Zed has gone....

andyvvc

...sold today to a lad based over in Shrewsbury. With luck he will get onto this great forum (i banged on about it enough to him) :thumbs:

Hmmm ... decision time now. Do i get an RX8, or an S2000? :ban: Or maybe I'll get another Zed :yahoo:

Hopefully I'll only be gone a week or so, surely it cant take that long to locate a decent 309bhp Zed..... or one of those 370s

Ironically, after Cookbot re-sealed the lamp's faulty top-corner of the seal (and after we sealed the rubber 'O' ring on the new HID with grease), the lamp has been dry as a bone! Hopefully she will run for many more years - the new owner is in the forces and seems like a genuine bloke, so i have no concerns there. His current car is a Golf GTI, so provided he keeps the TC on in the Zed, the power difference shouldn't cause any off-road incidents.

My old 200sx is STILL taxed according to the DVLA ! Here's hoping my old Zed remains so for many years to come. As i said, with some luck the lad will find his way onto this forum - so she'll still be in the family :)

Out of interest. Why would you sell a Z only to want an s2000 or RX8??

Typically people sell to upgrade (to a porsche!) or downgrade for fuel, and neither are fuel efficient!

The Zed isnt the be all and end all y'know.

Some people just fancy a change. S2000 and Rx8's are both decent cars, and not cars I would view as a downgrade. More just a sidestep for something different.

Out of interest. Why would you sell a Z only to want an s2000 or RX8??

Typically people sell to upgrade (to a porsche!) or downgrade for fuel, and neither are fuel efficient!

The Zed isnt the be all and end all y'know.

Some people just fancy a change. S2000 and Rx8's are both decent cars, and not cars I would view as a downgrade. More just a sidestep for something different.

As much as I didn't get on with my old 8 I've got to say they're a whole lot of Rosie for the money these days...........if you were trying to free up a bit of cash and keep the fun there are worse ways.

...........having said that personally I'd rather set fire to my pubes :lol:

There's a lot of misconceptions about the RX8, and having owned (still have both actually) both the RX8 and Zed, they are very different.

The Mazda is far more nimble and feels like a go kart, the Nissan feels heavier and a lot bigger. The RX8 is very practical for what it is, the Zed...not so much. Both have very different engines, one is a big, lazy bruiser the other is a high-revving little psycho. I've had my RX8 for a year and it's never caused me any problems at all which I'm surprised about given its reputation. Fuel consumption is worse than the Zed though and it uses slightly more oil although surprisingly little for a rotary. The whole engine-flooding thing can be a pain in the arse I imagine, but I've never flooded it as it's fairly easy not to; don't switch off unless the engine is suitably warm!

If you do decide to go for an RX-8, beware there are a lot of lemons about with low compression, buggered CATs and faulty sensors. They are dirt cheap now too, mine is up for £4150 and it's a 54 plate with 46k on the clock. That's about 50% less than the equivalent 350Z :scare:

buy a 309! you know u want to!!

I actually thought you meant a Peugeot 309! :lol:

I used to have one of those, the 309 Gti... basically same as a 1.9 205 Gti but with the boot. I remember buying it for £800 as a right wreak, having it 12 months, then selling it for £1400.

Having only recently bought my 309 zed, im amazed at how cheap the RX8`s are in comparison. I could have bought 2 nearly new ones for the same price I paid for my zed. So, certainly worth considering. Another option would be a porsche boxster - again you can pick these up for a lot less than a 309 zed - personally they are not my cup of tea, but some like them.