Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably could but do you have the balls for it?

The G cost a tad (sarcastic small amount) bit more than the z.

That will be a big factor to be fair. When I was there before I was soooo scared about crashing and will be this time too. But I will also be miles more confident in the G's 4wd system. :)

True 4wd will make a huge difference in confidence.

Really should book this myself.

Is there anyway nearby to stay? Know f all about the area. Been to Antarctica, Amazon, middle east, all over USA but only ever get to England about once a decade.

There will be loads of places to stay. IIRC its not far at all from Guildford so there will be the usual Travel Lodges etc :thumbs:

Get it booked. This year you can pay an extra £50 to have a load a telemetry equipment fitted and an in-car camera fitted to produce a DVD to take home :teeth:B)

There will be loads of places to stay. IIRC its not far at all from Guildford so there will be the usual Travel Lodges etc :thumbs:

Get it booked. This year you can pay an extra £50 to have a load a telemetry equipment fitted and an in-car camera fitted to produce a DVD to take home :teeth:B)

:lol: Yep, has to be done. Followed quickly by 4 new tyres.

My delay is the cost against the weather. Book the track, accomation, ferry and arrive to find it pissing down. Will cost me about a grand to do it. :wacko:

:lol: Yep, has to be done. Followed quickly by 4 new tyres.

My delay is the cost against the weather. Book the track, accomation, ferry and arrive to find it pissing down. Will cost me about a grand to do it. :wacko:

One of the main reasons I'm doing it is my car comes back tomorrow complete with 4 new tyres, so might as well scrub the free set :teeth:

Sarnie, am I right in thinking you've still got the site record? If so, well... I love a challenge. Just need to get myself a damned zed.

Actually, what's your car's spec? Level playing field and all that... ;)

Mal.

4961CC LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO :lol:

LOL. :D

Let me rephrase that... what was your car's spec, Sarnie? The Zed, that is. :)

Mal.

At the time, i believe the car was pretty much standard, however even if the nismo exhaust was fitted, it would not have made a difference.

So i think the challenge is a standard zed, no FI, no mods, just standard.

Having said that, i am sure the nismo kit helped in some way

At the time, i believe the car was pretty much standard, however even if the nismo exhaust was fitted, it would not have made a difference.

So i think the challenge is a standard zed, no FI, no mods, just standard.

Having said that, i am sure the nismo kit helped in some way

My car was pretty much standard. All mods were for audio or visual effect.

The time to beat is 1:39.2 :teeth:

No FI, even though that didn't help StephenG in the wet. And no people with race licences, you know who you are! :ninja::p

Was it not a GT4, then? Or would that not make much difference over a standard, 276bhp first edition?

Mal.

Oh yeah it was the 296 PS version. Its had 20 more bhp but less torque so no difference really. :thumbs:

Was it not a GT4, then? Or would that not make much difference over a standard, 276bhp first edition?

Mal.

Oh yeah it was the 296 PS version. Its had 20 more bhp but less torque so no difference really. :thumbs:

But revvs slightly higher so about the same if not slightly quicker. :thumbs:

Mal.

But revvs slightly higher so about the same if not slightly quicker. :thumbs:

Totally irrelevant and any difference would be too minisule to even quantify. Major differences would be things llike tyre tread depth, brake pad and disc conditions, fuel used etc. Oh and not forgetting, how much bottle have you got? Throwing your pride and joy into a corner at 100 mph......... thats where its won and lost :D

Mal.

hang on 10nM less of torque makes up for 20bhp over a larger power band?!! Your having a laugh.

It woulnt make much difference but it will still make some difference, especially on track.