Stock exhaust + decat - sounds like god of thunder

kevlo

Hi guys and girls, ive got to replace my left cat as its showing as inefficient and causing the engine management light to come on.

Cut a long story short i'm thinking of going for decats instead of OEM. Just searched for stock exhaust and decats on youtube and found this

i think it sounds amazing, is that really just a stock exhaust with decat?

to be honest dont really want a new exhaust or rather cant afford it as i've promised the missus i wont spend money on car as we're in process of saving to do a self build house project.

however she cant argue about replacing a part which is a must. just looking at stock exhaust with decat/hfc options?

Ahhh, hfc's then :thumbs: Unless you go all fancy like wasso and get the motordyne xyz, then maybe you could switch between cats or not :thumbs:

Motordyne xyz isn't exactly cheap from what I remember though.

True, I try to forget the price being so painful but think it was in the £400 region just for the XYZ.

True, I try to forget the price being so painful but think it was in the £400 region just for the XYZ.

That's not as bad as I thought. Ah but then race cats on top :thumbs:

Yup that's true, maybe I chose to forget the price of that too :lol:

I don't like this site anymore :lol: i now want berks hfcs after spending the last 30odd minutes watching clips on youtube :lol:

whats the difference between kinetex/berk hfcs?

I don't know the difference, but either way your Z will sound absolutely awesome, I put some vids up, they were totally rubbish quality, my Berks along with the Akro, are truly the sound of thunder. I think it'll impress at LakeZ ;)

No drone at cruising, or in lower gears at low revs, but hit the, now very, loud pedal from 2.5krpm up and it puts a manic grin on my fazug B) I wish I had done this years ago with other aftermarkets and cars I've owned :)

Oh and the throttle response is way better, pulls harder and has the sound of a proper muscle engined car. You don't, in my opinion, get a proper idea of the sound with the car just sitting revving, you have to hear them on the go, from inside or outside, to form a true picture :thumbs: