Any 19's lighter than the Rays?

AK350Z

I have team dynamics drifz wheels that are about 20kg per wheel and they are 19" 9.5" wide, Im not sure on the rays weight though....

less than that ....

Standard Rays Wheels

Front Size: 18 x 8.0 Offset: + 30 mm Weight: 18.19 lbs Tyre: 225/45/18

Rear Size: 18 x 8.5 Offset: + 33 mm Weight: 18.62 lbs Tyre: 245/45/18

So, to answer your question, yes, there probably are, the same wheels as on the mosler. They'll set you back ~£5.5k and look to be utterly custom made. If you get some, i'm definitely in for pictures :thumbs:

http://www.rotaryart.uk.com/acatalog/Dy ... ls_19.html

Why would you want 19"s lighter than the 18" rays? Surely if you wanted light you'd go with 18" wheels? Some of ians :cloud9: wheels in 18" would be ~15.8lb

I have team dynamics drifz wheels that are about 20 lbs per wheel and they are 19" 9.5" wide, Im not sure on the rays weight though....

I can't find the weight on the 19x9.5, but the 18x8.5 are 11.5kg, or 25lb so I can't believe the 19x9.5" are ~20lb.

well, when I swapped them there is a difference in weight and my new 19" are defiantly lighter however that was comparing it with the Rays V2....

So, to answer your question, yes, there probably are, the same wheels as on the mosler. They'll set you back ~£5.5k and look to be utterly custom made. If you get some, i'm definitely in for pictures :thumbs:

http://www.rotaryart.uk.com/acatalog/Dy ... ls_19.html

Why would you want 19"s lighter than the 18" rays? Surely if you wanted light you'd go with 18" wheels? Some of ians :cloud9: wheels in 18" would be ~15.8lb

Tell you what, I'll get them.... If you pay half! ;)

As for why, purely wondering if you could have the looks without having any weight penalty over the Rays, which incidentally, I've always really liked.

Interesting post on 350z tech:

The best bang for buck wheel are forged aluminium ones, due to their durability and strength vs the cost. Volk Racing wheels are probably the most popular on Japanese cars for those that can afford them, and the CE28Ns are the lightest forged aluminium wheels in their range, but not the strongest. The TE37s are the strongest, but while light they're not the lightest. The current halo model, the RE30, is meant to be the best blend of strength and weightlessness and based on their F1 wheel.

Bear in mind that the 350Z isn't a particularly light car by Japanese standards, so extra strength to resist the weight of the car would be good trade off against lower unsprung mass. The scuttlebutt I've heard says that CE28Ns were aimed at lightweight sports cars (we're talking about 1100kg, so Miata and stripped out tuner cars), the RE30s were meant for the midweight where their current sports racers like the RSX and Silvia with little weight reduction sit (so up to around 1400kg) and the TE37s were for heavier cars like the GT-Rs, Supras, Z's, etc.

Ever hit any potholes Ian?

As for why, purely wondering if you could have the looks without having any weight penalty over the Rays, which incidentally, I've always really liked.

Does that mean I get to use them half the time? :p

I don't think it's realistic to get wheels weighing less than the rays in 19", nor do I really see the point if you're not tracking the 350z, in which case, you wouldn't be wanting to do it on massively expensive wheels anyways.

Advan rs's or ians ce28n's would be damn close though, as ian said, they're like a couple of lb out from the rays.

It's an interesting question though, so can I have the dymag carbon fibre/forged mag wheels now ;):p:thumbs:

I can't remember if the time attack versions were lighter than the standard CE28s, I'm pretty sure they were which is what I had :)

I'd have thought that extra red paint stripe would add weight to the wheels.

Before you say it, yes I am serious, look at the difference in weight of the advans in 2 different colours :lol:

Does that mean I get to use them half the time? :p

If there are 2.5 million pennies in my jar, I'm sure we can work something out! :thumbs: