

Had my run out on Tuesday this week B)

Ended up with a 1:39.6 :wacko:

Got to say it was an excellent experience. Graham at Plans is a true motor racing guru; full respect :thumbs:

As much as I throughly enjoyed the day and learnt an awful lot about my driving habits, I did leave feeling a little disappointed with myself. Having watched the DVD again, I did not heed Graham's advice fully. The car has so much more to give than I was able to deliver: another disappointing angle for me.

With respect, 1:39 is a sh1te lap (no offence meant to others with similar times!). Three things could have got this to a 1:36 or below:

1. Practice what the man preaches!

2. Graham told me having another body in the car adds almost 2 seconds a lap.........

3. When I arrived I had <2mm tread on the rear rubber. I had the tyres changed after the track session and noticed a significant improvement in grip.

The Stig did 1:31.* with a 350z. Professional racing driver though he may be, 5 seconds off this time on a 90-95 second lap should be achieveable.

I want to study the DVD again, pratice with a sim some more, then go back and *hammer* 1:39 :teeth:

Anyway, if anyone is considering this session for themselves, definately take the plunge. No way you will regret it! :thumbs:

First off, SARNIE IS STILL THE SITE STIG! B):p

I agree with a lot of what you said mate! There is so much more that the car is capable of but 'normal' guys like us aren't getting the most out of our zeds!

With regards to the time, once I'd finished i felt the same. I chopped about 5 secs off my times in just the 2 hour session. If I had another 2 to 3 hrs a 1:35 is entirely possible in the zed for us 'normal' drivers. I did 1:39.2 on my last lap and proper fooked up the last to one corner that Graham reckoned cost me over 2 seconds :surrender:

My main problem was sequence and corner entry speed (i.e. too quick).

Too often I did not get the gear change done in time, as my entry was too fast, which ultimatley cost me on the exit, where speed is cruitial.

I did on occasion feel like my life was soon to end on approach to the Follow Through :scare:

Sarnie: Is your aero kit *really* worth 3 seconds or was that a p1ss take? :blush:

My main problem was sequence and corner entry speed (i.e. too quick).

Too often I did not get the gear change done in time, as my entry was too fast, which ultimatley cost me on the exit, where speed is cruitial.

I did on occasion feel like my life was soon to end on approach to the Follow Through :scare:

Sarnie: Is your aero kit *really* worth 3 seconds or was that a p1ss take? :blush:

I know what you mean about corner entry. I kept trying to brake, change gear and turn all at the same time :wacko: I also kept too much lock on in corners getting the back end out too much and hence losing time :dry:

And yes, I did slightly squint my eyes on the follow through :scare:

The aero kit thing was a **** take mate, it probably adds the the air resistance :lol:

The aero kit thing was a **** take mate, it probably adds the the air resistance :lol:

But you were not joking about the UY, were you? B)

EDIT: Removed talking non-sense about the YouTube vid :teeth:

The Ultra Y is Ultra Fast :teeth:

PS: What you tube vid?