Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

Latest leaderboard:

1) Middlec (Westfield Mega Busa): 1:24.8

2) Duncan C (Dax Rush Hayabusa Turbo): 1:30.2 (w)

3) PCM (Scooby WRX Sti Type R) 1:36.5

4) Sarnie (standard Nissan 350Z): 1.39.2

5) Diceman (Noble M400) 1.41.9 (w)

6) Madras (Honda NSX 3.0) 1.45.6

7) Neil (Lancia Integrale Evo 2) 1.50.2

8) JP7152 (BMW E36 M3) 1.50.4

Check out the leading time :scare:

Wow, thats insane. I know what i have to beat and i have no chance, haha

The guy said that the Westfield is barely road legal :blush:

Still, the scooby only beat me by a couple of seconds as well. I reckon I could beat that time with a bit of practice :thumbs:

2 seconds on a track is a lot of time to shake off, but with practice and knowing the circuit, i think you could get down there.

Not really mate. On my last lap I was flying and did 1:39.2 . On the penultimate corner I proper monged the entry, over cooked it, was almost on the grass. Graham reckoned that alone cost me nearly 3 second alone :thumbs:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest leaderboard:

1) Middlec (Westfield Mega Busa): 1:24.8

4) Sarnie (standard Nissan 350Z): 1.39.2

5) Diceman (Noble M400) 1.41.9 (w)

6) Madras (Honda NSX 3.0) 1.45.6

7) Neil (Lancia Integrale Evo 2) 1.50.2

8) JP7152 (BMW E36 M3) 1.50.4

Check out the leading time :scare:

Wow, thats insane. I know what i have to beat and i have no chance, haha

The guy said that the Westfield is barely road legal :blush:

Still, the scooby only beat me by a couple of seconds as well. I reckon I could beat that time with a bit of practice :thumbs:

2 seconds on a track is a lot of time to shake off, but with practice and knowing the circuit, i think you could get down there.

Not really mate. On my last lap I was flying and did 1:39.2 . On the penultimate corner I proper monged the entry, over cooked it, was almost on the grass. Graham reckoned that alone cost me nearly 3 second alone :thumbs:

very true, i saw the video, was it that one where you went a bit wide and almost stacked it?

Knowing a circuit is the key to losing time IMO, my mate had the same setup as me in the MGZR and he raced at Donnington every weekend practically. He knew the course so well, that at Donny North on the track, he was overtaking scoobies, a porsche 911 S and an evo, Oh and a skoda octavia but we dont mention that :thumbs:

Thats a great write up Sarnie, well done.

Driving on a track isn't an easy thing to do so you should be proud of yourself. I'm glad to see that the 'I'd be faster than you' brigade hasn't come out as they would of in other forums!

Can't wait to see how you get on next year with the mods.

Thats a great write up Sarnie, well done.

Driving on a track isn't an easy thing to do so you should be proud of yourself. I'm glad to see that the 'I'd be faster than you' brigade hasn't come out as they would of in other forums!

Can't wait to see how you get on next year with the mods.

Me too mate. Currently mulling over Charlied's DC zorst and the Vortech SC :scare:

Hey Sarnie,

The pic's looked great & well done on the times, I enquired about a track day at Silverstone at the weekend...pretty good deal I thought....£300.00 for a full day. The morning you would be taken out by instructers in their cars (3 in total - single seater, lotus elise & RS4) then lunch and out in the zed in the sfternoon. Is that what you did?

By the way, do you work at Mooch (interior design place in Digbeth, Birmingham)? If so I work just up the bank from you and have often admired your car for a long time. If not, I'm admioring someone else's carB)

By the way, do you work at Mooch (interior design place in Digbeth, Birmingham)? If so I work just up the bank from you and have often admired your car for a long time. If not, I'm admioring someone else's carB)

Yep thats my zed :teeth:

Latest leaderboard:

1) Middlec (Westfield Mega Busa): 1:24.2

4) Rezzie (Ferarri 360) 1:38.2 (f)

5) Sarnie (Nissan 350Z) 1:39.2

6) David T (Porsche Boxter) 1:40.7 (f)

7) Diceman (Noble M400) 1:41.9 (w)

8) Madras (Honda NSX 3.0) 1:45.6

9) Mini_ralf (Mini Cooper S) 1:50.2 (f)

10) Neil (Lancia Integrale Evo 2) 1:50.2

11) JP7152 (BMW E36 M3) 1:50.4

Down another place :thumbdown: TBF, being beaten by a Ferrari is no big deal :blush: