Supercar Charity Meet Photos

Chesterfield

Ive put this in off topic but will link from Other Cars too, as its a bit of both.

Its taken me a while to get round to posting these, but as yesterday I attended the "handover" part of this event I thought it appropriate to write this up now.

A couple of weeks ago I attended what was called the "Secret Supercar Meet" arranged by Adam from Supercardriver.com. The meet was organised by Adam and donations were taken from those whom attended for the Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice in Sheffield. The aim was to get 100+ supercars together for owners to share their experiences and chat about all aspects of ownership etc. A general social get together with the benefits of being able to see some incredibly rare cars, and raise money for a worthy cause. We raised £2,160 for the hospice on the day which was fantastic.

When I say rare cars, I do mean very rare. The only Bugatti Veyron Supersport in the UK (1 of 5 in the world), and the only Reventon Spider in the UK (1 of 15 in the world). Along with items such as Mercedes SLS, Miura, F40, F50, Carrera GT, Enzo, Masserati GT's, and a whole host of other very rare and exotic cars.

We all grouped together at Donnington Park, and due to there being spectators and competitors for what looked like a racing weekend that date, there were enough people to blow the cover off this "secret" meet alltogether. By the time we came to take all the cars to Graypaul in Nottingham, and around 100 supercars left to go through the city centre to their dealership people were already aware something was afoot.

Anyone who has been on the Wales run and witnessed the publics reaction to a large number of sports cars travelling in convoy through a town will have some idea of the reaction we got as the procession made its way through Nottingham. Im glad to say that 350z-uk.com still remains unbeaten in having someone walk into a lamp post while ogling the cars, but the sight of these cars in convoy certainly raised some eyebrows.

Here are a few pictures of just a few of the cars attending that day, including some very rare items indeed. Write up of the meet at the hospice after these first pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Yesterday (Sunday) - a group of about 20 of us took our cars over to the Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice in Sheffield for the children there to come and have a look round the cars, sit in them and chat about the cars. There were no public photos of this as they have very strict rules about photos while the children are present, but there was the official photographer for the hospice and one for the local newspaper present, so hopefully there will be some pictures to see of this eventually.

The club managed to raise £2,160 for the hospice from this meet, and the pleasure of seeing Adam hand over the cheque was only suprassed by the smiles on these childrens faces as they got their hands on cars that for many appear on posters or games that they play. They got to rev engines, sound horns and generally have a brilliant time with the cars.

For those that dont know, this hospice cares for children and young adults who have shotened life expectancies. It is incredibly emotional seeing the smiles on faces of children (and their parents) who were there, some of which very sadly may not be with us if we did it again next year. A very humbling day indeed and one I feel proud to have been invited along to. I know my pics arent the greatest quality - I left the camera on the wrong setting which I found out after the event, but still hopefully they are good enough.

Here are a few videos of the cars at the initial meet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWkIri7xcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0fPbC8HnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpNAW2kq5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH8Z9xVxwZg

And for those who wish to read about the charity where the £2,160 was donated, please visit them here:

http://www.bluebellwood.org/

The chap to contact is Adam at supercardriver.com

There are so many worthy causes, Im sure you could run one of these every day of the year and still not get round them all, but Im sure Adam may be receptive to suggestions for the next one, though I doubt it will be as regular as a monthly occurance. Maybe annual I dont know. :shrug: