Top Gear Track Day - Pics and vids!!!!

Sarnie

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stigs time was 1:31.8 seconds, i think you could get it down to a high 1:36

I reckon with a couple of days there, getting to know the car and track more and more I reckon a regular driver could get down to about 1:37. The main reason I say this is that I did 5 laps above 1:40 and I wasn't hanging around. I know how hard I had to push myself and the car to squeeze out a 1:39.2 so I reckon shaving another 3 seconds off would take a good few day sessions if possible. A massive element though is how far your prepared to push the car. I was happy to get off the track in one piece. If you watch stig's laps, he cuts the corners and goes on the grass on the last couple of corners cos he don't give a **** about the car cos it ain't his. That attitude alone must be worth 2-3 secs over the owner driver. :)

SO here is the question, will Jay do a few days training before posting that he has done the top gear track, then at the end of all that, he posts up his final time? ;)

It won't matter, he won't beat my time full stop. ;)

I actually agree with you, seeing how Jay drives, there is no way he will beat you. Unless Danny jumps in the car while no one is looking ;)

I can only compare with motorcycles, but if the analogy holds a better car will not automatically mean better laptimes. Well, i mean, significantly better laptimes. Now ok, if you were going from a Ford Ka to the Gallardo this will have an influence, and a HUGE one, but its not like the 350Z is some kind of old crappy vehicle.

I guess you will be faster but not with a huge margin, for the reasons you stated yourself. If your car can brake later, and corner faster, its still the nut connecting the seat and the steering wheel that has to do it :teeth:

Lol thanks for the support guys :lol: Im taking some advance track driving courses courtesy of my dad then will attempt it, If i tried straight away Id probably get 2mins lol :lol: I aim to beat Sarnies time, so this will fuel me to do it right fingers crossed :blush:

Danny is going straight ahead to see what time he can hit, he wants to get in the 1:37 mark as he has been to the track a few times before, must admit he is a really good driver, In his saab he did a hell of alot of track days and went Nurburgring quite a few times, use to go watch him when he use to do the 1/4 mile at Santa Pod, under 13 secs in his car B) Saab was extremely quick so much torque he upset alot, so will be interesting to see what he manages in the Z :thumbs:

I can only compare with motorcycles, but if the analogy holds a better car will not automatically mean better laptimes. Well, i mean, significantly better laptimes. Now ok, if you were going from a Ford Ka to the Gallardo this will have an influence, and a HUGE one, but its not like the 350Z is some kind of old crappy vehicle.

I guess you will be faster but not with a huge margin, for the reasons you stated yourself. If your car can brake later, and corner faster, its still the nut connecting the seat and the steering wheel that has to do it :teeth:

Your probable right. Although a gallardo has been round there in 1:37 in the wet:

1) Middlec (Westfield Mega Busa) 1:24.2

2) Rezzie (Ferarri 430) 1:28.0

3) Duncan C (Dax Rush Hayabusa Turbo) 1:30.2 (w)

4) Pvapour (Maserati 4200 Sypder) 1:33.0

5) Steve H (Porsche 997 Cab 2S) 1:33.4

6) Peter M (Merc CLK AMG) 1:35.8

7) PCM (Suburu WRX Sti Type R) 1:36.5

8) Squirejo (Lambo Gallardo) 1:37.0 (w)

9) Rezzie (Ferarri 360) 1:38.2 (f)

10) Sarnie (Nissan 350Z) 1:39.2

11) David T (Porsche Boxter) 1:40.7 (f)

12) Diceman (Noble M400) 1:41.9 (w)

13) Agent Orange (Porsche 993 GT2 CS) 1:42.0 (w)

14) Morgy (Atom 275) 1:45.0 (w)

15) Madras (Honda NSX 3.0) 1:45.6

16) StevenG (Supercharged Nissan 350Z) 1:46.7 (w)

17) Mini_ralf (Mini Cooper S) 1:50.2 (f)

18) Neil (Lancia Integrale Evo 2) 1:50.2

19) JP7152 (BMW E36 M3) 1:50.4

20) Spartacus (TVR Cerbera) 1:52.8 (w)

So I'd like to think I could get round there quicker than that if its dry, maybe even around 1:34-35 ???

Your probable right. Although a gallardo has been round there in 1:37 in the wet:

So I'd like to think I could get round there quicker than that if its dry, maybe even around 1:34-35 ???

You should spank that on your second visit, just remember to put some air in your tyres this time :lol:

Lol thanks for the support guys :lol: Im taking some advance track driving courses courtesy of my dad then will attempt it, If i tried straight away Id probably get 2mins lol :lol: I aim to beat Sarnies time, so this will fuel me to do it right fingers crossed :blush:

Danny is going straight ahead to see what time he can hit, he wants to get in the 1:37 mark as he has been to the track a few times before, must admit he is a really good driver, In his saab he did a hell of alot of track days and went Nurburgring quite a few times, use to go watch him when he use to do the 1/4 mile at Santa Pod, under 13 secs in his car B) Saab was extremely quick so much torque he upset alot, so will be interesting to see what he manages in the Z :thumbs:

You could dance your way round in no time!

You should spank that on your second visit, just remember to put some air in your tyres this time :lol:

Your right, i got my G back tonight with a full set of new tyres. To say I worn them in is an understatement!! i did 20 miles in about 10 mins along the local b roads. Proper scubbed them in. And it was wet. I would be very dissappointed if i did not beat 1:37 :blush:

You dont know the driver who put down that time, so it is hard to compare.

And in the wet it will be better with the G than with the Z, because of the 4WD system.

Your right I don't know that driver but if I can do 1:39 in the dry in a zed then I should be able to do 1:37 in the G in the wet I would of thought :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
I was supposed to be going on this day today but I postponed it due to the shitty weather over the weekend :(

Does it cost anything to postpone? I don't fancy travelling all the way from here to be sat in the rain.

Nah, just phoned them on saturday and cancelled. They had not taken anymoney anyway yet :)

Hopefully will get to do it in the next couple of weeks :)