Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

Didn't even fancy a shot in the wet against Hamilton's time?? :p

In anyone else car then yeah :D

I think this makes it clear Sarnie has taken the Stig's name in vain, and is not prepared to act in the same way the true Stig would. We need a title change please mods. :p

Come on, it's just a bit of water, and it is cheating with 4 WD anyway.... ;):)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't even fancy a shot in the wet against Hamilton's time?? :p

In anyone else car then yeah :D

I think this makes it clear Sarnie has taken the Stig's name in vain, and is not prepared to act in the same way the true Stig would. We need a title change please mods. :p

Come on, it's just a bit of water, and it is cheating with 4 WD anyway.... ;):)

Saying that, the stig never uses his own car anyway, just everyone elses!

much less stress on your car in the rain

less tyre wear

limit of grip is reached at lower speed (so safer)

and

you will learn more.

So DO IT!

I agree with the notion but I don't want to reach the limit of grip and don't want to have to learn from my mistakes :blush:

less tyre wear

and

you will learn more.

So DO IT!

I agree with the notion but I don't want to reach the limit of grip and don't want to have to learn from my mistakes :blush:

But then you'll never be the STIG, you only know your limits when you've gone beyond them. Doing it in a safe enviroment is the best place to learn.

However, if i was you id want it to be dry too. :thumbs:

less tyre wear

and

you will learn more.

So DO IT!

I love it wet! :boat::drive1 Oh, and driving in the rain is great too.....

In my experience wet always leads tom far less wear on tyres, also speed are lower so brakes are not used as much, more often but less pressure due to slow speeds. I problem I have in the wet is the car fills with water quickly.

Can be more fun in the wet, but if track half dry and half wet absolutely hate it as cannot get a good set-up.

I agree with the notion but I don't want to reach the limit of grip and don't want to have to learn from my mistakes Blush

Think of it another way, if you reach the grip limit in the wet at the second last corner (the place you are most likely to lose it) this will be less than half the speed it is in the dry, so you will be heading off the circuit at half the speed. What makes you think you are any more or less likely to make a mistake just because it is wet? I often find that its easier to feel the limit in the wet as it is more progressive, in the dry you often get little warning before it snaps and you have no hope of recovery. Take it easy and build up your speed gradually and smoothly and you should be fine, wet or dry.

if track half dry and half wet ...... cannot get a good set-up.

So true, so true it does show the class of the field though. I once got lapped 6 times in a wet race but I still argue I was having more fun because I was so sideways round the hairpin (almost got flagged for driving standards but I like to think I have grown up since then!)